Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thank god i didn't go for Juve and City like I was planning.
    Seria A in particular is just a minefield to bet on result wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Corners came through in the Chelsea game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Yardie wrote: »
    Ha it sould be solid but would wait to see what price is and shop around if you can..PP usually have the worst prices for player bookings. Unibet and Sky are particularly good. Maybe open account if you haven't already to take advantage of free bet if putting on large stake.

All I want for Christmas is Frimpong to start this game!

Luiz back from suspension against Wigan with Atkinson reffing may have to suffice!

Ye good shout. Might place this one in the local though if I do find reasonable odds, takes an age to get money back to my bank a/c and I wouldn't mind a bit of quick cash.. Besides, there's no better feeling then walking out of a bookies with a huge grin on your face! ;)

With Arsenal's 4 main full backs injured as well there's always the chance song might start centre back and frimpong in front of him! That'd be a dream come true! :pac:

wprathead wrote: »
    Thank god i didn't go for Juve and City like I was planning.
    Seria A in particular is just a minefield to bet on result wise

Disaster of a weekend in serie a, Milan, Napoli and Juve all held and I had money on them all :rolleyes: .. It's as bad as the championship! Ahh well... Always next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Got all over BTTS in El Clasico @ 4/7

Total Stake:50€
    Potential Returns:78.57€
    28.50 profit going straight on Man City DND @ 11/10
    Potential Return: 59.85

Chelsea have returned to form but Man City's Premier League form is so strong and expect them to at least continue the unbeaten run. Definitely worth a punt

I REGRET NOTHINGGGGGG .. stupid clichy & lescott:mad: failed to say that 'expect them to at least continue unbeaten run PROVIDED THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID OR GET A MAN SENT OFF'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Roughly how long before a game do the bookies put up there player to be booked markets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Samich wrote: »
    It didn't just come in, you won that one by a mile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Samich wrote: »
    Fair fcuks to you geezer! i didnt follow you tonight but like i said before,youre being watched now!:D so keep up the good work!;) no pressure of course:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I lost a good part of the profit I made last week because of Man City and Lech Poznan :( so I really need these 2 bets to come in:

Podolski anytime @ 2.10

Genoa - Inter : HT draw @ 2.00

Larger stake on the first bet, I can't believe he's still overpriced when he scores in almost every game and Mainz concede in almost every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Podolski anytime @ 2.10

Larger stake on the first bet, I can't believe he's still overpriced when he scores in almost every game and Mainz concede in almost every game.

He's 2.375 with Boyles, makes a difference as the stakes get larger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

"Cristiano feels indebted to the madridismo for his performance against Barcelona so to make up for it he trained alone, didn't make any jokes in training, and asked to play in Copa del Rey game. Nothing like a hat trick against a team from segunda B to make up for being truly awful yet again against Barca.."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Double of Besiktas 10-11 home to Stoke. Stoke have already qualified and have just played 2 days ago so it will be a second team. If Besiktas win they top the Group.

Maccabi Haifi home to Schalke @ 11-10. Maccabi need to win to ensure qualification as Schalke are already going through as leaders so again B team material with nothing to play for.

Double pays just over 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Requested odds on Vargas to score midweek :)

8/11 anytime goal scorer and 13/8 Insurebet 1st goalscorer

meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Yoshie. wrote: »
    "Cristiano feels indebted to the madridismo for his performance against Barcelona so to make up for it he trained alone, didn't make any jokes in training, and asked to play in Copa del Rey game. Nothing like a hat trick against a team from segunda B to make up for being truly awful yet again against Barca.."
    Just for curiousity I had a look around and the best I could find was 4/1 for this. For a hattrick :eek:

Just for curiousity I had a look around and the best I could find was 4/1 for this. For a hattrick :eek:

8/1 at victor chandler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

where did you quote that from yoshie?He 7/4 for first goal scorer

where did you quote that from yoshie?He 7/4 for first goal scorer

Off of a forum I use, he know's his stuff about madrid inside out.
    Don't stake much on that quote, was just giving people a heads up that he's likely to play and he'll hopefully do the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

dont really see point puttin podolski anytime, odds are better for koln to win and if he scores you'd expect them to win like

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Spurs to beat Shamrock Rovers half time full time is 11/10. Spurs should have too much for Rovers even resting a few players. If you don fancy that 10/3 for a draw and spurs full time is decent aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Anyone know ther Madrid team for this evening? Fancy them to win to nil @ 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

there taking a decent squad,kaka higuain ramos ronaldo are in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

EdenHazard wrote: »
    dont really see point puttin podolski anytime, odds are better for koln to win and if he scores you'd expect them to win like

Possibly but in 2 of the last 4 Koln matches he's scored and they've failed to win so it can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

podolski anytime
    yeovil win
    st johnstone win
    valencia -1
    pays 21/1

thoughts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

podolski anytime
    yeovil win
    st johnstone win
    valencia -1
    pays 21/1

thoughts anyone?
    Saints are a great price in my opinion,am considering having a punt on them,Aberdeen are very poor this season so far, something like half the points of St johnstone.

just did a bet......... saints DNB 13/20 hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

I gotta have a piece of Podolski anytime tonight.

His goals scoring record has been impressive this season and it is likely to be his last home game for Koln as winter break kicks in next week in Bundesliga and he is linked with a host of clubs in January transfer window.

Also going for under 10 corners @ 5/6 on Bet 365. 5/6 of Kolns last home games have had under 10 corners. Koln averaging 3 corners p/g in those matches.
    4 out of 6 Mainz last away games under 10. Mainz ave. 4.5 corners p/g in those.

Thanks Yoshie for the Ronaldo info. If he starts it could be a wheelbarrow job on the 8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Inter Milan and Madrid -1 looks good to me at just over 11/5.
    Inter looked an improved side at the weekend and I feel they need this win before the winter break.
    Madrid have a strong team and will surely look to bounce back after the el clasico disaster. I'm tempted to lump on -2 at evens but I'll wait to see the starting XI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

seems like a decent squad out got 50 on over 3.5

what team have spurs out tonight,guess no ade or defoe or vdv?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for overs in Koln and -2 Real Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Four-fold:
    Vaslui DNB
    Udinese
    Spurs
    Crusaders
    Comes to 6.5/1

Udinese = while a draw is enough for Udinese to go gaurentee through, Celtic are very poor away and fancy the win. Udinese do have Lazio at weekend so Di Natalie will probaly be rested, so Unders is good bet here too as don't see either team scoring much.
    Spurs = Well, while they are more than likely out of the comp, can not underestimate the importance of fact Rovers havn't been playing competitive football. Although going to be Reserve team Harry puts out, they have atleast been playing in Reserve leagues. With the likes of Sandro, Pienear, Rose and Corluka on show it will surely be more than enough to beat a Shamrock team which plays much better on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

what team have spurs out tonight,guess no ade or defoe or vdv?
    Who are Spurs playing tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

hamburg X1 v ronaldo allstars XI friendly coming up at 6. should be decent for a good few goals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement