Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poop sticking to cats bottom

• 20-07-2013 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that poop seems to be sticking to Toby's bottom, not the fur, his fur is quite short. I've cleaned it off once and he's got more there today. I cleaned it with pampers sensitive baby wipes last time, although I couldn't get it off tonight as he and Felix were sizing each other up and Toby was too edgy to go pulling at him, he gets very anxious when I clean his bottom.

I'm feeding him Applaws chicken kibble with watered down Felix pouches at the moment, as he doesn't trust the Animonda carny food. I've ordered a different grain free wet food to see if he'll eat that instead. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do for him to stop it as I don't want him getting fly strike and it can't be nice for him to smell it on himself, I'm not sure why he's not cleaning it himself tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've found this on peach as well, the actual skin part of the bum is always dirty...it's never overly bothered her though. I only ever clean it before we go to a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Trim the hair around his bum. We have to do it with Tegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

kylith wrote: »
    Trim the hair around his bum. We have to do it with Tegan.
    It used to stick to Felix's fur and we trimmed it. Erm, there's no delicate way to put it really, it's like a thin bit of it gets stuck and doesn't come all the way out of his bottom, then sticks to the skin of his bum. I wondered if he might be constipated. I know what we feed him but he's still not here 24 hours a day yet and I'd say he's getting scraps elsewhere too.

Advertisement