Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think the hair looks amazing! But even if I didn't like it I would keep my opinion to myself.

I've gotten to a great place where I don't care what people think of me. I am in a professional course and I go to class in the evening with people coming in their fancy work clothes, and I stroll in with my pink hair and don't care! Its a kind of unwritten rule that you are expected to be professional in class, but I got past that and since I'm not working now it may be my only chance to look like I want to :D

People have told me I have a few hipstery tendencies! My sister gets really annoyed by it. Don't know why at all! Not harming her sure! I wouldn't put any kind of a label on myself, I just do what I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Albection wrote: »
    I must have had my inherent, overwhelming and exceedingly obvious masculinity accidentally turned off for quite a while so.

Yep, that's it.

<_<
    >_>

Nah, I just haven't been reading this thread long enough. That's it. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Polloloca wrote: »
    Well I do apologise if I've offended you, but I'm just stating my opinion. I find it trashy, personally. It doesn't bother me what other people do to themselves. I personally wouldn't do it because I find it trashy. As I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have their tongue pierced because they find it trashy, or a lot of people not wanting to get a tattoo on their lower back, for fear of looking trashy. Other people don't care. I don't know whats so rude about having an opinion. - Shrug -

You didn't offend me. I still think it's rude when a poster says she wants a haircut to quote her and call her preference trashy. It may be your opinion, but I find it rude to say it straight to someone's face (or equivalent) like that. It's like a smack down people hand out in school.

TBH, looking a certain way says SFA about who a person is, and if someone were to judge you as looking trashy for having any of the above listed things, then that's their loss for boiling you down to nothing but your image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

McChubbin wrote: »
    If you want to get a nice vintage picture, go buy a proper vintage camera! *is a nerd for cameras*

I would kill for a camera something like a Leica (I wish) or a Zorki (actually possible) that I could carry around with me everywhere I go. Small enough that it fits in a pocket or bag, isn't too heavy, big viewfinder, metered (although I would learn Sunny 16,) 35mm lens on it. And would it be too much to ask if I could get all this and it be 120 film? OK. I'll settle for small. But really I'd settle for cheap. Because these actually exist in digital now, but technology has never gone backwards and made it possible for film cameras with 1950s/1960s/1970s engineering with modern film technology.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I also met President Mary MacAleese in 2nd year with two badly stitched holes in my jumper. Soon as the tour ended, I sat down at the big dining table in Aras On Uctharon (sp?) and gleefully undid the threads so I could poke my thumbs through.

There is nothing so satisfying as a good grouch/slump with your thumbs through your sleeves. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You didn't offend me. I still think it's rude when a poster says she wants a haircut to quote her and call her preference trashy. It may be your opinion, but I find it rude to say it straight to someone's face (or equivalent) like that. It's like a smack down people hand out in school.

TBH, looking a certain way says SFA about who a person is, and if someone were to judge you as looking trashy for having any of the above listed things, then that's their loss for boiling you down to nothing but your image.
    To be honest DK, I don't really care how a person from the internet chooses to dress or style their hair. I generally have more pressing matters on my mind. I have never seen Mc Chubbin, so for all I know, it may look amazing on her. I merely stated I personally don't rate the side of head shave as a hair style, as to me, I find it trashy. I also find it pretty ironic that you should jump on that post as being rude, when I feel that telling a poster what they can and can't have an opinion on is pretty rude too.

If you find my posts so offensive, just report them. I have no interest in playing keyboard warrior trying to defend my posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Okay, girlies. I'm off to bed. I have Motivation tomorrow and I'm dreading the weigh in. I ate cake TWICE this week. My only excuse is that I was on vacation but still... I REGRET NOTHING!
    (Seriously, the chocolate creme cake in The Pig's Tale was better than sex!)
    Will update when I get back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I feel that telling a poster what they can and can't have an opinion on is pretty rude too.

At no stage did she say that.

To be honest DK, I don't really care how a person from the internet chooses to dress or style their hair. I generally have more pressing matters on my mind. I have never seen Mc Chubbin, so for all I know, it may look amazing on her. I merely stated I personally don't rate the side of head shave as a hair style, as to me, I find it trashy. I also find it pretty ironic that you should jump on that post as being rude, when I feel that telling a poster what they can and can't have an opinion on is pretty rude too.

If you find my posts so offensive, just report them. I have no interest in playing keyboard warrior trying to defend my posts.

As I said, not offended. Just telling you that I found your manner rude.

I'm also not saying you can't have an opinion, have away, but if people don't like it, they have the same right to express that opinion too. It's how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Mc Chubbin I want a picture in KYL when you get that hair cut! I'd love to get something like that but I'm so nervous it would look awful on me :) Regardless of what people say if you want that look then get it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Had one of those ****ty life lessons yesterday, this week can go to hell for all I care.

Did a good deed last night in a desperate attempt to reset my Karma.

Everyone have a lovely day x and smile at a stranger, they may just need a bit of niceness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Larianne wrote: »
    :eek: Made me LOL.
    Had a date tonight. Don't think I'll be seeing him again. He kept picking his ears... and looking at what he picked. :cool:

Oh dear :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm hoooome (well, to my aunts house, which is like a second home, but with wifi and signal :P ). Got to look at some stunning pictures of my grandparents when they were newly weds and old family pics last night, really nice stuff.

Also, it isn't raining... not one bit since I got here... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Lying on the floor in my bedroom waiting for my lower back muscles to release :(

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Lying on the floor in my bedroom waiting for my lower back muscles to release :(

:( I'd give you a rub if I was anywhere close by.

Words cannot express how excited I am about Ireland having two competitors in the Modern Pentathlon. I love it, it's batsh1t. Here's the rundown from wiki:
    Coubertin created the contest to simulate the experience of a 19th century cavalry soldier behind enemy lines: he must ride an unfamiliar horse, fight with pistol and sword, swim, and run.

There was chaos in China with people hopping on the nearest horse and the poor horse rearing up. I also recall a lot of mud and people falling into it. :D

My second favourite Olympic event is Madison cycling.
    Only one of the team is racing at any time and the replacement rider has to be touched before he can take over. The touch can also be a push, often on the shorts, or one rider hurling the other into the race by a hand-sling

Hee!

Glad I'm not going to Minneapolis now, I won't have to miss anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why do all the North Korean women players have matching haircuts??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Acoshla wrote: »

They have rationed free thought and only one sporty hair cut made the approved list :p

Acoshla wrote: »

Not sure, but it's possibly to do with the regime. It was that way in China under Mao. Men and women had to dress the same and have pretty much the same hair style. Having anything other than something very plain was considered bourgeois.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Albection wrote: »
    This sounds like it needs a Bluewolf answer....

<3

i liked that hair i think but i cant see the shaved part properly
    and the colour is stunning

i think mine is fading again already
    at least the hairdresser lady said my hair is in great condition so really i think i can dye it as often as i like :cool:

i used to have a nose piercing for years, since i was 14 until about 20 or something when i just kept losing the nose studs and stopped bothering
    i always went for little silver or white gold dolphin ones, they were very cute
    it's healed over now though i still have a little dent in my noes

am tired but it's thursday again already and i have monday off and a massage booked so it's all good
    all i have to do is sit down and write write for the competition that closes on tues or at least try to anyway ;s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I got my nose pierced when i was 16 with an earpiercing gun. And again when i was 20 with a needle and it's still open now at 32 even though i haven't worn a nose stud in about 8 years. Same with all the holes in my ears. I wasnt a hipster with all my ear piercings, i was a knackbag with hoopy gold earings with spikes :o

/scarlet for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ella Bella wrote: »
    I got my nose pierced when i was 16 with an earpiercing gun. And again when i was 20 with a needle and it's still open now at 32 even though i haven't worn a nose stud in about 8 years. Same with all the holes in my ears. I wasnt a hipster with all my ear piercings, i was a knackbag with hoopy gold earings with spikes :o

/scarlet for me :P

oh yeah mine was the gun as well in that dodgy place in grafton arcade
    i don't know how my nose didn't rot and fall off, the place is well known... i was young and innocent then :p
    i had a couple extra holes in my ears but got bored with them pretty quick, just have the main ear piercings now that i've had since i was a kid and probably won't ever heal over
    never did hoopy gold ones though :p
    hoopy goldberg ha ha
    (sorry)

Yeah it's not a "look" i'm proud of. Told my Mam to destroy any pics of me from the age of 13-18. Rough as fúck! Did make a small fortune about a year ago selling all my gold :D

My 17 year old niece wants a tattoo on her wrist now and i'm trying my best to talk her out of it. I love tattoos but getting one there at such a young age is a bit silly in my opinion. She's like me tho and will do it no matter what.

maybe you could tell her it's a great idea and see what happens :p
    i'm not into them myself i have to admit

I got my ears pierced first when I was 10, then the next set at 14 and the last set at 18 and still wear earrings in all of them. I tend to just wear the 16 gauge tiny piercing hoops or little studs in the top two and change out the bottom pair every day with something more fun.

I had my upper ear cartilage and my tongue pierced in college but eventually let both of them close up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ive been awake since 8 and i actually got up and studied and wrote loads of notes!

Im very proud of myself! Had to sleep in a Onesie last night it was so cold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

One of my earrings fell out a few days ago and when I was putting it back in for bizarre reason I tried to put it through the 2nd piercing hole on my ear, opened it up again about 7 years after I stopped using it, the other side has closed up properly though. Then I tried to find the third one I used to have, they're totally closed.

Just realised yesterday I'll have to take my bellybutton bar out for my wedding or it'll hurt all day inside the dress, eep, have never gone without it since I got it when I was 16 :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I can't have ear lobe piercings. I have no ear lobes :( I've gotten my ears pierced twice - the first time an earring fell down through my earlobe creating a slit in my ear :D Second time they were crooked so I let them heal over.

Might pierce the top of my ear sometime though. I like that look!

bluewolf wrote: »
    maybe you could tell her it's a great idea and see what happens :p
    i'm not into them myself i have to admit
    Ah i've already told her she's grounded if she gets it so if i agreed with it she'd know i was pulling a fast one :) I think i'll just have to nag my brother till he agrees with me and doesnt sign the consent form :P

I can't have ear lobe piercings. I have no ear lobes :( I've gotten my ears pierced twice - the first time an earring fell down through my earlobe creating a slit in my ear :D Second time they were crooked so I let them heal over.

Might pierce the top of my ear sometime though. I like that look!

i always loved ear cuffs, nice ones at the top of the ear

i actually used to think nose piercings with a chain from the nose to the earring were great :D my grandmother said all the women in bangladesh when they used to live there, always wore them
    lol

hardly wear earrings anymore though they annoy me after a while
    can't wear bracelets much either

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i always loved ear cuffs, nice ones at the top of the ear

i actually used to think nose piercings with a chain from the nose to the earring were great :D my grandmother said all the women in bangladesh when they used to live there, always wore them
    lol

hardly wear earrings anymore though they annoy me after a while
    can't wear bracelets much either

Ha, I had forgotten that look. In high school I had a earring set that had a cuff for your upper ear and for your nose that was connected with a very fine chain to your regular ear piercing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement