Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoes shop

• 21-02-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Nike have bowed to public pressure and are re-releasing the Zoom Elite, this time version 5. Its gotten great reviews and is similar to the Eltie 4. I'm on my last pair of them as I bulk bought when I heard that they were going out of stock. I'm happy enough with my Saucony Kinvaras and Mirages but sometimes I just want to slip into a nice comfy Elite. For IM distance I couldn't imagine anything else.

They are out and available in the UK. I want to buy them in Ireland.

Runways: "Eh no, we don't do Nike. Too much hassle."
    Runworx: Nike not on website. If I wanted to talk to kids I'd ring home.
    Amphian king: Not heard of them but they'd ring me back. They didn't.

Anywhere else or do I just wait for Wiggle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What are they like tunney?
    I wear kinvaras for most training but would use Nike Luanrracers for racing.
    Would you put the Zoom Elites somewhere in between?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

They are have a bigger ramp than the kinvaras. Never tried lunar racers.

A performance trainer, suitable for neutral to mild over pronators. Hard wearing, comforable, a nice shoe (this is the 4, not got the 5 yet)

tunney wrote: »
    They are have a bigger ramp than the kinvaras. Never tried lunar racers.

A performance trainer, suitable for neutral to mild over pronators. Hard wearing, comforable, a nice shoe (this is the 4, not got the 5 yet)

Yeah cool, I'll keep an eye out for these. I just had a look on running warehouse and it looks like they are simialr to the Lunarflys/Lunarglides before Nike made them into support shoes of late.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you can stomach JJB or Elvery's they'd probably be a good bet or a trip to the nike outlet in Killarney.

Edit: there's a nike outlet in Kildare as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I want to buy them in Ireland.

Runways: "Eh no, we don't do Nike. Too much hassle."
    Runworx: Nike not on website. If I wanted to talk to kids I'd ring home.
    Amphian king: Not heard of them but they'd ring me back. They didn't.

Tunney, I'm checking on the availability for you now, which AK did you call? Kevin has Nike in Ballymount so should be no problem getting them for you.

• Advertisement

Tuney, I'm checking on the availability for you now, which AK did you call? Kevin has Nike in Ballymount so should be no problem getting them for you.

Bray.

If they can be gotten in then class. The missus has told me to get 10 pairs as she hates me whinging about new runners "just not being right".

They are available, and I'll gladly take an order for 10 pairs and personally deliver them from Galway to your door. :D

There are two colour styles available which I have attached and availability of sizes seems pretty good unless you are very small or very large footed.

If you can PM me your number I will make sure someone calls you back from Bray with the retail price and organises some shoes for you.

They are available, and I'll gladly take an order for 10 pairs and personally deliver them from Galway to your door. :D

There are two colour styles available which I have attached and availability of sizes seems pretty good unless you are very small or very large footed.

If you can PM me your number I will make sure someone calls you back from Bray with the retail price and organises some shoes for you.

Is it wrong to love the yellow ones???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

or a trip to the nike outlet in Killarney.

It's been years since I last saw a decent running shoe in there.

Admittedly, it's been a long while since I last set foot in there. I've had too many fruitless trips and have given up on that venue.

Is it wrong to love the yellow ones???

Nope, I was just gonna say that they look class :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

They're also available on the nikestore website for €109

http://store.nike.com/de/en_gb/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-102202/pid-448293/pgid-448294

Having been burned by Nike changing models before I am going to start with one pair and if they are like the Elite 4 then get loads.

Number on its way to you.

Looks like Amphian King is my running shoe shop of choice again.

Should have a pair early next week.

Happy days!

Looks like Amphian King is my running shoe shop of choice again.

Should have a pair early next week.

Happy days!

Let us know how you get on with them. I'll be interested in getting a pir of those yellow ones in the future. Looks like a perfect mileage shoe for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 finneran2000

hey how do the elite compare to pegasus +27 or +28 ???:D

hey how do the elite compare to pegasus +27 or +28 ???:D

The pegasus is marginally firmer with a higher ramp. I thought that the pegasus was marginally heavier.

Will now be picking up a pair on Saturday!

Happy days. Just need to convince the wife that we need to go to Bray on Saturday..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Happy days. Just need to convince the wife that we need to go to Bray on Saturday..........

Give her a tenner for the slots, job done :D

Give her a tenner for the slots, job done :D

Cheers Tunney ,
    Also have a question as silly as it my seem it's genuine I hoping to start with a few 5k runs in the near future and I'm curious to find out is there a dress code eg do I have to were running shorts and sleeveless top? Or could I wear football shorts and a football jersey as this is all the sporting gear I own ? Thanks Lads/lassie's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

If you look at photos of races for example you'll see there's people there in all sorts of clothes. You won't be the first one to show up in football gear, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

Cheers Tunney ,
    Also have a question as silly as it my seem it's genuine I hoping to start with a few 5k runs in the near future and I'm curious to find out is there a dress code eg do I have to were running shorts and sleeveless top? Or could I wear football shorts and a football jersey as this is all the sporting gear I own ? Thanks Lads/lassie's

There are some rules:

1) its never acceptable to run a running race in a tri suit

Well just one really then.

Football gear is fine. However in my experience of running in football gear. The socks are perhaps too thick and big, especially if they get wet. Some Pennies 4 for a fiver sports socks are ideal - what I run in. Also I always tended to chaff like a mofo in football shorts, so perhaps apply some Vaseline to the thighs. One piece of kit i would invest in is a load of black plastic bags. Take one cut a hole in the bottom, two in the sides and you have a disposable top to stay warm(ish) and dry at the start of a race.

Other than that wear what you like and enjoy.

RayCun wrote: »
    If you look at photos of races for example you'll see there's people there in all sorts of clothes. You won't be the first one to show up in football gear, that's for sure.

Cheers for the pics iv decided to go with ankle socks, running shorts, Baselayer top and loose fitting football jersey :-)

Cheers Tunney ,

There are some rules:

Well just one really then.

Football gear is fine. However in my experience of running in football gear. The socks are perhaps too thick and big, especially if they get wet. Some Pennies 4 for a fiver sports socks are ideal - what I run in. Also I always tended to chaff like a mofo in football shorts, so perhaps apply some Vaseline to the thighs. One piece of kit i would invest in is a load of black plastic bags. Take one cut a hole in the bottom, two in the sides and you have a disposable top to stay warm(ish) and dry at the start of a race.

Other than that wear what you like and enjoy.

Cheers for your help much appreciated, could u advise me were to buy a proper pair of running shorts to avoid or lessen chafing ?? Also which brand is best in your opinion

There are some rules:

Unless you cycle over and use the road race as a brick session. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Cheers Tunney ,

You can wear whatever you want - baggy trackie bottoms if that's your thing - as you progress or start doing a bit more running you'll find that the proper running gear is more comfortable (lighter, wicking fabrics etc). Doesn't have to be short shorts and a singlet though, plenty of respectable shorts and t-shirts available that do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Cheers for the pics iv decided to go with ankle socks, running shorts, Baselayer top and loose fitting football jersey :-)

You'll be way too hot! Just wear the jersey! No need for baselayer. Although I tend to get cold *after* races so I need to throw on a top quick smart after a race. Bring the baselayer for afterwards.

Agreed with the family yesterday if it was raining that only I would go to Bray to Amphibian King in the evening, but if it was nice we would all go in the morning and go to the seaside as well. 25 month old heard this and spent the evening, night and this morning going nuts about "swimming in the sea and ice creams".

Arrived in AK with two kids and the wife. By this stage the wife, who used to run 5ks, 5milers, 10 milers and halfs for fun (i.e. not competitive but still serious enough), had decided that if the kids let her that she would also try to get some runners.

Anyways arrived, said hello to Damian and about this stage I realised "Tunney you're a d1ck, rather than posting on boards that someone didn't ring back you should have rang asked for Damian and he'd have sorted it." 9.5s and 10s in both colours of Nike Zoom Elite 5s there waiting.
    Before I got to try them on the toddler noticed a big box of toys in the corner and settled in to play. Family friendly, meant nothing to me a few years back. Means a hell of alot now,

Tried on the Elites on and they felt just like I hoped that they would. Sized fractionally larger than the Elite 4 but not enough to warrant a change in size. Watched myself running in them on the track on video and discussed the other runners I've been trying out. Happy out I said that if after a few hundred km that I still thought they were like the Elite 4 I would be back to stockpile them.

At this stage the toddler also wanted shoes. Very pleasant obliging staff brought out the smallest shoes they had (kids sizes) and she was happy out with them and the toys so that meant Mommy got to try 4-5 types of shoes. She settled on a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12s and these combined with the copy of "Run fat b1tch run" that she got yesterday mean she is firmly committed to getting back running. (On the book I laughed and slagged it and then read some of it, actually very good, harsh but fair and I am taking alot away from it.)

Anyways Elite 5s sitting in the corner of the room waiting for me to take them out tonight and I cannot wait. If they work out then I am back having a runner that I will be happy doing stupid mileage in again.

I used to shop in AK but changed for geographical reasons to a northside Dublin shop. After this week I am back being a loyal AK customer.

Many thanks to Amphian King West and Amphibian King Bray for sorting me out and ignoring the fact that I am a pr1ck and should have just rang them back:)

Did you get the flashy yellow ones or the boring grey/blue ones?

Which look better in the flesh?

Nice trip report BTW.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Did you get the flashy yellow ones or the boring grey/blue ones?

Which look better in the flesh?

Nice trip report BTW.

Of the the little people saw my new runners this morning.

"WOW WEE SHOES DADA".

Got the yellow ones. That being said the grey/blue were very nice in real life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement