Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bands

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am a film student, in Dublin. I am connected to Windmill lane recording studio. Along with the rest of my class we will be filming, a few music video's.
    We are looking for song's to be considered.

We will provide the equipment, but there may be some cost to the band if some spectrality equipment is required, but it will be cheaper than if you try to get one done your self.

We will contact the band(/'s) later.

If you are interested in being part of this, please submit your song.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Isn't this basically the same thing as you had listed here which was closed due to it being commercial advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Malice wrote: »
    Isn't this basically the same thing as you had listed here which was closed due to it being commercial advertising?

That's a bit harsh, it's not like the OP is giving a hard sell. I'm sure bands would be interested in getting a video for nothing/next to nothing.

A film student looking for guinea pigs for a project is hardly "Commercial Advertising" tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Savman wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, it's not like the OP is giving a hard sell. I'm sure bands would be interested in getting a video for nothing/next to nothing.

A film student looking for guinea pigs for a project is hardly "Commercial Advertising" tbh.
    What exactly is harsh about seeking clarification? If I wanted to be harsh I'd have deleted the thread straight away. This way I'm giving the thread starter an opportunity to explain in more detail what they are offering. As was pointed out in the other thread, it would be great to know details like their experience and exactly what happens to the videos once they're shot.

We can't have any commercial advertising. That's not from us mods, but those up top. The compromise is the resources thread. As he used the term
    there may be some cost to the band if some spectrality equipment is required, but it will be cheaper than if you try to get one done your self.

Unfortunately unless it's free, you can't start a thread on it. Our instructions have been pretty clear.

I'm also not happy that
    A: he was warned not to do this after his last thread was shut. But just started another thread anyway
    B: Registered to use the community that we have built up instead of actually joining in discussions and building up a rapport, ie: not replying to people/providing examples when asked in the previous thread.
    C: Not got in contact with either mod to discuss how he can go about looking for bands.

Edit:/ I was going to ban them for 3 days and lock this thread, but as there seems to be some fear of the mods being overly harsh, I'll leave it open for the OP to reply. If he doesn't reply, then I'll issue a ban and lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EASC

the thing will be free, but if you want to do something spectral and we don't have the equipment, well cost's might occur.
    but the project will be free.
    At the end you get a music video and we get the experience.

WIN WIN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

EASC wrote: »
    the thing will be free, but if you want to do something spectral and we don't have the equipment, well cost's might occur.

WIN WIN!!!

Something Spectral? Please clarify your use if that word in this context. Perhaps it's a film term I don't get?

Definition of spectral (adjective)
    resembling or characteristic of a phantom; ghostly; phantasmal; spiritual

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

EASC wrote: »

WIN WIN!!!

Something Spectral? Please clarify your use if that word in this context. Perhaps it's a film term I don't get?

Definition of spectral (adjective)
    resembling or characteristic of a phantom; ghostly; phantasmal; spiritual

If it is a free student project, my band might be interested, as we won't be involving any spectres, dead or otherwise. ;) Here's a link to us: http://niceolbluecoppersoul.bandcamp.com/

Thanks.

Advertisement