Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Burgled: Macbook pro stolen

• 21-10-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey folks,

My house was burgled recently and amongst this Canon 7D, a Macbook Pro was also stolen. If you guys see any suspicious looking ones for sale could you drop me a PM ?

Specs are as follows:

13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM

Thanks folks,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Will definitely keep an eye out on all the usual places for it, sorry to hear that OP, horrible thing to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

buy and steal, otherwise known as buy and sell
    donedeal
    adverts.ie
    And others

Will be watching out OP, you do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

had you installed lion/signed up for iCloud, as 'find my mac' is built into it and makes it very day to locate laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Any chance you know the IMIE? Would be on the packaging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hey folks,

My house was burgled recently and amongst this Canon 7D, a Macbook Pro was also stolen. If you guys see any suspicious looking ones for sale could you drop me a PM ?

Specs are as follows:

13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
    4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
    250GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM

Thanks folks,

Matt

B@stards.:mad: There has been a raft of burglaries here in Waterford lately. Straight through front doors. Crowbar. *****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

banquo wrote: »
    Any chance you know the IMIE? Would be on the packaging.

IMEI for a MacBook Pro?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mattfinucane

DotOrg wrote: »
    had you installed lion/signed up for iCloud, as 'find my mac' is built into it and makes it very day to locate laptops?

It had snow leopard on it and none of the tracking software. I wonder could we track it if we got apple to provide the serial number, machine number and mac address?

Must call them and look into that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It had snow leopard on it and none of the tracking software. I wonder could we track it if we got apple to provide the serial number, machine number and mac address?

Must call them and look into that.

No, they can't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's too late for the OP, but anyone with 10.7.2 installed should make sure they have Find My Mac enabled in iCloud settings. It's usefulness is limited but handy to have all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement