Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car reg search

• 21-09-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey peoples,

Just wondering is there a site that you can input car details into such as car type etc and a partial reg? Almost had a tip with a guy who cut the corner at a junction and after beeping at him he reversed back and shouted abuse at me saying "f**k you I bet you'd cut it too. You're no angel I bet" and "You went for me. You saw me cutting it and you went for me you c**t". I have a dashcam so I have partial reg and make of car but that's all :( Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You'd have to have the exact reg but the likes of cartell.ie can verify a make/model by reg. you could report it to the garda traffic crowd too if you feel strongly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The likes of Cartell.ie or Motorcheck.ie will let you put in a reg, if you say have the first 3 digits and it's 05D123, you can then add the next 10 until it matches the car. Realistically unless you are just missing a digit your not going to find it.

If you do get the reg and find out the car what will you do? Your probably better just going to the Gardaí if you feel he has broken any laws which based on your description he has not.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

The likes of Cartell.ie or Motorcheck.ie will let you put in a reg, if you say have the first 3 digits and it's 05D123, you can then add the next 10 until it matches the car. Realistically unless you are just missing a digit your not going to find it.

If you do get the reg and find out the car what will you do? Your probably better just going to the Gardaí if you feel he has broken any laws which based on your description he has not.

I was half thinking of reporting it to be honest. I would have thought there would be some kind of infringement for cutting a junction. It was fairly careless to say the least. Any cyclist would have been wiped out. I may try put the video up at some point if I can. Like I know its not major and it happens everywhere but it's the fact he came back and shouted abuse at me that I'm angry about... he was at fault. And if I'd wanted to go for him I wouldn't have hit the brakes so heavily so his call for that is unjust.

I might not bother looking for the reg after that info though. Seems impossible as I only have the year and county. Thanks for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You must be very busy if I had to report every stupid driver I came across I would have no time for anything else. Forget it and move on as nothing will happen if you pursue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Instead of reporting - which will probably lead to nowhere, just post the video here.
    At least we will have some laugh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You must be very busy if I had to report every stupid driver I came across I would have no time for anything else. Forget it and move on as nothing will happen if you pursue it.

I wouldn't bother normally. I see eejits every day of the week. It's just that he got so aggressive over it that he felt he had to come back and roar abuse at me for beeping at him for doing something wrong. I kept talking calmly to him, which my girlfriend even said fair play because usually if someone gets under my skin I end up losing the rag and hurl abuse back at them but when I'm driving I prefer not to get thick at something as it's obviously going to affect your driving in some way, be it concentration or maybe you'll just drive more aggressively or something. Depends on the person. But I know myself I don't want to be angry driving over a ton of metal down the road.

Also the video isn't anything special as there's no sound on the cam. Pretty much just a guy cutting a couple of metres off a junction and then no movement for a while as we were having a light hearted conversation :) I can see most boardsies here nattering on about how much of their time was wasted watching it...

Advertisement