Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foo Fighters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I assume Slash will be on the Sonic Highways album in some form seeing as he appeared in the trailer for the documentary.

Foo Fighter w/Zac Brown covered Black Sabbath's War Pigs on the Late Show With David Letterman last night, have to admit it's a good cover of one of my favorite Black Sabbath songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Horrible. The Foo's are too upbeat and bouncy to pull off a decent Sabbath cover. No sense of menace of foreboding to that version at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They're on Letterman all week apparently so we should get another 4 songs before the week's out. Hopefully something off the new album.

Edit - just saw on their twitter feed that they'll be playing a new song on Thursday so it looks like covers tonight and tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foo Fighters
    The rumors are true…this Thursday you’ll hear the first song on our new album.

Sonic Highways has been pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not bad but not out of this world. Might be a grower though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Really like that song after 2 listens. Like the way it changes about half way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Can hear some likeness to Dio's "Holy Diver" thrown in there :eek:; might grow but certainly doesn't grab me as much as "Rope" which was first release from last record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I quite like that, and I don't really like much of their later stuff.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I like it. Nothing groundbreaking, but I'd expect that. Still good listening!

Can hear some likeness to Dio's "Holy Diver" thrown in there :eek:; might grow but certainly doesn't grab me as much as "Rope" which was first release from last record.

I thought i as the only one who was hearing the likeness of Holy Diver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Big time "Holy Diver" riff rob ... song's OK. More steady output from the Foo's. I find them dependable but never earth shattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RayCon wrote: »
    Big time "Holy Diver" riff rob ... song's OK. More steady output from the Foo's. I find them dependable but never earth shattering.

Definitely, I couldn't believe it when I heard it :pac: dependable riff though I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv and have them live on numerous occasions ..

But the last 2 or 3 albums havent really been all that great (i hated espg save for about 4 songs) and yes this new song sounds like a cover in parts

Hope this album is a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv and have them live on numerous occasions ..

But the last 2 or 3 albums havent really been all that great (i hated espg save for about 4 songs) and yes this new song sounds like a cover in parts

Hope this album is a good one

For me OBYO, IYH and ESPG really made me care less about the band. WL was prob the best album since TINLTL. The first song off this new one has me thinking it's gonna be IYH again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I am disappoint :(

Totally didn't grab my attention at all. And I actually find it quite annoying at parts.

Was just thinking 'Holy Diver,' glad to see other people picked up on it too!!

For shame lads, for shame.

I used to be a monster ff fan since i saw that brixton 95 show on the old mtv

Oh, yes. Have that somewhere on vhs as well. Still think that first album is the high water mark for DG as a song writer. A very dark and mournful effort - it stands in total contrast to the more radio-friendly, arena rock that came afterward.

I distinctly remember hearing 'Learn to Fly' for the first time on mtv and thinking that was enough for me.

Foo Fighters
    SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!!
    Foo Fighters @ Wrigley Field
    Chicago, IL
    Saturday - August 29, 2015
    Info: cubs.com/foo
    Pre-sales start this Friday, Oct. 24 – 10 am CT
    On Sale to the Public Monday, Oct. 27 – 10 am CT

10698609_10154718751885545_2740824130826902050_n.jpg?oh=787c45c846bc7d8cfc487a940151064d&oe=54B84C7C&__gda__=1424742787_07a4e7e75c10322610814f73783dbfc5

Something For Nothing live on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Something From Nothing video.

^^^ I'm pretty sure that's Steve Albini's (Dude who recorded Nirvana's In Utero) studio in Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

I'm loving it sounds great can't wait for the show now and the album , there playing a club show in Washington dc tonight $20 in , I mailed a friend living there , they are now pissed I told them about cause they have work tonight and would not have heard about it for but she's alright she already met dave and Chris while drinking in dc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

^^^ I'm pretty sure that's Steve Albini's (Dude who recorded Nirvana's In Utero) studio in Chicago.

It is indeed, watch the first ep of sonic highways, I really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sonic Highways is showing on BBC4 starting this coming Sunday with the first two episodes:

Not a purely Rock documentary, it also has contributions from rappers, Dolly Parton and President Obama ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

2nd song from Sonic Highways

Advertisement