Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foo Fighters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Okay so big news expected Monday , tour info possibly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I read somewhere that the gig is from 5pm to 10pm which prob means a short set indeed unless there are more then one stage

Good news the bbc will be showing the games along with the opening and closing ceremony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Better be announcing a tour Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

It will be a release date for the album and the HBO series start date/info. If there are tour dates as well they'll most likely be US ones.

• Advertisement

Foo Fighters

Sonic Highways. Out Worldwide Nov. 10th
    http://www.foofighters.com/

10423979_10154448760760545_7175788962927586694_n.jpg?oh=6e3438a238d84a881aaa5cba1ece76a3&oe=54699528&__gda__=1416186967_3cecdc1d480ece8d23ad7322744f7a44

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Plenty of 8's within that cover art they really want people to know it's their 8th album.

One for each section used in the 9 different covers used by the vinyl version:
    http://sonichighways.foofighters.com/collections/frontpage/products/vinyl

Also eight songs, eight episodes and eight studios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Trailer for the TV series looks promising. As it's HBO, I presume it'll be on Sky Atlantic over here (which I don't have!).

Would love if we get it although if we have to wait to long for it ill just stream the episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Would love if we get it although if we have to wait to long for it ill just stream the episodes

Just download it, Unless Netflix do something cool like they did with the last season of breaking bad, but i don't see that happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/bob-mould-foo-fighters-taylor-hawkins-jimmy-kimmel-20140828

Dunno if anyone mentioned this but ..would be interested to see...

Foo Fighters
    Michael and Freddy think it would be a shame to just do one show while we're in the UK...

BwzF6AnIEAAlgOF.jpg

Irish Halo wrote: »
    now the inevitable Dingwalls' show? ;)
    Called it (OK not confirmed its Dingwalls but there will be UK club shows this week).

Foo Fighters
    The Holy ****s @Concorde_2 Brighton. Wed. 10 Sept. 2 tix limit.
    Doors open 6:30
    Tix: http://bit.ly/thsbrighton

BxGYfRMCQAMNs6R.jpg

Foo Fighters play Brighton as The Holy ****s
    It was a great gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw on Download forums, hope its not fake, but a Foos/QotSA Wembley Stadium gig being done next year...I hope its not a bs rumour/fake!

I love Foo Fighters, but they are just Tom Petty tribute band apparrantly :)

Watching Kaiser Chiefs being interviewed and they said they are going to South Africa with the Foo's in a few months so can see dates coming soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Poster floating around the net, Wembley dates supposedly June 19th and 20th!

• Advertisement

Poster floating around the net, Wembley dates supposedly June 19th and 20th!

honestly I hope not cause the last time they played Wembley they did not play ireland ,thankfully my girlfriend brought me to London for the 1st night it was mental

I was at the 2nd Wembley Stadium show and it was easily the worst Foos show I have ever been to, combined with IYH and ESP&G they were starting to look less and less relevant as a rock band (Wasting Light changed that thankfully).

p.s. The Islington Show was pretty good on Friday night :D

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I was at the 2nd Wembley Stadium show and it was easily the worst Foos show I have ever been to, combined with IYH and ESP&G they were starting to look less and less relevant as a rock band (Wasting Light changed that thankfully).

p.s. The Islington Show was pretty good on Friday night :D

the biggest problem I had with Wembley besides the disaster of a tube service was the crap English crowd they had no atmosphere thankfully I was with herself on a mad weekend flew in that morning straight to Foos went mental near the front back to the hotel up at 5 to head to the airport back to dublin took herself to see her favourite band bon Jovi in punchestown just a crazy weekend

colmufc wrote: »
    honestly I hope not cause the last time they played Wembley they did not play ireland ,thankfully my girlfriend brought me to London for the 1st night it was mental

We will def get a irish show this time

Foo Fighters have announced plans to tour south America in January, 2015.

The band will perform in Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Chile across six dates according to Consequence of Sound. Starting in the Chilean city of Santiago on January 15, Dave Grohl and his band will then head to Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo and Rio De Janeiro before ending the jaunt in Bogota on January 31.

These tour dates represent Foo Fighters first confirmed dates of 2015. The band recently visited Great Britain for a trip that included a performance at Wembley Stadium as well as three tiny club dates.

Foo Fighters played the three intimate UK shows under the name The Holy ****s, as well as appearing at the closing of the Invictus Games in London.

New album 'Sonic Highways' will be released on November 10 and is the band's eighth studio effort. The vinyl release of 'Sonic Highways' will come with an assortment of nine different covers including eight themed around one of the cities in which the album was recorded: Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle and Washington, DC
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/79888?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=foos#85Tb0ZDOFSHruhPk.99

Just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park . Also BBC will be showing Sonic Highway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park . Also BBC will be showing Sonic Highway

When does it air??, Will have to series link it on Sky+

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    When does it air??, Will have to series link it on Sky+

no let sure on dates but it's on bbc 4 ,but here is the stupid thing the first 3 run on tv the next 3 on the bbc I player and the final 2 will be on both , I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

no let sure on dates but it's on bbc 4 ,but here is the stupid thing the first 3 run on tv the next 3 on the bbc I player and the final 2 will be on both , I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

Yea i dont get the way they are showing some on BBC4 then the rest on the player . Suppose may try and stream the other episodes so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hope they change that as the I player is geo blocked

Plenty of easy ways around that.

Advertisement