Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sound quality is ****ing awesome. The crowd is mixed so well. Sounds absolutely epic. What a great day out that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

D.Q wrote: »
    Sound quality is ****ing awesome. The crowd is mixed so well. Sounds absolutely epic. What a great day out that was.

Me thinks an owl copy of this might be nice

There are ways out there just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Get the boat.

Ah come on now they were just going through the motions there was nothing exciting about the performance, some of the songs sounded awful too case in point kirks vocals on frantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

God I love Metallica, my ex introduced me at the age of 16. Never forgot the influence. Favorite songs, Turn the page, nothing else matters, one, Mama said, the unforgiven, until it sleeps.

I dunno but I’m very inclined to be very eclectic in my taste.
    Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

God I love Metallica, my ex introduced me at the age of 16. Never forgot the influence. Favorite songs, Turn the page, nothing else matters, one, Mama said, the unforgiven, until it sleeps.

I dunno but I’m very inclined to be very eclectic in my taste.
    Any other recommendations?

Have you listened to "justice" ?!? :eek: :p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ah come on now they were just going through the motions there was nothing exciting about the performance, some of the songs sounded awful too case in point kirks vocals on frantic.

I 100% agree with this - I left horribly disappointed, I put it down to the fact that I have seen them too many times now - Metallica fatigue maybe, but for me slane was by far the worst I have seen them.

Having said that - people enjoyed it and I assume I am in the minority with my opinion to each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Kirk can't sing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Kirk can't sing

shur we all know that, hes fcuking brutal, hes not too bad with a guitar though

Kirk can't sing
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    shur we all know that, hes fcuking brutal, hes not too bad with a guitar though

and hes a better drummer than Lars ……

*couldn't resist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I 100% agree with this - I left horribly disappointed, I put it down to the fact that I have seen them too many times now - Metallica fatigue maybe, but for me slane was by far the worst I have seen them.

Having said that - people enjoyed it and I assume I am in the minority with my opinion to each to their own!

Haha that's mad. Goes to show. I thought it was up there with the best I've seen them. I saw them in London in 16, indoors was great but the size and the spectacle of this really elevated the whole experience for me this time around.

Camped up there too so the whole day was great. Could hear them soundchecking in the morning, proper buzz and anticipation all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

if not the right place please delete,Is there any way of downloading this video as I'd like a copy of it before it dissapears.

psychozeb wrote: »
    if not the right place please delete,Is there any way of downloading this video as I'd like a copy of it before it dissapears.

im using a youtube downloader program called 'free youtube downloader', its not great and slow, but it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Thanks for the help

psychozeb wrote: »

Clipgrab is another great resource for this and quick too

https://clipgrab.en.softonic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Haha that's mad. Goes to show. I thought it was up there with the best I've seen them. I saw them in London in 16, indoors was great but the size and the spectacle of this really elevated the whole experience for me this time around.

Exact same seen them a bunch including the first show of those London gigs, Autumn 17 no?

4 times in total for me

2008/2009 in Marley Park still young and very raw with gig going. Overwhelmed by the big crowds but enjoyed it esp 2009 with the great support line up (2008 with Tenacious D was ok). Hard to believe they didn't play here for another 10 years after that

2017 at the Hydro Glasgow first time seeing them indoors and ****ing loved it. It's a pity the 3arena is bold the way it is and its not possible for that show here

2019 in slane despite the weather been very much a mixed bag and the horror stories of the venue I really enjoyed it and look back at it been ever better with the full concert been aired on Monday night

Hard to know what the future touring they will do but hoping they will be back to there best

PTH2009 wrote: »
    4 times in total for me

2008/2009 in Marley Park still young and very raw with gig going. Overwhelmed by the big crowds but enjoyed it esp 2009 with the great support line up (2008 with Tenacious D was ok). Hard to believe they didn't play here for another 10 years after that

2017 at the Hydro Glasgow first time seeing them indoors and ****ing loved it. It's a pity the 3arena is bold the way it is and its not possible for that show here

2019 in slane despite the weather been very much a mixed bag and the horror stories of the venue I really enjoyed it and look back at it been ever better with the full concert been aired on Monday night

Hard to know what the future touring they will do but hoping they will be back to there best

south america just announced for December, so at least they ll be doing something, intense tours of the past are long gone though

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Clipgrab is another great resource for this and quick too

https://clipgrab.en.softonic.com/

Does that work for this video?
    I've downloaded a few others no problem, but this one is stuck on 99% for ages.

Second time trying now, gets up to 99% quick enough but then just hangs there :confused:

Second time trying now, gets up to 99% quick enough but then just hangs there :confused:

mine downloaded perfect and has great quality

My god that was a solid show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Set the quality to 720p before trying to download.

Actually, the 1080p is there too. Mouse over the download, and you'll see how much has actually been downloaded. Ignore the progress slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

feylya wrote: »
    Set the quality to 720p before trying to download.

Actually, the 1080p is there too. Mouse over the download, and you'll see how much has actually been downloaded. Ignore the progress slider.

Thanks for that, I had given up on it. Downloaded now to relive that day again!

the full show is still on you tube.

A quick search and you will find it.

I wish they would edit out the Wild rover though …….
    Sounds worse every time you listen to it ……….. wtf

greenspurs wrote: »
    the full show is still on you tube.

A quick search and you will find it.

I wish they would edit out the Wild rover though …….
    Sounds worse every time you listen to it ……….. wtf

Why does he put on a pirates voice while he's singing it?

feylya wrote: »
    Why does he put on a pirates voice while he's singing it?

Because he couldn't manage an "Oirish" one ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

4 times in total for me

Love the band but that ship sailed a LONG time ago. Seen them about 30 odd times now and the best i've seen them was either on the Justice tour or the rear end of the black tour. They'll never get back to that.

The thing is the 'newer' fans, and this is no disrespect to them, that started watching the band from say, 2000, don't really have a benchmark, sure, the gigs are awesome but not a fcukin patch on the decade before

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"Very good chance" according to Lars that they'll make a new album while in quarantine.

https://loudwire.com/metallica-investigating-how-technology-could-make-quarantine-album-possible/

Seemingly S&M2 will be out in August (Lars mentioned at the start of last night's stream)

Beyond how great it is to see Hetfield singing and playing again, I love that they're playing around with things like this. I imagine this will be played at the All Within My Hands gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That sounds great.

Advertisement