Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm just hoping Rafa has the wit to start Torres and Alonso esp with Fellaini out, most of Evertons punch comes through him recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping Rafa has the wit to start Torres and Alonso esp with Fellaini out, most of Evertons punch comes through him recently.
    I think I posted this on the Liverpool thread but anyway, I wouldn't be surprised that if Alonso starts, he gets clattered on his newly-healed foot. Now that I think about it, hasn't he been the recipient of at least 3 nasty challenges this season that resulted in red cards? Vidic, someone from Wigan and someone from Man City.

I'm taking the ultimate step to see Pool win this - I'm betting on Everton/draw :pac: desperate times...

I'm taking the ultimate step to see Pool win this - I'm betting on Everton/draw :pac: desperate times...
    Well, that didn't work :mad:. Can you bet on an Everton win for this weekend's game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

malice_ wrote: »
    Well, that didn't work :mad:. Can you bet on an Everton win for this weekend's game?

Didn't work right enough..........but the winnings will soften the blow!

Thought Everton defended pretty well, but Jaysus, Liverpool had their chances to put them away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

So what chance have Derby tonight? I am fearing thew worst for my beloved rams.I Must remain optimistic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Awh... come on.. soccer? Really? Aww :(:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Awh... come on.. soccer? Really? Aww :(:p

Yeah, well if you're not into soccer, how about them there movies?

I'm rather looking forward to this:

Looks interesting, Karl.

I'm also looking forward to Tarantino's new movie, a remake of Inglorious Basterds. With Brad Pitt for the girlies, so I should be able to get Mrs Big B to accompany me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

As regards the music question, Im spending feck all on music as Im not having any luck whatsoever on the job front. As a result my constant gig going and religiously heading out on Saturday nights has somewhat ended and I dont feel sad for it! Im 27 now and want to move on a little...

On our World Cup prospects..we'll qualify because we're in a recession! We always qualify for something when we havent an árse in our trousers. :P

• Advertisement

Yeah, well if you're not into soccer, how about them there movies?

I'm rather looking forward to this:

Feck! That looks good, an artificial heart? yikes! :eek:

Goddamn Spuds :mad:

Goddamn Spuds :mad:

Burn the dinner, Mike? :eek:

:D

I'd burn 'arry Redknapp for fluking that win last night! (spuds=spurs)

Ahhhhh.:o

Saw the last 20 minutes or so, pretty manic ending, eh?

Gotta feel for Burnley, that was a very rough way to go out.

Tom Waits.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Tom Waits.

That is all.
    The Ice Cream Man :pac:

Hasn't he been seen in Neachtain's a few times in Galway over the years, or did I imagine it? :o

Ooooh reading Beowulf at the moment (again!).. love it!!

/nerd :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I need a bit of help. A friend was asking whether I knew a song based on a description of a video. The facts are as follows;

Early to mid 90's
    4 piece (he thinks)
    Blonde female singer
    Black and white vid
    set in a warehouse
    pigeon/dove at a the window

Sorry for the shyt description but this is killing me? All help appreciated

Nope, sounds a bit "arty" though (always beware vids with a dove at the window).

In other news, are Citeh going to make a bid for Robbie Keane? :eek: (please!)

• Advertisement

So mike65, have you put money on Everton to win this afternoon?

I'll bet 10c on Everton maybe it'll work this time (just hope there is no draw).

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Hasn't he been seen in Neachtain's a few times in Galway over the years, or did I imagine it? :o

Hmm, can't say I've ran into him there, but it's possible.

Grilled mature cheddar on batch loaf, with a sprinkle of black pepper.

The Led Zep 4 of snacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

big b wrote: »
    Grilled mature cheddar on batch loaf, with a sprinkle of black pepper.

The Led Zep 4 of snacks :D

That's not bad. A personal favourite of mine: Sweet chille sauce spread on a slice of batch, get some chicken over that and then tons of cheddar cheese, top it off with some pepper and grill the life out of it. Feckin' yum

bigbadcon wrote: »

I saw that earlier, it's quite just one of the most simple, yet absolutely genius things I've seen. Flat out broke my noise hole laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Since the dawn of time it was written in the stones that if you like Rock then you must also have a go at playing some instrument, I myself play Guitar and Bass and I am currently in a band. A quick glance at the instruments fora and you will see that the same names posting here are posting over there. it almost seems inherent that if you like rock you can at least pick out smoke on the water, albeit badly.

Or is it? I'd love to know are the Rock fans (metal fans in particular) that have absolutely no interest in playing whatsoever and couldn't give a stuff about beginning to try. Knowing a chord or two rules you out.

Fried egg sandwich for me by the way Big B!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Jaysus, this is random- a discussion about soccer on the rock&metal forum!

:pac:

Anyhoo, to answer the above post, I play bass but I'm terrible at it...well, out of practice, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

This thread makes me hungry but also makes me want to listen to Queen. An interesting connundrum.

Advertisement