Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Heres a real unpopular opinion - I think smoking is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im a man and i HATE football with a passion, could think of nothing worse than sitting in a pub watching a football match with all the hollering and banter. Dont see the sense in it, dont find it interesting and endless chat of the subject bores me to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

omahaid wrote: »
    Heres a real unpopular opinion - I think smoking is pretty cool

I don't think it holds the glamour it once did now that the effects are widely known. I would agree that the sensation of smoking is one of the most pleasurable experiences out there, once you've become addicted. Marlboro Reds taste like sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Im a man and i HATE football with a passion, could think of nothing worse than sitting in a pub watching a football match with all the hollering and banter. Dont see the sense in it, dont find it interesting and endless chat of the subject bores me to tears.

Mindless lemmings supporting football teams from cities in England they've never even been in. Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

MJ23 wrote: »
    Mindless lemmings supporting football teams from cities in England they've never even been in. Idiots

Herd mentality very strong.
    Amazes me how people can get so excited about a guy putting a ball in the net so much so that they get thick when they lose.
    Their team winning doesn't benefit them in any way!
    On Monday no one gives a rats ass

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"sweatshops" are a good thing and the developing world is far better off because of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

And to top that off most of them would lick the **** off their favourite players boots after a match.

^ Glad to see Im not the only male who doesnt like football. Where I work there is a perception that if you are male and in your late 20s you MUST spend every Saturday afternoon in a pub watching a soccer match and getting drunk, anything else is just "weird". Im sure other 20-somethings have different hobbies besides drink and football...anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Im sure other 20-somethings have different hobbies besides drink and football...anyone??
    I'd much rather go to a movie and then have a coffee somewhere tbh.

I don't drink which makes sitting in pubs listening to drunks pretty damn insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I like going to the pub for big matches. I wouldn't be a die hard supporter of anything but once in a while it can be good craic.
    More than anything, I like the big crowd so you can have a laugh and a few pints.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    I like going to the pub for big matches. I wouldn't be a die hard supporter of anything but once in a while it can be good craic.
    More than anything, I like the big crowd so you can have a laugh and a few pints.

Well fair play to you, each to their own but its the last thing I would do, cant stand the crowds, dont enjoy football at all and also, drunk talk makes me cringe, prefer a bit of intelligent conversation ;)

MJ23 wrote: »
    I don't care about that, it's the die hard fans I don't like.

I know one lad who is mad after Man U. He'd be biting his nails all the way through, cursing and damning the ref and their fuck ups. And god forbid if they lose because there's no talking to him and he'd be off in huff and a foul mood.

All the better for ripping the piss out of him for it I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I don't care about that, it's the die hard fans I don't like.

I know one lad who is mad after Man U. He'd be biting his nails all the way through, cursing and damning the ref and their fuck ups. And god forbid if they lose because there's no talking to him and he'd be off in huff and a foul mood.

All the better for ripping the piss out of him for it I suppose!

i hate the die hard crap also.
    I follow the soccer, i support man u and ive been to look at games at old trafford. i occasionally go have a few drinks while watching the match and i like to see them win but if they dont its not the end of the world. i dont care that much.
    I never understand why people get so into it, but each to their own, people have different pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I like flat coke

Is there anything to be said for saying another Mass flat 7-Up?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Real Life wrote: »
    i hate the die hard crap also.
    I follow the soccer, i support man u and ive been to look at games at old trafford. i occasionally go have a few drinks while watching the match and i like to see them win but if they dont its not the end of the world. i dont care that much.
    I never understand why people get so into it, but each to their own, people have different pleasures.

I was going out with a guy years back who was a die hard man u fan. We were away for a weekend and got talking to a couple. We were having a good night until your man let it out that he was a man city supporter. Ex lost the plot because of it. Big eejit... finished soon after that... school yard carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

jessiejam wrote: »
    I was going out with a guy years back who was a die hard man u fan. We were away for a weekend and got talking to a couple. We were having a good night until your man let it out that he was a man city supporter. Ex lost the plot because of it. Big eejit... finished soon after that... school yard carry on.

yea thats pretty rediculous. i have a friend thats big into liverpool, if man utd beat them he almost gets angry with me like its my fault. I think it annoys him more that i dont really care that much like if liverpool won he cant really rub it in cos i dont care that much, its just a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Real Life wrote: »
    yea thats pretty rediculous. i have a friend thats big into liverpool, if man utd beat them he almost gets angry with me like its my fault. I think it annoys him more that i dont really care that much like if liverpool won he cant really rub it in cos i dont care that much, its just a game.

I have one or two friends like that. Really stupid people in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dirty Dancing is the biggest pile of mushy, sappy, drivel.
    Bond movies also drivel.
    Ferrero Rocher are nasty!!

Is there anything to be said for saying another Mass flat 7-Up?

That's not unpopular though :p Loads of people like 7-up but only a few seem to like or mind flat coke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Elvis got better after he joined the army

• Advertisement

Heres one: I hate the way hurlers in this country are adored and treated like celebrities. This culture has turned amateur sports people into egomaniacs. I know a few of the hurlers from my county and a few of them are nice but by God some of them think the world revolves around them and that they are entitled to great jobs, thousands for personal appearances etc. In a few years nobody will have heard of them and they will be just oridinary joe soaps but in Ireland we give these fellas fancy jobs, slaps on the back, free drinks etc is at any wonder that thay think they are huge stars. I mean, I cant even name any of the other Dublin football players besides the Brogans (2 lads who are very fond of the attention they get).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Heres one: I hate the way hurlers in this country are adored and treated like celebrities. This culture has turned amateur sports people into egomaniacs. I know a few of the hurlers from my county and a few of them are nice but by God some of them think the world revolves around them and that they are entitled to great jobs, thousands for personal appearances etc. In a few years nobody will have heard of them and they will be just oridinary joe soaps but in Ireland we give these fellas fancy jobs, slaps on the back, free drinks etc is at any wonder that thay think they are huge stars. I mean, I cant even name any of the other Dublin football players besides the Brogans (2 lads who are very fond of the attention they get).

Can you imagine what they'd be like if they were actually paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Yes. Why don't they both just go off and marry Nadia Forde. You have one of them nominated for an all star as well this year - something which is unpopular but popular at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

73Cat wrote: »
    Dirty Dancing is the biggest pile of mushy, sappy, drivel.
    Bond movies also drivel.
    Ferrero Rocher are nasty!!

Agree with everything here except for the ferrero richer :eek: they're lovely :L

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭pawdee

Here's an unpopular opinion..........U2 are ****e. The way people react to that is comical. It's as if you're not allowed to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I hate the music of singers like Paddy Casey, whose vocals hit such low notes. It's hard to tell each syllable apart, it's like a slurred mess of moaning and groaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Damien Dempsey cannot sing. It's just a thick Dublin accent and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

pawdee wrote: »
    Here's an unpopular opinion..........U2 are ****e. The way people react to that is comical. It's as if you're not allowed to say it.

That's not really an unpopular opinion, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

pawdee wrote: »
    Not a fan either, have to say that this was a great performance though:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

e_e wrote: »
    Not a fan either, have to say that this was a great performance though:

:eek: Imagine paying money to see that! You'd swear they were playing in a dingy pub in Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement