Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Under 20 World Junior Championships

• 28-12-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭

....are off and under way !!

Canada put a massive whoopin' on Latvia. I lost track of the score after it was 14-0 (Ibelieve the final was 16-0).

The Swedes blew up the Czech's 10-1

The USA came back from 0-2 down to win 7-3.

Day Two saw the Yanks beat the Swiss 3-0

Finland scored three 3rd period goals to be the Czech's 4-3 in OT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

MATCHUP TIME (ET/PT) SCORE
    Austria vs. Sweden 2pm/11am 3 - 7
    USA vs. Switzerland 4pm/1pm 3 - 0
    Czech Republic vs. Finland 6pm/3pm 3 - 4
    Latvia vs. Slovakia 8pm/5pm 3 - 8

December 28
    MATCHUP TIME (ET/PT) SCORE
    Canada vs. Switzerland 4pm/1pm 6 - 0
    Finland vs. Russia 6pm/3pm 0 - 2

More to follow ........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Again another unbelievable tournament with some of the best hockey ever.
    The two USA v Canada games where amazing. The final had everything but good goalkeeping.

I'm still hurting from the OT loss.

Oiler fans are salivating over Jordan Eberle joining them and even hoping to get first pick so they can get Taylor Hall in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Eberle is a nightmre in waiting for every other team in the Western Conference. Some kids just know exactly where to be when the game is on the line. I was gob smacked again watching him score the big goals when needed .....again.

This was a huge win for the US Hockey Developmental Program. Slowly but surely they are starting to make strides.

Regardless of who won that game, I couldn't be prouder of those two teams, and excited for the future of the NHL.

Congratulations to the USA and Canada.

Advertisement