Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

• 11-10-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Following this thread being closed, this is the thread if you wish to post news tid bits. If you wish to start a discussion on the item, please start a new thread for it after posting it here.

Infractions will be handed out if chat happens in this thread.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Big Show is slated to star in an upcoming WWE Films project, and now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the film will be entitled "Knucklehead." It has also been confirmed that the film will co-star Mark Feuerstein of Royal Pains, and actress Melora Hardin, best known from roles in "Monk" and "The Office."
    The film's plot will revolve around Feuerstein playing a fight promoter who is in major debt due to a crooked partner, so he encounters Walter Kronk, played by Big Show, and convinces him to wrestle professionaly for him.

I predict straight to dvd :rolleyes:

Two reality-TV veterans and a pop songstress make up part of this year's Celebrity Apprentice cast.

Bret Michaels, Sharon Osbourne and Cyndi Lauper may all get to hear the words "you're fired" from Donald Trump on the NBC program's new season.

Nine others are joining them, including — for now — former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was impeached last year and is facing federal racketeering, extortion and fraud charges. He's accused of trying to trade state government business for campaign cash and of trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by President Barack Obama.

Blagojevich was denied the opportunity to compete on last summer's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Blagojevich's reality show dreams could be dashed again. He was due in court Monday for a hearing in his federal corruption case, and his lawyers could address his upcoming appearance on Celebrity Apprentice.

A photo of the new cast shooting their opening appeared in the New York Post and reveals that actress Holly Robinson Peete and former baseball star Darryl Strawberry will also be facing the Donald this cycle.

Rounding out the competition: Wrestlers Goldberg and Maria Kanellis, Take Home Chef Curtis Stone, comedian Sinbad, Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders and writer/comedian Carol Leifer — the inspiration behind Seinfeld's Elaine.

The selection of this menagerie of people already has taken a hit. Seth Meyers joked on Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update" that the new cast of Celebrity Apprentice reduces the meaning of "celebrity" to "mammal.
    "

I hope TV3 shows it over here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jimrossbellspalsyattack

JR suffered another Bells Palsy attack and won't be at the Smackdown or Bragging Rights tapings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Look who's returning:

LANCE CADE RETURNS TO WWE

From: www.pwinsider.com/article/42432/lance-cade-returns-to-wwe.html?p=1

World Wrestling Entertainment signed former WWE World Tag Team champion Lance Cade last week to a new contract. Cade, who had a previous run with the company from 2001-2008, reported this week to WWE developmental Florida Championship Wrestling.

Cade, originally trained by Shawn Michaels and Rudy Boy Gonzales in Texas, had a previous run with the company, most notably his tag team with Trevor Murdoch.

Cade had been receiving his largest career push, working as Chris Jericho's second during a feud with Michaels when he was suddenly released in October 2008. WWE announcer Jim Ross reported at the time that Cade was let go after he had a seizure on a flight that required emergency treatment with the belief being that something Cade had taken caused the seizure.

Since departing WWE, Cade had been working for the NWA's Championship Wrestling from Hollywood TV project and made appearances in Japan.

PWTorch.com is reporting that AJ Styles apparently lashed out at TNA's creative team recently over what he claims has been horrible booking of him as TNA Champion thus far into his run with the title. The belief is that Styles feels that he is being booked to look like a weak champion as he won the title when Sting allowed him to pin Kurt Angle, and then he was not booked to go over Angle on Impact last week.
    Additonally, it is said that Samoa Joe was upset with TNA management this past weekend as they bailed on using a catering company for the PPV that is operated by one of Joe's friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Saw this on another forum, apparently an interview in powerslam magazine with Triple H.
    Who do you regard as the next wave of headline-level talent in WWE?

Well CM Punk is obviously already on his way to becoming a big star. Jack swagger, I like Sheamus. Evan Bourne is very good. Kofi Kingston. They are all moving up, but slowly, which is the right way.

Finally,are you mentoring any wwe wrestler in particular? And in who, do you see the most of young Triple H?

The closest to me is probably Sheamus, because we always train together on the road. But I try to watch all the young guys' matches and give them advice, if they want to hear it. If they take advice to heart and really want to improve,them I'm wanting to help. As for seeing some of myself in someone? Thats tough. Sheamus just the other day showed up at a show he did'nt have to be at. He does whatever he's asked to do without complaining, he goes to every show and is always wanting to work:he does is all,goes above and beyond. That's what I was like

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bloodstained Memoirs has a release date of 23rd November 2009

http://www.bloodstainedmemoirs.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstained_Memoirs

According to ProWrestling.net, Kevin Nash has been suspended by TNA Wrestling due to his outburst over the way Chris Sabin's injury was handled at the taping last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Tremendous snippet from the Observer:
    There was an altercation after Bound for Glory at the Hilton Hotel in Irvine. A guy was making fun of Awesome Kong’s boyfriend. She pushed him and he got back up in her face, and she decked him with a punch.

Laughed my ass off at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You'd have to be some kind of stupid to start on Kong!

• Advertisement

As noted earlier here on the website, a portion of the Knockouts Elimination Match on iMPACT! two weeks ago had to be edited as Lacey Von Erich fell flat on her face when she ran to the ring to do a run-in.

Earlier that day, the third generation wrestler suffered a minor hamstring injury while training at the Impact! Zone and made it known all night that she was in pain. She reportedly told a male trainer to fetch her an ice pack and he ended up walking in on a half-dressed Awesome Kong, who was none too pleased. Kong then reportedly grabbed Von Erich and took her to the trainer's room, where she proceeded to cut a promo on her in front of Kurt Angle.

When Von Erich went to management to complain, they ended up siding with Kong.

Lacey is terrible in the ring

Working under the name Vance Archer, former TNA wrestler Lance Hoyt made his WWE debut at tonight's ECW taping in Providence, Rhode Island. He defeated a local wrestler in a squash match.

Shortly after parting ways with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling this past February, Hoyt came to terms with World Wrestling Entertainment. He has been appearing in the company's developmental promotion, Florida Championship Wrestling, in the meantime.
    :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a185546/mickey-rourke-wants-wrestling-return.html

Mickey Rourke still wants to compete in a full WWE bout, it has been claimed.

Rourke, who was nominated for a 'Best Actor' Oscar for his role in The Wrestler, knocked out former champion Chris Jericho with a single punch at Wrestlemania XXV.

According to new book Mickey Rourke: Wrestling with Demons, Rourke had wanted to compete in the event but was banned from doing so by producers of Iron Man 2.

Biographer Sandro Monetti told The Sun: "Mickey has great respect for WWE owner Vince McMahon and says he is the man who turned wrestling from a sport for fat guys in speedos to a contest for superfit athletes.

"He wants to help the wrestling community all he can having fallen in love with the sport over the course of that amazing movie."

Ric Flair will be taking the plunge for the fourth time in his life, as he is set to marry his girlfriend Jackie later today in his home state of North Carolina.

TNA Wrestling released Knockout Sojo Bolt yesterday.
    Apparently there is no bad blood and she could be used again in the company in the future, but as of now, creative had nothing for her and decided to release her from her contract.

Gabe Sapolsky announced the start of a new promotion called “Evolve,” with more details to come over the next week. Sapolsky with partner with Sal Hamaoui and Davey Richards involved in the project. The impression I’ve got is that they will be running shows on an infrequent basis, probably the same type of schedule as Dragon Gate USA. I don’t know that it’ll be the same PPV and DVD type marketing as Dragon Gate USA, but it would make sense to be. All Sapolsky has said is that they are going to work around each individual talent’s strengths and weaknesses, and regards to rumors it would be a shoot style promotion, he said that there isn’t enough talent to pull that direction off.

Observer. Interesting, heard Davey Richards is involved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ric Flair has gotten married for the 4th time, bloody hell isnt he paying enough to his 3 previous wives already? The guy is a mess

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/14303

In his new MySpace blog, independent pro wrestling star Davey Richards has stated that WWE has approach him, saying the following:

"This year many have said Ive more great matches then anyone, vs. KENTA, vs. (Bryan) Danielson, vs. SHINGO, vs. (Kenny) Omega, vs. (Roderick) Strong, etc. Even WWE has come knocking.

"But no one understands why, its not for attention I do this, its not for money, its not for notoriety. Its for my beliefs, my morals, my creed. I am a man who believes hard work must be rewarded and laziness must be punished. I've simply walked away from places before who I feel have not shared this moral with me.

"Evolve is my opportunity to not seek out big paydays, not to seek out mainstream notoriety, or to even gain attention. Evolve is my place to seek out the best, outwork them, and beat them."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/14298

- Rey Mysterio is said to be working through a lot of pain at the moment, with news that his ACL and PCL are completely destroyed. It's said his injured joint is virtually bone-on-bone and that he requires knee surgery as soon as possible. [Source: Wrestling Globe Newsletter]

Breaking news from www.f4wonline.com
    Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and there are questions as to whether he will ever fight again.

Lesnar, 32, is in far worse shape than he has been letting on. He went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he doesn't want to get out, and all we now is that he does not have cancer and he does not have AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and he will not be fighting again for a long, long time, if he is able to fight again.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota tonight and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

:eek:

Strictly, more MMA than pro-wrestling news, but newsworthy nonetheless. Hope hes OK. I'll leave it up to the mods whether it warrants its own thread.

• Advertisement

Credit to PWInsider.com,

Michael Cole is getting backstage heat in WWE due to the belief that he isn't taking his job seriously anymore. The company is apparently not happy with some of the "stupid" comments he has made on TV recently and they also feel that he is no longer putting the company first.

There could end up being a shuffling of announcers. According to F4WOnline.com, the situation with Matt Striker doing commentary with Cole on RAW could be WWE testing the waters to see how the different announce team combinations sound.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a187588/hulk-hogan-attacked-at-press-conference.html

Hulk Hogan was involved in a fight at a Sydney press conference yesterday afternoon.

The wrestling champion, who was a guest speaker at the Star City junket, was attacked by ring rival Ric Flair.

According to witnesses, Flair threw a table off the stage into the press before diving on photographers. He then jumped on Hogan and whipped his face with a belt buckle.

Hogan later told Sydney Central: "It took me about half an hour to get freshened up before I ran back out. It got a bit crazy."

He added: "I didn't plan on going backwards off the stage, that was a bit of a shock."

Credit to wrestleview.com

From comedians to politicians to musical performers to professional athletes, Monday Night Raw’s weekly guest hosts are some of past and present’s finest entertainers. The WWE Universe, therefore, can expect this trend to continue as more and more of the most popular celebrities are hopping aboard to serve as Raw special host.

Nov. 23, 2009: Jesse Ventura
    This week, WWE Hall of Famer Jesse Ventura will take the reins from Hershey, Pa., on a special Thanksgiving three-hour presentation of Raw. The illustrious Superstar’s role comes just more than one week before the debut of Ventura’s new truTV series, Conspiracy Theory, which airs on Dec. 2 at 10 p.m. ET.

Nov. 30, 2009: Verne Troyer
    Best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers comedy series, Verne Troyer will serve as guest host on Nov. 30 from Baltimore. One of the shortest yet largely recognizable men in the world, the actor has more than 15 years of television experience.

Dec. 7, 2009: Mark Cuban
    Instead of humoring the NBA Universe with his infinite antics and making authoritative basketball decisions for one night, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will spend time delegating responsibility to WWE Superstars when he hosts Raw on Dec. 7 from Dallas.

Dec. 14, 2009: Dennis Miller
    Comedian and radio talk show host Dennis Miller, meanwhile, will serve as the host of the 2009 Slammy Awards during a special three-hour presentation of Raw on Dec. 14 from Corpus Christi, Texas. The five-time Emmy award-winning comic is renowned for his improvisations and acerbic humor about pop culture and politics.

Be sure to tune in every Monday night when the biggest stars from all over the world take over as Raw’s special guest host.

Bad news for Machismo Fan:

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1258835966.php?style=dark

No Christmas edition of iMPACT! due to a Star Wars marathon

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=261121413
    source: PWInsider.com

To update an earlier report, Lauren Mayhew, who appeared on ECW as the brand's ring announcer, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Both parties were working together on a short term deal, but could not come to terms on a full term contract.

The word going around at today's television taping in Bridgeport, Connecticut was that the aspiring actress and WWE parted on amicable terms and the door was open for her to return to the company in the future.

Mayhew's profile has already been removed from the company website. Tony Chimel handled the ring announcing duties during tonight's episode of ECW.

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=261112242
    Prior to the Smackdown taping tonight, former TNA X-Division Champion Senshi, who is now known as Kaval in WWE, defeated Paul Burchill in a dark match. Senshi/Kaval is best known as Low-Ki.

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=261091323
    For those keeping track, Dolph Ziggler has taken part in twenty-six Intercontinental title matches at various events (televised and non-televised) within the past few months, losing all but two. He won one match via count-out with another match being ruled a double count-out. Furthermore, he has come up short in retrieving the title on television on seven different occasions including Night of Champions, SummerSlam, Hell in the Cell and four separate episodes of Friday Night SmackDown.

Ziggler was at one point scheduled to win the title from Rey Mysterio over the summer, but the high-flying Superstar vetoed dropping the title to him on more than one occasion. When push came to shove as a result of a 30-day suspension for violating the company's drug testing policy in early September, Mysterio agreed to drop the title to John Morrison.

Now it appears that the ship has sailed on Ziggler nabbing the gold as WWE officials have reportedly "given up on him."

On a related noted, Ziggler was voted the "Most Deserving of a Title Shot" among his peers in the "Superstar Survey" taken for the latest issue of WWE Magazine.

Credit: F4Wonline.com

- On RAW this past week, both Jerry Lawler and -Jesse Ventura were given “cheat sheets” with photos of the Superstars in the different matches. In Lawler’s case, he doesn’t watch ECW or Smackdown and Ventura didn’t really know anyone besides the top guys.

- When Mark Cuban hosts the RAW on December 7th from Dallas, he will be promoting the Dallas Mavericks and his new “Mark Cuban’s Puzzle Palace” for the iPhone.

- The New York Post mentioned this week that OJ Simpson enjoys watching WWE Superstars and SmackDown while in prison at Nevada’s Lovelock Correctional Center. Simpson is currently serving a 33 year sentence.

- Part of why WWE is pushing Kofi Kingston to the top if because they feel they need another African-American babyface star and they had given up on several other stars that were picked for the spot.

The other two stars who WWE have the most faith in right now are Sheamus, who is a workout partner of Triple H, and Drew McIntyre, who Triple H and Shawn Michaels have endorsed.

- The Wrestling Observer Reports that Jim Ross has yet to sign a new contract with WWE and because of the uncertainty regarding his current condition, there haven’t been any serious talks. JR’s contract is set to expire in three weeks.

- This year’s Survivor Series PPV from the Verizon Center in Washington, DC drew 12,500 fans and wasn’t a sell-out. WWE lowered the bottom ticket price to $20 in hopes of increasing the walk-up.

Edge is being advertised for the Smackdown 2010 Australian tour

Chris Jericho vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship is being advertised for the RAW taping from Columbus, Ohio on 1/25.

The following was announced by World Wrestling Entertainment today:

Jan. 18, 2010 Raw Guest Hosts: Jon Heder & Don Johnson
    Stars from the soon-to-be-released film When in Rome, Jon Heder and Don Johnson, will take center stage on Raw on Jan. 18 from Knoxville, Tenn. Known mostly from his role as the discomfited and unintentionally humorous main character in Napoleon Dynamite, Heder enjoyed tremendous success this decade in a variety of comedies. Johnson, meanwhile, who became a popular television icon in the 1980s when starring in the hit series Miami Vice, continues to be an admired Hollywood actor. Their new film is set to be released in theaters on Jan. 29.

• Advertisement

Charlie Haas reportedly asked WWE for his release within the last few months. Apparently officials were going to grant him the release at first but changed their minds and gave him a raise instead. There was a rumor going around that Kurt Angle had a spot for Haas in TNA so WWE kept Haas around instead of having him jump to TNA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement