Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PLEASE HELP!!! Dog Stolen in COUNTY LIMERICK

Options
  • 06-04-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Not sure if this is the right section or not.

Yesterday evening, my cousins dog was taken. A 5 month old American Akita named Brax.. Was taken in daylight, while my Grandad was in the house. Cousin and his girlfriend were not there at the time. Taken near Ballingarry in County Limerick. We have reason to believe they may be from Kilmallock or Charleville, but not certain yet.

The car was a silver Ford Fiesta, 2010 on, it was the new shape, 4 door. Two men, and the passenger, wearing blue jeans black hat and black jacket. We have them on camera doing it, they parked outside, called the dog and took him from the wall.

This dog was bought 2 months ago for his son, after his other dog got knocked down. He is 8 years old, and is devasted after it. There will be a REWARD for any info leading to return of this dog, or info on the people that took him.

Please, if you see, or know someone that buys this dog, please let us know.

This pic is a month old, and quality isnt the greatest but its all I have for now. Any info please call !!!!!!!!!!!

fne552.jpg

Please kepp yer eyes peeled for this car or the dog, and let us know.

Thanks for reading,

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Needless to say you must report it to the Guards & the local warden. I would also notify all of the Vets in the area. Given the child element I would also contact the Press & Radio. Oh & put something on the Limerick forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Discodog wrote: »
    Needless to say you must report it to the Guards & the local warden. I would also notify all of the Vets in the area. Given the child element I would also contact the Press & Radio. Oh & put something on the Limerick forum here.

Ditto. Also you could log it with www.lostandfoundpets.ie but I agree - contact press and radio, perhaps even TV. And maybe put on YouTube if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bazzak20

Hi, thanks for replies.

Just got off the phone to my cousin, he has a very good lead so fingers crossed there will be a positive outcome.

I think his girlfriend has it on facebook, but I agree, Limerick Radio would be a great start. Thanks again for yer input, I will update this as we go.

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

No done deal links.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The key to this may be to create enough fuss that it is not worth them hanging onto the dog. Then you have to advise the Pounds & local rescues in case it gets dumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Might want to snip your mobile no. from the OP, never know who might use it.

Best of luck finding the dog, as said public radio is often the best bet

WE GOT HIM BACK..!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God

Oh the news certainly raises spirits. Sad that we cant keep what belongs to us.

So if anyone has a dog stolen in the area, I can tell ye who and where. A 19 and 23 year old. Heard after that they are renowned for it.

Thanks for replies.

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Great news and so quick. Hope the little pricks got what was comin to them

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I assume they've been put in jail immediately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

falabo wrote: »
    I assume they've been put in jail immediately ?

Probely troubled childhoods and were never let have a dog when young :) , wont see prision as per usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

bazzak20 wrote: »
    WE GOT HIM BACK..!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God

That's great to hear. Can you tell us any more?

Obviously don't mention names or anything like that, but if you could tell us how you got the dog back, it could make for some interesting reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Any idea why they stole the dog in the first place? :confused:

Thanks all.

The dog was found thanks to my cousins persistence. He spent hours going over his cctv and had the car make, model and description down to a tee.

On his lunch break the next day, he saw the exact same car pull into the filling station, with a young traveller driving. He had a hunch it was them so he made some enquiries about them. They are a traveller family from Charleville, and the young lad is uncontrollable. So my cousin got onto a guy he knew in Charleville who knew the family. He showed him the CCTV and he was able to confirm that it was him.

So the intermediary went to the family and told them the story and that the young lad and his friend were on CCTV taking the dog and that the owner just wanted the dog back and there would be no more.

It turned out they had already sold the dog so my cousin gave them a few hours to sort it and they got the dog back and he was returned by the intermediary in this story. We were told after that the young lad is spoiled rotten, ( 2011 Ford Fiesta from the parents) and that he spends his days stealing and so on, they cant ( or wont ) control him. He is 19. He was woken by his mother screaming at him and he was told to get the dog back. Little ****.

Now I know ye will say report him. Theres more to the story. When my cousin first saw the fiesta in the filling station, there was a garda car there, and he went and told them the story, and because he reported the crime to a different garda station initially, they said they couldnt get involved eventhough the culprits were living in their town.

Also one has to look at the fact that they were travellers and they knew where my cousin lived so was it worth the risk?

The end result is the dog was returned unharmed, and thats whats most important. He is a big part of the family. My cousin, girlfriend and their son hardly slept the night he was taken.

CCTV isnt everything, but it helped this time. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Please tell me that your cousin did not have to pay any money over ?

No money was paid thankfully. It wouldnt have been an option anyway as they were caught rotten.

Advertisement