Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation mishaps

• 25-07-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I need your help. Every time I apply my foundation with my foundation brush it isn't even. Its hard to describe but there are lines all over my face from the bristles on the brush. So I always need to blend with a sponge after applying.

I'm currently using a normal foundation brush I got in my local pharmacy. Is this my fault or the brushes? Should I just invest in a more expensive brush?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This could happen for a number of reasons so my advice would be as follows:

Apply your foundation in smaller amounts. Blend small amounts at a time, and slowly add more for heavier coverage.

Make sure it is a decent quality brush - also make sure you clean it regularly.

There are loads of videos on You Tube on how best to use them - maybe you're rushing a bit/being a bit heavy handed? I'd have a look at these for some tips.

This, like a lot of the time with make up, probably comes down to good old practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I actually hate foundation brushes. Ive used them numerous times too and i end up with streaks of foundation. I always end up using a buffing/stippling brush or a sponge to get it even. Even the new Real Tecnhiques set ive bought seems to have a useless foundation brush so i dont bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

After you've spread the foundation roughly around your face, press the bristles against the skin (So the bristles bend and lie flat against your skin). Do this lightly all over the face to get rid of the brush strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Have you considered changing brushes to a stippling brush, perhaps? I've tried and used both, and tbh the stippling brush blows the normal foundation brush out of the water. There's no need to spend an awful lot of money, I've heard great things about the Real Techniques brushes which can be bought in Boots. I have the Sigma Flat Top Kabuki myself and can't imagine myself without it!

However, if you prefer just using a regular foundation brush, it's normal for there to be streaks when you're done, you just need to pat the foundation into the skin using the flat side of the brush. This will take away the streaks. Using a sponge like you already do is also a good method for this.

Advertisement