Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

This is Hip-Hop a certain amount of arrogance is called for, and in fairness to Kanye he is probably the best rapper/producer in Hip-Hop so the arrogance is called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Wouldn't agree with that, no amount of talent can excuse someone of acting the di*khead most of the time.

Wouldn't agree with that, no amount of talent can excuse someone of acting the di*khead most of the time.

Tell this to Odd Future at least Kanye has a lot of talent to back up his arrogance.

I don't like odd future and again there's no excuse for being a di*khead mate talent or no talent no one likes a p*ick.

As Talib Kewili says and hints at he is talented, passionate and arrogant and I think that he comes off the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

In fairness, Kanye is a bollix, but he's lovable bollix really.

I know people who are arrogant and not ****, there's nothing wrong with a bit of arrogenence we all are when it comes to certain things.

But my point is kanye is a d*ckhead outside music, funny yes but at the end of the day he's a boder line racist idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I know people who are arrogant and not ****, there's nothing wrong with a bit of arrogenence we all are when it comes to certain things.

But my point is kanye is a d*ckhead outside music, funny yes but at the end of the day he's a boder line racist idiot.

Borderline racist?
    This is never said about Cube and Public enemy and dead prez who were blatantly racist at times.

He can be a dickhead all he wants, his music is good.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Borderline racist?
    This is never said about Cube and Public enemy and dead prez who were blatantly racist at times.

Ice Cube? When?

PE racist? Griff was accused of anti-semitism but even that was spurious and out of context quoting.

Also Dead Prez?

Ice Cube? When?

PE racist? Griff was accused of anti-semitism but even that was spurious and out of context quoting.

Also Dead Prez?

In "hip hop" by dead prez they refer to the people that shot big as crackers (crackers being a racist insult), probably trying to hint that they think the government who were predominantly white at the time had something to do with it. If that's not racism what is it?

In No vaseline cube says, "get rid of that devil real simple/Put a bullet in his temple" or something like that. He's talking about Jerry Heller there and either calling him a devil over his colour or his religion.

Public enemy were so pro black that they nearly took it as far as racism against whites.

That's only my interpretations though. It's up to you how you interpret them.

They're still 2 great groups and one excellent rapper.

• Advertisement

Borderline racist?

He can be a dickhead all he wants, his music is good.

your just repeating me, iv stated his music is good more than once now.

no one is disputing his talent. all im saying he's a di*khead , the music and talent doesnt come into it.

the whole racist thing was brought up here before. its something he is or least comes across as. iv a hard time excepting it from him because he's a prat who had a middle class up bringing aswell as being a millionaire and still preaching the bullsh*t, thats not too say he hasn't been discriminated against at some stage in his life but he stirs the pot imo.

In "hip hop" by dead prez they refer to the people that shot big as crackers (crackers being a racist insult), probably trying to hint that they think the government who were predominantly white at the time had something to do with it. If that's not racism what is it?

In No vaseline cube says, "get rid of that devil real simple/Put a bullet in his temple" or something like that. He's talking about Jerry Heller there and either calling him a devil over his colour or his religion.

Public enemy were so pro black that they nearly took it as far as racism against whites.

That's only my interpretations though. It's up to you how you interpret them.

They're still 2 great groups and one excellent rapper.

I think you are reading too much into "hip-hop". Also about that devil line, didn't Heller rob money from them? I don't see how disliking one specific person is racist.

I definitely think you misinterpreted PE. True, very open to interpretation.

(Hip-Hop the song mainly is talking about the record industry, "white folks control your brain" is more a "fact" than racism imo. The other crackers comment can't be interpreted as racist as it specificaly is talking about the government who deserve some hate (I don't want to get into Civil rights in America) )

Is Kanye racist because of his george bush katriona comment?

I think you are reading too much into "hip-hop". Also about that devil line, didn't Heller rob money from them? I don't see how disliking one specific person is racist.

I definitely think you misinterpreted PE. True, very open to interpretation.

(Hip-Hop the song mainly is talking about the record industry, "white folks control your brain" is more a "fact" than racism imo. The other crackers comment can't be interpreted as racist as it specificaly is talking about the government who deserve some hate (I don't want to get into Civil rights in America) )

Is Kanye racist because of his george bush katriona comment?

You're probably right, i could be overstating the possible racist content from them people.

I dunno about kanye, it's like what you said, disliking one specific person isn't really racist. All he did was make some stupid remarks about bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Kanye's a f*cker. Sure, he has talent, but he's not as good as he used to be and he's not as good as he thinks he is. He kinda reminds me of the Oasis of hip hop - they think they're revolutionary game-changers, but they're not really.

I'll never forget that sh*t he pulled on that Swift girl at that awards thing. First of all, getting up in a young girl's business like that and snatching a microphone from her hand is intimidating, and secondly he only did it to suck up to Jay-Z and Beyonce, which is sad.

Also, there's a fine line between confidence (which is part of hip hop), and just being a d*ck, and Kanye is more the latter than the former for me. The youthful arrogance of Odd Future is not even comparable to Kanye's "I'm the greatest artist in the world" arrogance.

He's basically the floyd mayweather of rap, you either love him for his cockiness or hate him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He's basically the floyd mayweather of rap, you either love him for his cockiness or hate him for it.

Thankfully though Kanye doesn't post up pictures of bets that he has just won. When I go to the bookies I put on 5 and 10 euro. Floyd bets $400,000 to win $333,333 on a game.

As a result I hate him more than Kanye.

Kanye's a f*cker. Sure, he has talent, but he's not as good as he used to be and he's not as good as he thinks he is. He kinda reminds me of the Oasis of hip hop - they think they're revolutionary game-changers, but they're not really.

I'll never forget that sh*t he pulled on that Swift girl at that awards thing. First of all, getting up in a young girl's business like that and snatching a microphone from her hand is intimidating, and secondly he only did it to suck up to Jay-Z and Beyonce, which is sad.

Also, there's a fine line between confidence (which is part of hip hop), and just being a d*ck, and Kanye is more the latter than the former for me. The youthful arrogance of Odd Future is not even comparable to Kanye's "I'm the greatest artist in the world" arrogance.

agree 100 per cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Good comparison... I actually met Floyd once in the MGM Grand Hotel in Vegas in 2008, he had 3 or 4 security guards with him walking through the lobby. When he was coming towards me I said "Floyd, Floyd" trying to get his attention. One of the guards came towards me, as if to block me from getting near him. Floyd stopped and immediately said to the guard "Woah, chill" or something like that. He stopped and talked with me for a minute, asked what I was doing in Vegas, am I enjoying it so far, etc. Then he signed autographs and posed for a picture with myself and my brother. Was there with us for 2 minutes or so and seemed very happy to meet fans, when he left said "Enjoy your vacation, take care guys" and went on his way.

For some reason I can't imagine meeting Kanye would be as pleasant an experience. Plus you have to remember the people that hate Floyd are usually Pacquiao/De La Hoya/Cotto/etc fans. It's not as if Kanye has anyone that hates him because of hip-hop beefs/feuds, they just hate him because he comes across as a horrible person for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    For some reason I can't imagine meeting Kanye would be as pleasant an experience. Plus you have to remember the people that hate Floyd are usually Pacquiao/De La Hoya/Cotto/etc fans. It's not as if Kanye has anyone that hates him because of hip-hop beefs/feuds, they just hate him because he comes across as a horrible person for no good reason.

You'd be surprised. Met Kanye the last day, funnily enough, while trying to pass through JFK. Seemed like a really cool, chill guy. We got to talking about rap and whatnot, and he sounded very grateful to have a fan conversing with him about topics other than his controversies. Before leaving for my flight, he offered me Taylor Swift's VMA Award (which he had kept), 50000 USD, tickets to every Watch The Throne concert and a night of passionate love-making and general merriment with Kim Kardashian*.

*none of this may have happened

Have a mate who's trained with mayweather and had dinner with him after the session, he said the exact same really just a really nice guy he was full of tips and very helpful and down to earth.

But arrogenence is a near essential for any combat fighter not just boxers, boxing more so with all the build up that goes with it with weigh ins, interviews , face offs etc.

Kanyes arrogenence has nothing to do with his music or his talent that's the difference IMO.

• Advertisement

His arrogance has everything to do with his music. (or someone elses music in the case of his taylor swift outburst)

His arrogance has everything to do with his music. (or someone elses music in the case of his taylor swift outburst)

He loves the attention and there's very little he won't do to get it. He's an idiot.

He loves the attention and there's very little he won't do to get it. He's an idiot.

That is probably true, even more so than most entertainers (who crave attention anyway)

He may be sometimes stupid with his actions and comments, but he seems very clever in general.

That is probably true, even more so than most entertainers (who crave attention anyway)

He may be sometimes stupid with his actions and comments, but he seems very clever in general.

He's talented and eccentric but he doesn't strike me as overly intelligent.

He's talented and eccentric but he doesn't strike me as overly intelligent.

You don't become a world renowned producer and rapper by being a complete idiot.

Plus he has some very clever lyrics at times that a lot of rappers do not come close to (I am talking about ones who are at his level of fame, he is far from the cleverest lyricist in general)

Plus you have to remember the people that hate Floyd are usually Pacquiao/De La Hoya/Cotto/etc fans. It's not as if Kanye has anyone that hates him because of hip-hop beefs/feuds, they just hate him because he comes across as a horrible person for no good reason.

I hate Floyd after i saw him on cribs years ago and he whipped out a watch and said " see this watch? it's worth more then your house " That kind of annoyed me.
    But by no means am i a cotto or paquaio fan. I love mayweather as a fighter, hate him as a person though because of all the shear cockiness.

But for some reason i don't hate kanye.

And by no means is kanye an idiot either. If his arrogance was caused by stupidity we wouldn't be talking about him at all. It's a great way of gaining publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I wouldn't say that Kanye is stupid - he's a good businessman and rapper/producer, but he's stupid in the sense that he doesn't seem to have any concept of what's appropriate and what isn't at a given time. He's also completely deluded and has a terrible attitude, in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with believing in yourself and all that, but he is so beyond that it's ridiculous. It's not a question of confidence with him. He's just an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I know I'm a little late with this but I was looking on youtube there and I found a pretty good interview with Freddie Gibbs. Basically he calls Rick Ross up on all his bullshít raps and whole persona.

He also kind of goes in on DJ Khaled and his attempts at rapping.

The more I hear from Gangsta Gibbs the more I like him. He talks a lot of sense in the first half of the interview with regard to the whole rapping about the thug life element.

• Advertisement

79203216_10.jpg

Anybody ever notice how much RZA and ODB used to look alike?

Advertisement