Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4 Cans or Bottles for the price of 1 at Tesco

• 15-06-2011 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Discovered this by mistake recently, should also work in Superquinn or any shop that has self service checkouts. When buying a four pack of any alcoholic drink, turn one of the cans/bottles so that the barcode is facing out. When passing it over the scanner, make sure the barcode from the bottle/can scans and not the one from the cardboards holding the cans/bottles and enjoy your 75% discount! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

...........you do know that what you're recommending is technically stealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

This is arse, this is stealing.

Not a glitch, or a bargain, out right stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

thats not a bargain, its dishonest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

it's only theft if your caught

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djdrobins

So if I go in and turn all the bar codes on the bottles towards outside, and then someone else comes along and unknowingly scans just the bar-code on the bottle - is that still stealing - or ignorance.

Opportunistic is what is is - and a little immoral! (Technically Stealing if you are aware of it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I only know this cause I worked on them self scan. It doesn't work. Cause when you put down the 4 pack after scanning the one can on the baggage area it weigh's what you have put down, so if it doesn't correspond with what you scanned the computer will tell you to remove the item, an will continue to do so till a member of staff comes over an realise what you have done an you start to make your excuses. Also do multi packs not have barcodes? They have a ''part of multipack'' label.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

This trick works for any multi packs like some bottled water ,cans of fish etc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've passed on the OP's (and anyone else who's advocating theft) details to the police..

.. ye won't need cans or bottles of "alcholic drink" where ye're going!

stupid+people+prison.gif

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement