Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Here is my new CZ LUX .223 with a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 Riflescope and a Beartooth Comb Raising Kit and a Harris Bipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That looks like an effective piece of kit right there. How do you find the scope at 30 times mag?

Can I ask where you got the comb raising kit and how much, could use one myself.

Vegeta wrote: »
    That looks like an effective piece of kit right there. How do you find the scope at 30 times mag?

Can I ask where you got the comb raising kit and how much, could use one myself.

Vegeta have not had a chance to zero in the scope yet, wont get a chance till friday. The scope only arrived this moring on initial inspection its not bad at 30 times mag but with any scope at that mag it is a little fuzzy. It lets in great light and has the new rainguard system will work a treat in our conditions :D

I picked up the comb raising kit from Target sports for £20 sterling, great little peace of kit they are..

http://www.targetsports.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32_156&products_id=1596

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Vegeta have not had a chance to zero in the scope yet, wont get a chance till friday. The scope only arrived this moring on initial inspection its not bad at 30 times mag but with any scope at that mag it is a little fuzzy. It lets in great light and has the new rainguard system will work a treat in our conditions :D

I picked up the comb raising kit from Target sports for £20 sterling, great little peace of kit they are..

http://www.targetsports.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32_156&products_id=1596

Stupid work are blocking that site but I will check it out when home. Cheers.

Cant wait for the first report of how she shoots. Is it a 1 in 12 twist. What ammo are you going to feed her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Nice. I like the finish on the stock.... Happy shooting...

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    Stupid work are blocking that site but I will check it out when home. Cheers.

Cant wait for the first report of how she shoots. Is it a 1 in 12 twist. What ammo are you going to feed her?

Vegeta it is indeed a 1 in 12 twist rate. Will be trying some American Eagle FMJ & HP, Hornady 55gr v max, Sako Gamehead soft piont 55gr.

Lads anyone use the sako gamehead soft piont before they are new round to me ??? If so what are they like ??

Roll on friday I hope to god its a good day, its the only thing thats keeping me going getting out for a few hours :D:D.
    P.S dont tell the wife :p

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

the sako 55gr gameheads are a savage round in the right rifle, in europe and scothland they are used for roe deer.
    a buddy of mine when he had his CZ .223 used them all the time
    they never really stablized in my scout thought seeing as it was a 1 in 8 twist.

Lads anyone use the sako gamehead soft piont before they are new round to me ??? If so what are they like ?

Found them to be a bit too powerful for me. Instead of stopping within the fox, I found they travelled on through, so I downgraded to a 45gr HP for safety reasons. Great round though.

Thanks for the info Trojan911 and Sika_Stalker have two boxes of them at home, think I paid 23 euro for them, looking forward to giving them a go. Thanks again for the info ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moore.j71

My Swift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

ruger1oq3.jpg

ruger2dn2.jpg

ruger3xf5.jpg

My new Ruger M77 Hawkeye .243 and Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50,im delighted with this set up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

congrats man, thats a fine rifle, well ware!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

img2463fp7.jpg
    w640.png

This Is my new Laurona 12 Gauge Trap gun -

(Sorry getting used to this imageshack thing aint easy)

My new Ruger M77 Hawkeye .243 and Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50,im delighted with this set up :D

Nice set up.... Happy hunting...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Sweet rifle T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jjmcnulty

Got my new .223 lastweek and got it zeored at the weekend and got some nice grouping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ruger1oq3.jpg

ruger2dn2.jpg

ruger3xf5.jpg

How're you finding this tiny? I'm looking at a basically identical rifle in England in .25-06 and curious how yours is working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

3012721531_36375c5fbb_o.jpg

from left to right:

GSG-5 22lr MP5 clone
    home built AR15, CMMG upper double-star lower in 223 (5.56)
    Ruger 10/22
    IMI M1 Carbine
    two Egyptian FN49s in 8mm
    Rare Egyptian Rasheed in 7.62x39mm
    Chinese SKS paratrooper 7.62x39mm
    Two yugo SKSs

3013556906_49886b8423_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

nice collection harmoniums!

you must be living in the states:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭clivej

OK I have it at last my new CZ Varmint in 223 with a HS Kevlar stock. Took it out to the range and I'm well pleased with it. The scope is a Nikko Nighteater 8-32 x 60 AG IR.
    Grouping was over MOA at first but got it down to sub MOA by the end of the day. I was using a few different brands of ammo and found that the Remington UMC HP 50gr were not shooting to bad through it. I have some more ammo to try out next time, V Max 55gr, V Shok 50gr and Sako softpoint 50gr.

picture.php?albumid=277&pictureid=1514picture.php?albumid=277&pictureid=1507

picture.php?albumid=277&pictureid=1505

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

114ry0.jpg
    115cs6.jpg
    w640.png

w800.png
    My remmy vssf 2 in .220 swift. The green cloth on the scope doesnt look great but i lost the rubber slip for the light holder and it was the only thing i could find in the boot of the car:D.

damo03 wrote: »
    My remmy vssf 2 in .220 swift. The green cloth on the scope doesnt look great but i lost the rubber slip for the light holder and it was the only thing i could find in the boot of the car:D.

Nice set up. Try wrapping insulation tape around the scope to sub the rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eireshot

TackDriveingWithmyRifles001.jpg
    TackDriveingWithmyRifles004.jpg

my cz 453 .22, and 452 american .17 hmr.

My new arrival:D
    DSCF0311.jpg
    DSCF0312.jpg
    DSCF0317.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

well, finally got my shotgun licence in late dec :rolleyes: , ive had a few outings for duck (one teal and a woodcock!), after a hiatus of twenty odd years im finally back in the hunting world! (and member of local gun club).

(yildiz cheapo 12g u/o shotty and gamo cheapo .177 air rifle...its a start:D)
    100_0006-2.jpg?t=1233235439
    100_0007-3.jpg?t=1233235489

just realised how brutal i am at taking photos!! thankfully im better behind a bead and scope than a lens!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

murph226 wrote: »
    My new arrival

Excellent choice. (From a multiple SIG owner)

NTM

Excellent choice. (From a multiple SIG owner)

NTM

Cheers man!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, I kindof had good news, and bad news.

The good news is that my new toy finally arrived, and was waiting for me as I came home from the Army.

The bad news is that it's the wrong colour. I had ordered green. I'm likely to send it back for exchange. At least, the stock and VFG.

The other bad news is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to convert it to be California legal (I need to disconnect the side mag relase). Looks like I get to keep it disassembled until I cross the State Line.

Oh well. The exchange will give me time to ponder my options.

blkaxr1.JPG

blkaxr2.JPG

blkaxr3.JPG

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Nice one Manic! Once again I propose a ban on Americans posting and making us jealous - MODS!?!:P

Some features I've not seen on our issued Steyrs tho... aside from the top rail what's with the side mag release? Good to see it has a fluted barrel as well, what did it set you back altogether if you dont mind me askin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Meh Jose, it's only an AUG :D
    Now, if they start posting their Bleiker 6mmBR rifles from their 200-firing-point outdoor sunny ranges, I might think about it :D

Advertisement