Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heuston Station Platform 10

• 17-02-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Does anyone know if platform 10 in Heuston station is accessible to the public?
    I might try and catch a couple of IWT liners there this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No it's closed to the public and staff at Heuston have been strict on people taking photos around the station unless you have a valid ticket to be on a certain platform in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I've noticed the gate to the platform is open fairly often but i'm sure the staff wouldn't be happy if people were around there constanly taking photos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Go to "the box" at Islandbridge on the St. John's Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Nobody will say anything if you are only on the platform away from the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭h.gricer

Rud wrote: »
    I've noticed the gate to the platform is open fairly often but i'm sure the staff wouldn't be happy if people were around there constanly taking photos
    Its not so much the staff, the security personnel will ask you to leave unless you get permission from the information desk, it used to be no bother when it was in use, I took serveral photos there years ago but not in resent times, its not worth the bother. Back in the 80s I would stand outside the tunnel waiting on a Metrovick working a liner, but them days are long gone.
    As Wanderer says ''the box'' is so much better, and no permission is needed as photos and views are taken from the public road way and it is the best viewing point, why bother with the hassle of Platform 10.
    Regards
    h.gricer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GMKK96

Thanks for all the info. I didn't go after all but I did film two liners and a few ICRs elsewhere today which I will post on this site later. You got a really nice shot a while ago of an IWT liner on platform 10 Wanderer. I have been on the box in Islandbridge and didn't find it to be too good of a spot. You get some funny looks standing on the box too. I will try platform 10 some other time. I'm sure there wouldn't be much of a problem if I asked the big men in black nicely.

Advertisement