Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Port of Entry for IEC visas..?

Options
  • 11-03-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

For the IEC application (from memory) we had to declare what part of Canada we would be travelling to/intended spending most of our time - does anyone know from experience or can I assume if you fly into a different province from the one you declared, it has no impact on being issued your visa?

i.e. - your visa will be issued regardless what airport you fly into?

By the way, all the IEC info that was shared on here helped a lot with the application process and the fact lots of others shared my pain, made me feel a bit better in a perverse way!

Good luck to the other 6349 of you! Stay off the Molson... :cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

You will be issued the correct visa. Think that question was just for their records to see where most people are going to

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonaldTheDuck

Thanks Scruffy,

That's what I presumed, no harm double checking

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Yeah, I did IEC back in 2011, putting Quebec on the application as the place I intended to enter. My flight was to Toronto and it was a non-issue.

Speaking of port of entry, I'm actually thinking it'd be nice to go by boat! It's more expensive (at least twice the price of a return flight) and takes up to a fortnight on a freighter, but it'd be an experience (and no worries with luggage allowance!).

There's a port in Montreal, but there'd hardly be immigration officials there ready to give me a visa, I imagine I'd still have to head out to the airport and present the LOI there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 canadavisa

hey Ive applied for canadian working holiday visa and it has been submitted and accepted. I just am waiting on my port of entry letter now but it has been about two weeks now. Does anyone know is this a really long length of time to be waiting for it? Everyone else I'm going with have received theirs.

Advertisement