Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the wire actors did next...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jokernj

Im a latecomer to The Wire and started watching after seeing Generation Kill*
    Just started watching season 2 and pleasantly surprised to see Ziggy is played by a younger, skinnier James Ransome aka 'Ray Ray' Person.

*another contender for Best Show ever on TV

'Did you guys sing King of The Road without me?'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

McNulty a.k.a Dominic West is on the intro to Eminems new album, Relapse, as Dr West. Don't worry he doesn't rap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Stringer is in the Office (US).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Beau wrote: »
    Stringer is in the Office (US).

so was beadie from the docks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

evil_seed wrote: »
    so was beadie from the docks

She was also fantastic in gone baby gone.The best thing about a superb film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but just saw Frank Sobotka in True Blood on Fx, as a police chief. Still bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

I just saw Public Enemies in the cinema and the Judge Phelan and Herc were in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭browne_rob5

Jokernj wrote: »
    Im a latecomer to The Wire and started watching after seeing Generation Kill*

Sorry this is OT but do you know if Generation Kill is airing on FX or Channel 4 or any other channel for that matter again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Clarke Peters aka Lester Freamon has been in Holby City recently. Bit of a strange one that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Does anybody watch Oz? the amount of actors in it that are in the wire is unreal. For those of you who love the wire i highly reccemond OZ 6 series gritty prison drama absolutely brilliant!:D

beats prison break handsdown and i used to love prison break ( well series one and 2 anyway:p)

watch it you wont regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lots of The Wire actors starting to show up in the CSI shows now, Cutty was a lab tech in CSI: Miami last week and Omar was in CSI:NY recently as a criminal I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

seanie500 wrote: »
    Does anybody watch Oz? the amount of actors in it that are in the wire is unreal. For those of you who love the wire i highly reccemond OZ 6 series gritty prison drama absolutely brilliant!:D

beats prison break handsdown and i used to love prison break ( well series one and 2 anyway:p)

watch it you wont regret it!

I've actually just started watching it yesterday. So far I've already seen Bodie and Burrell.

Not sure where SWAT (Colin Farrell) fits into the timeline of The Wire but Herc and Carcettis Adviser(Chief of staff) or whatever is in SWAT..

I'm pretty sure there is somebody else aswell from Season 5 but I just can't put my finger on it..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

More really "What 'The Wire' actors did before' but if you check out Larry Clark's barely-ever-released "Ken Park", you'll see a lot more of James Ransone (Ziggy) than you probably ever wanted to see and whatever you imagine I mean by that, you're probably only halfway there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Herc was in an episode of Entourage

deisedude wrote: »

He was in 3 or 4 episodes in the last series and popped up again in 1 episode in the new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    He was in 3 or 4 episodes in the last series and popped up again in 1 episode in the new series.

I'm not a huge fan of entourage, i've only seen the odd episode so i'l take your word for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bacon bites

Frank Sobotka was in Criminal Minds last week, took train passengers hostage. Good ep actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

deisedude wrote: »

Just saw the last episode of Entourage with Herc in it, the one shown on RTE2, he's perfect as E and Vince's recidivist friend, Dom, a complete bonehead. Funnily enough, in the same episdoe was Spiros, or the guy who played him, as a movie director named Alan, who has a heart attack on the golf course. These wire-heads are everywhere.

• Advertisement

fisgon wrote: »
    Just saw the last episode of Entourage with Herc in it, the one shown on RTE2, he's perfect as E and Vince's recidivist friend, Dom, a complete bonehead. Funnily enough, in the same episdoe was Spiros, or the guy who played him, as a movie director named Alan, who has a heart attack on the golf course. These wire-heads are everywhere.

Ya Spiros was in a good few episodes in the last couple of series, its always weird seeing any of The Wire actors out of Baltimore!

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    its always weird seeing any of The Wire actors out of Baltimore!

Too true..

I won't be able to watch Daniels the same way in Lost again..it was so weird when I first saw him in The Wire...it talks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The last few films I've seen all had Wire actors in it:

Prom Night: Idris Elba and Ziggy as partners (Cops)
    Nick & Norahs Infinite Playlist: Frankie Faison
    The Unborn: Idris Elba
    Marley and Me: Clarke Peters

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Frank Sobotka was in Criminal Minds last week, took train passengers hostage. Good ep actually!

Frank Sobotka also plays a cop in the series "True Blood".

anyone spot the cameo by Richard Belzer (Sgt. John Munch from Homicide).. he's sitting at the bar in one the early episodes of Season 5, arguing with the bartender over his tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Stringer Bell was in CSI Miami on 3E last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

The missus is watching Mercy (S01E07) & Carver appear as a pOlice - in uniform.

Oh, and Judge (I'd love to throw a fcuk in that) Phelan is in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Scott Templeton is in the new 2012 film, and he still has a face you want to punch!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

Idris Elba is in the american office season 5 and the docklands security cop from season 2(the one who try to tame McNulty) she is in it 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Commissioner Burrell in this week's [US] Grey's Anatomy as Dr. Bailey's father

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Strings got a part in the new Thor movie.

Advertisement