Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ferries from France to Spain

Options
  • 29-03-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My husband and I are looking for a ferry that goes from France to Spain in the middle of July. We will be sailing into France on the 14th of July and would like to save some driving time by getting another ferry to Spain or even to Portugal. LD lines used have a ferry that went from France to Northern Spain but it has recently been suspended. Does anyone know of any other ferry company that offers this type of service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

My husband and I are looking for a ferry that goes from France to Spain in the middle of July. We will be sailing into France on the 14th of July and would like to save some driving time by getting another ferry to Spain or even to Portugal. LD lines used have a ferry that went from France to Northern Spain but it has recently been suspended. Does anyone know of any other ferry company that offers this type of service?

I don't think there is a ferry anymore. A nice way of going non stop. Two long days of driving will get you to The North of Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

This is currently being displayed when you first land on the LDLines website :

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Has been suspended for good reason....
    From Wiki entry for Norman Atlantic

"Rear Admiral John Lang, formerly Chief Inspector at Britain's Marine Accident Investigation Branch, said the emergency, under freezing stormy conditions at night “challenges many of the established conventions and wisdom on how a mass rescue should be conducted.” He said that, in the course of the investigation, the right rather than the convenient conclusions should be drawn, adding "Rarely has the outcome of a comprehensive and thorough investigation been more important for improving safety at sea."/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]53[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff
    A Turkish passenger reported having seen illegal Afghan immigrants, who had boarded the ship concealed in a lorry, having lit a fire at the ship's garage to keep themselves warm, as the probable cause of the disaster./COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]54[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff
    Preliminary underwater inspections of the Norman Atlantic revealed that the water intake pipes of the fire sprinkler system were clogged with mussels; additional inspections are necessary to determine if this blockage contributed to the fire's spreading./COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]55[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff Although the voyage data recorder (black box) has been recovered, still by mid-March no data have been extracted, apparently because the heat of the fire caused the plastic to melt onto the hard disk...."

Advertisement