Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ugh, my heart is in my mouth. Why do I always have to take risks right before I go to bed!? I won't know how it turns out until the morning but I won't be able to sleep easy until I know. Grumble grumble.

Today was SUCH a delightfully sunny day. Sandwiches and ice cream in Stephen's Green tomorrow for lunch if this keeps up! :D

What did you do ? :-p

I love microwave popcorn.....a bit too much :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Celebrated six months with my OH today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Online dating is extremely difficult when you judge boys on their spelling and punctuation rather than what they're actually saying..

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Doubt that happens much.

There is a difference between someone just being a poor speller with poor grammar and people who use text speak deliberately.

The former is forgiveable. The later is cringeworthy.

What genuinely makes me cringe is when I see people that have listed some form of education as their profession and use text speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Doubt that happens much.

There is a difference between someone just being a poor speller with poor grammar and people who use text speak deliberately.

you=u
    your=ur
    though=tho
    too=2

stuff like that is fine if its a short text or you're writing in a hurry, but the "omg,hd a gud tym lst nite babez cnt wait 2 c u agn lol xxxxXXxX"=instaturnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Doubt that happens much.

Well it's a matter of opinion really, whether it's forgivable or not. Personally, I find bad spelling in general a turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Novella wrote: »
    Well it's a matter of opinion really, whether it's forgivable or not. Personally, I find bad spelling in general a turn off.

My sentiments exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has anyone here tried the Raspberry Kopparberg? It's awesome, so so good.

Watching "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" decent program, seems funny when you've had a few drinkies.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Not gonna lie, sitting here waiting for new Mad Men. There's ages to go yet but I'm SO EXCITED!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jealous! What beach did you go to?

Myself and my boyfriend went to Dollymount Strand last year on one of our first dates, was an awesome day, lying by the beach on a hot day, ahh bliss.
    Dollymount strand. :pac:
    Only live about 20 minutes walk to the seafront. :)

I've never been to Galway but after such nice descriptions of it in this thread I'll have to pop over at some stage. (plus I hear there is cake..) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Posy wrote: »
    I've never been to Galway but after such nice descriptions of it in this thread I'll have to pop over at some stage. (plus I hear there is cake..) :cool:
    It's made of cake. Acoshla lives here. ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Still up doing this project, wanted to get it finished by today, but not a hope of it now - didn't realise the amount of work that was in it. Gone back to my tried and trusted method of getting stuff done - West Wing playing and a late night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I know for definite tonight, I love him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Novella wrote: »

It's probably because I'm a grammar Nazi by profession but bad grammar is the biggest turn off. I have a friend on Facebook who constantly uses he's instead of his and it gets me far angrier than it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

So tired!! Night shift hurry up & be over already, 9am is just there, I can see it, but tis crawling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Went to sleep at 4am...made it to my 9am lecture....

35dnc1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was just out in my garden and saw a beautiful crescent moon beside one really bright star and had to marvel at how wonderful the sky looked. :)
    I love the moon. I love the rhythm of it, new moon, crescent moon, half moon, full moon... new moon, crescent moon and so on forever... I find the moon very comforting. :o

The star close to the moon is Jupiter! Apparently for the last month, Jupiter, Venus and the moon have been really close together in the sky. Lovely!

What makes me happy today: I got completely stressed out yesterday when we realised that I was entitled to get a whole pile of money on the birth of the baby, and I didn't know about it so of course I never filled out the forms (me being a foreigner and no-one telling you things). Got on to the social welfare there now, and apparently I can get the money backdated, phew!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have to take tomorrow off work to look after the baby because he has a sticky eye. The little funboy is in otherwise fine fettle though, I just got a text from fellow parent to say that he just said, "Daddy I piggled in the tent, okay?"

The ensuing hysterics from Mike made the poor chap burst into tears.

Aw. <3 He has now informed Daddy that he has no interest in ever using the toilet but will consider the bath as an alternative. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

With my lovely man 6 years soon,
    Time flies huh ?

Thinking of this because I kinda wanna go to the registry office and tie the knot before herself is born, so she could have what I never had growing up.
    I know i wanna be with this man forever, he has been my friend since primary school and my lover since i was 18 but the other half of me who has been saving for 4 years for my wedding Italy wants to wait till i finish my degree.
    hmmm pesky decisions.

javagal wrote: »
    Time flies huh ?

Thinking of this because I kinda wanna go to the registry office and tie the knot before herself is born, so she could have what I never had growing up.
    I know i wanna be with this man forever, he has been my friend since primary school and my lover since i was 18 but the other half of me who has been saving for 4 years for my wedding Italy wants to wait till i finish my degree.
    hmmm pesky decisions.

You could do the civil ceremony for the official-ness but do the big wedding in Italy after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, I had two dates this weekend. Didn't fancy either of them in the least frown.gif The second guy has, since 10am this morning, sent me not one, not two, not three, not even four but FIVE pictures of his, erm, manhood. What the hell is wrong with people???!!! He didn't even get a snog off me and he thinks I want to look at pictures of his willy first thing on a Monday morning???

Bleurgh!

javagal wrote: »
    Time flies huh ?

hmmm pesky decisions.

You could do the civil ceremony for the official-ness but do the big wedding in Italy after!
    Very true, it was only gonna be a small wedding abroad for my nearest and dearest, couldn't expect that expense of anyone. Kinda wanna be able to pay for all my familys flights to cut down costs for them.
    weddings are mostly for other people though aren't they? marriage is the whole point, but somehow people over shadow that commitment by wondering what band you'll have,

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, I had two dates this weekend. Didn't fancy either of them in the least frown.gif The second guy has, since 10am this morning, sent me not one, not two, not three, not even four but FIVE pictures of his, erm, manhood. What the hell is wrong with people???!!! He didn't even get a snog off me and he thinks I want to look at pictures of his willy first thing on a Monday morning???

Bleurgh!
    oh my god!

ring your network and bar that pervert from contacting you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Dollymount strand. :pac:
    Only live about 20 minutes walk to the seafront. :)

Another fab day here today. Everyone is so much happier when it's sunny. Hop in a car and come down today.

I think I'm gonna wander out to Salthill for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Bleurgh!

I guess he just took this at face value...

funny-picture-779230854.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bleurgh!

lol
    "sorry but i left my magnifying glass at home. now fcuk off and dont text me again"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I was just limbering up to send him the oul "I don't think there was any spark" message too.

I think it may be slightly too late for that now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement