Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League S14

• 13-12-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Div 1
    Fight club 48ers
    Forza Juve
    polk high
    everyone likes a tryer
    Scorched Earth
    Cill Dara RFC
    Geraldine RFC
    Bogwarriors

Div 2
    Battai Bátor Bulldogok RK
    couch potatoes
    Mauling Bear
    Toronto Rucks
    Wandering Wanderers
    bjd panthers
    grubber rfc
    Lunster

Div 3
    front row fairies
    ladyboys
    Curly Sue Death Squad
    Gideons
    men who stare at goats
    monkstown rfc
    kilsough South Warriors
    Westside

Div 4
    East Coast Tinders
    Fingal Physicians
    Rath Rugby Club
    Reaper RFC
    Rahoon wild
    mehtastic
    Nenagh Ormond
    Dread0s

Div 5
    newcastle west
    Ulster trials
    Revan RFC
    The Slashers
    Naul Ownland Saints
    Casey's Guinness
    Nanjing RFC
    westmen

Rules of the league are simple. Straight league format with home and away ties from week 1-14 of the season. On Thursdays so no need to worry about fitness, intensity or injuries. Each league has two promotion and two relegation spots (barring 1 and 5 obviously). Non-acceptance of a fixture results in a 2 point reduction. trophies for slots 1-3 in each division (trophies for last years div 4 teams are slightly delayed currently).

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fixtures are up for this week (W1) so get accepting!. More fixtures will be up later in the week.

There is a website, I just need to find the link and more importantly update it as it is a couple of seasons out of date due to me taking last season off.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Newcastle West in the first round, Seanand the bastage.. your goin down!

Ill gladly help out and set the fixtures and do the results on the googledocs page for Div 5 if needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

TheJims wrote: »
    Newcastle West in the first round, Seanand the bastage.. your goin down!

Ill gladly help out and set the fixtures and do the results on the googledocs page for Div 5 if needed?

haha good one, bring it on!!

ill predict my results for the season, a clean sweep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

mar-z wrote: »
    trophies for slots 1-3 in each division (trophies for last years div 4 teams are slightly delayed currently).

Enjoy!

And Div 3! well i don't see my trophy yet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Let me know what trophies you want and I can do some over the weekend... did I ever send you the ones for last season?:confused:

• Advertisement

TheWex wheres TheQuote

70 mins and its safe to say its one win down vs TheJims

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Had been cruising away against fight club 48ers but he brought it back to within 6 points in last few mins. Held out for the win though, first time beating him on fourth attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Epic game against Couch Potatoes, 43-52 win for the Rucks.... Epic game

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Phonehead wrote: »
    Epic game against Couch Potatoes, 43-52 win for the Rucks.... Epic game

Could have went either way well done.

• Advertisement

Davyboy what can I say! No idea how that was won after being 30 points down.

53-49 is definetly one of the highest scoring games I've been involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

After my win tonight, i already have more wins than in last seasons boards league. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

FUDGE!

I spent far too long going "since when are friendlies played on a Wednesday?!" D'oh!

When did requests go out? I'm pretty sure I checked my cup results and friendly requests last night.

Edit: Just checked, are there meant to be requests in for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Bogwarriors didn't accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

naughty boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Didn't have a game last night but i did accept so free points can't remember who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

threw a game away. completely forgot and ended up losing by 8 in a game I could of won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Let me know what trophies you want and I can do some over the weekend... did I ever send you the ones for last season?:confused:

Nope, never got my trophy for winning Div 3 last year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    Nope, never got my trophy for winning Div 3 last year. :(
    he meant the files with pictures... not assigning them!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Div 5
    newcastle west
    Ulster trials
    Revan RFC
    The Slashers
    Naul Ownland Saints
    Casey's Guinness
    Nanjing RFC
    westmen

Newcastle west beat Revan 37 -24. Both scored 4 or more tries.
    Ulster Trials beat my slashers 47 - 38, and again we both scored at least 4 try's.
    I checked the other 4 teams and none of them played, so what goes on there? presuming they ain't regular boards users and didn't check friendlies. What happens with points? etc..:confused:

Anyway, Newcastle and Ulster both on 5 points, with Revan and Slashers on 1 each.

:cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks macslash

Firstly, week 2 and 3 fixtures are up so accept them asap!!

I will work on the tables, etc. once I fugure out who didn't accept their games. If you accepted and the other didn't let me know here. I only need your own team name I can check who you were supposed to play. Unfortunately as people obviously don't check blackout or here as obsessively as some of us 6 games didn't get played. As the fixtures were only up 2 days before and everyone is on zero no points deduction will be made but it will be put down as a 20-0 loss as usual.

ill mail all the teams in d5 so they know to accept

Fewcifur wrote: »
    When did requests go out? I'm pretty sure I checked my cup results and friendly requests last night.

Edit: Just checked, are there meant to be requests in for next week?

Request went out last Tuesday for week 1 (just before I posted they were up on here) so yours should have been there when checking cup results.

I'm sure you know Fewi but for others the fixtures show up in the "friendlies" tab of the "my club" page under "Boards Cup Lite".

Fixtures are up for w2 and 3 now

Cheers Wex. You sent me the ones for two seasons ago when we had three divisions. As I was away last season I don't think anyone thought of the trophies for div.4 (unless you did and thats what you are talking about, in which case I never got them)

We need 3 trophies for div 4 and 5 each. I'm drawing a blank on design myself right now.

If anyone else wants to give trophies a shot they are welcome to do so too, I almost feel bad always getting you to do them!
    crisco10 wrote:
    Nope, never got my trophy for winning Div 3 last year.

I'll award the trophies for leagues 1-3 this weekend. League 4 will have to wait a bit longer unfortunately.

Results W1 (provisional)

Div 1:

Fight Club 48ers 24 30 Polk High
    Forza Juve 44 20 Everyone Likes...
    Scorched Earth 20 0 Bogwarriors
    Geraldine RFC ? ? Cill Dara RFC

Polk High started strong with a 5 point win away but Fight Clubmanaged to salvage some pride with a bonus point loss. Forza Juve got the 5 at home against ELAT, while Bogwarriors didn't actually start yet so go down 20-0 to Scorched Earth by default. Last match is waiting to see who defaulted.

Div 2:
    Couch Potatoes 43 52 Toronto Rucks
    Grubber RFC 53 49 BJD Panthers
    Battai Bátor B... 29 32 Mauling Bear
    Wandering Wand... 15 36 Lunster

Bonus point wins away for Toronto Rucks and Mauling Bear (so cute when couples do things together) and at home for Grubber. Lunster take for their win while both the Panthers and Battai take 2 points each despite losing. Couch potatoes got a bonus for tries scored leaving the Wanderers wandering how they are the only team here on zero*

Div 3:
    Ladyboys 33 52 Gideons
    Men Who Stare ... 28 16 Westside
    Kilsough South... 27 23 Monkstown RFC
    FRF 20 0 CSDS

Gideons romped home 8 tries away from home 8 tries away from home against the Ladyboys while MWSAG got the home bonus point win against Westside. Kilsough won at home but no bonus point for them while they couldn't deny one to Monkstown. CSDS didn't acceptand the Fairies boss has since started a war of words calling Fewcifur a chicken, we await with baited breath the inevitable escalation from the (so far imagined) "I'm rubber you're glue" response.

Div 4:
    Fingal Physici... 15 46 Reaper RFC
    Rahoon Wild 26 50 Dread0s
    Nenagh Ormond 27 19 Mehtastic
    East Coast Tinders 0 20 Rath Rugby Club

Bonus point away wins for Reaper, Dread0s and (by default) Rath. Actually satory you were Beltra before renaming the team to Reapers right? It's annoying me that I can't remember. Nenagh Ormond got the 4 points in their game against Mehtastic. Only Rahoon Wild salavaged a bonus point from the losing sides.

Div 5:
    Newcastle West 37 24 Revan RFC
    Ulster Trials 47 38 Slashers
    Naul Ownland Saints ? ? westmen
    Nanjing RFC ? ? Casey's Guinness

As macslash said two bonus point wins and a bonus point each to the losing sides. Two games not played but I have to figure out who didn't accept before I can sort the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

mar-z wrote: »
    Actually satory you were Beltra before renaming the team to Reapers right? It's annoying me that I can't remember.

Got it in one....

I renamed at the start of last season...

nice read mar z and yaaay if i dont at least come 2nd in d5 im might as well retire:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Heh heh, what happens if both teams didn't show up? Refund the fans their tickets? :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Heh heh, what happens if both teams didn't show up? Refund the fans their tickets? :)

:D

I'm going to put both teams down as losing 20-0 for now. Not that realistic but what can you do.

• Advertisement

if you want marz i can mail more people during the week next week? to make sure for 100% for acceptance and then theres no excuse for non acceptance and we will have to think of replacing it

Advertisement