Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NutriBullet question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    But, I don't see why you couldn't make a juice with it ...
    I see your point alright but juicing is about squeezing the juice out of the fruit/veg. Blending, just oblitherates it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Oh right yeah, of course! Well, I guess blending is better as you're getting more of the fruit. And if I want it juice consistency I can just add water.

Very addicted to the ease with which it can be used. Very very easy to whip up a fruit drink now!

Oh right yeah, of course! Well, I guess blending is better as you're getting more of the fruit. And if I want it juice consistency I can just add water.

Very addicted to the ease with which it can be used. Very very easy to whip up a fruit drink now!

True yes. But for some reason juice is better for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Bought this one off Amazon a few weeks ago.

Over 744 5 star reviews, fraction of the price of a nutribullet. I'm very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What exact model of Ninja is avalaible over the counter in Ireland? ..is it a 900W model too?

I've had my eye on a Ninja for quite a while, but the price of the model in Argos seemed to be creeping higher and higher, last time I checked.

Just to add, does anyone use it for 'savoury' smoothies, as in, vegetables without fruit. Stuff like broccoli etc..?

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    What exact model of Ninja is avalaible over the counter in Ireland? ..is it a 900W model too?

I've had my eye on a Ninja for quite a while, but the price of the model in Argos seemed to be creeping higher and higher, last time I checked.

Just to add, does anyone use it for 'savoury' smoothies, as in, vegetables without fruit. Stuff like broccoli etc..?

I'd usually mix. 2/3 veg 1/3 fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Amalgam wrote: »

There is nearly €32 off in argos right now. €98.09

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3796586/Trail/searchtext%3ENUTRI+NINJA.htm

Argos had another one which I think could be left turned on. I have the one I linked which must be pushed down for it to work, and held down. But it only takes seconds so is not really an issue for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I see your point alright but juicing is about squeezing the juice out of the fruit/veg. Blending, just oblitherates it

That's just being pointlessly pedantic.

That's just being pointlessly pedantic.

No it's not. Shut why bother make juicers then? Why is there a market for them?

No it's not. Shut why bother make juicers then? Why is there a market for them?
    Because some people only want the juice, while others want the pulp as well.

• Advertisement

Because some people only want the juice, while others want the pulp as well.

So the only difference is pulp? Go back asleep will you.
    The taste is completely different also. A small factor to consider.

Yes of course the only difference is pulp. The whole purpose of a juicer is to remove the pulp, that's what defines a juicer! Where as a blender doesn't remove the pulp.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is a huge juicing and detox industry, same as a huge dieting industry, doesn't mean it makes sense. These blend so finely it may as well just be the juice :p

Yes of course the only difference is pulp. The whole purpose of a juicer is to remove the pulp, that's what defines a juicer! Where as a blender doesn't remove the pulp.

So if you get a fine sieve and remove the pulp then the liquid left over tastes the exact same as a juicer juice? No it doesn't because I've tried. It's not even close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

A colleague told me to get a Nutri Bullet as it would 'change my life'

Will it? :)

No. It's a blender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Does the Ninja have one bigger cup than the nutria ?

The ninja comes with two cups. A smaller one for one person and a larger one for 2. Will check exact sizes and post exacts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The ninja comes with two cups. A smaller one for one person and a larger one for 2. Will check exact sizes and post exacts

500ml and 650ml, as far as I can recall.. :p

True yes. But for some reason juice is better for you
    I usually hear the opposite being said/claimed, that the liquidised food is better as you get the fibre. It can be more filling too so better for people dieting. It would be more like soup which studies have shown to be very satisfying hunger wise.

rubadub wrote: »
    I usually hear the opposite being said/claimed, that the liquidised food is better as you get the fibre. It can be more filling too so better for people dieting. It would be more like soup which studies have shown to be very satisfying hunger wise.
    That sounds a lot like the nutrition bullet ad.
    Slow pressed juice is better for you. It's not a competition though. Both are good. It's better than drinking a bottle of coke

• Advertisement

Slow pressed juice is better for you.
    And that sounds like a juicing machine advert...

The big difference I have noticed is that far more non-marketing people seem to argue that blended fruit & veg is better than juiced.

I have rarely heard anybody without an obvious vested interest saying that juicing is better -unless its being able to stomach foods which you find horrendous tasting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That sounds a lot like the nutrition bullet ad.
    Slow pressed juice is better for you. It's not a competition though. Both are good. It's better than drinking a bottle of coke

No it doesn't, its obvious and makes sense. The only possible thing to be said for juicing is that some small amount of nutrients gets attached to insoluble fibre with blending. With juicing people often have more spikes in blood sugar and unstable blood sugar levels so yo gotta be careful with that. There's not much difference I just lol at fanatics. But sure people can cold and slow press all they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭worded

Couldnt decide on nutri bullet, I opted for the ninja bullet and regret it now.

Can't find the ninja bullet anywhere in the kitchen.
    I hides so well amongst the other kitchen utensils

worded wrote: »
    Couldnt decide on nutri bullet, I opted for the ninja bullet and regret it now.

Can't find the ninja bullet anywhere in the kitchen.
    I hides so well amongst the other kitchen utensils

LOL

You know what is another obvious advantage to something as handy as the Bullet, but I don't think it has been mentioned, is that it's so handy to use and clean that you can make a variety of juices at once, so you are less Inclined to get bored with your juices.

Tonight I made: Apple and Pear, Orange, Pineapple, cherry and coconut water with mint, Apple and BlackBerry and Orange, strawberry, coconut water and mint. Different ones for myself and OH for tomorrow morning and afternoon

LOL

You know what is another obvious advantage to something as handy as the Bullet, but I don't think it has been mentioned, is that it's so handy to use and clean that you can make a variety of juices at once, so you are less Inclined to get bored with your juices.

Tonight I made: Apple and Pear, Orange, Pineapple, cherry and coconut water with mint, Apple and BlackBerry and Orange, strawberry, coconut water and mint. Different ones for myself and OH for tomorrow morning and afternoon
    Very high in sugar. You should really look into adding some veg into that mix

Very high in sugar. You should really look into adding some veg into that mix

Adding veg to it won't reduce the sugar.

Adding veg to it won't reduce the sugar.

If you leave out some fruit and replace it with veg then yes, it will reduce it

Yes, I was thinking it Was high in sugar, but was also wondering if they are okay for morning time for energy and pre workout for same?

The one I normally have in mornings is spinach, cucumber, blueberries, ginger, banana and pineapple which is obviously a lot healthier, but not as tasty. Having a bit of fun with the ninja this week as it's new to us, so making lots of nice smoothies, but know ill have to go back to the healthier ones next week.

Though does anyone know if high sugar is okay in morning or 45mins before a workout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Yes, I was thinking it Was high in sugar, but was also wondering if they are okay for morning time for energy and pre workout for same?

The one I normally have in mornings is spinach, cucumber, blueberries, ginger, banana and pineapple which is obviously a lot healthier, but not as tasty. Having a bit of fun with the ninja this week as it's new to us, so making lots of nice smoothies, but know ill have to go back to the healthier ones next week.

Though does anyone know if high sugar is okay in morning or 45mins before a workout

Why not just have a bottle of lemonade if you're looking for sugar...

Advertisement