Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Autumn Sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Will try to avoid buying anything until Christmas, honestly feel like I'm throwing money away at this stage, I own loads of games I'll never play. It is very, very hard to say no to well-received games that are under €5 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so i presume i get ready bottle of lube at around usual 18:00?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

so i presume i get ready bottle of lube at around usual 18:00?

Eww.........yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So it starts today?? Sweet. I still haven't played most of the games I bought in the last sale but I won't let that slow me down! Credit card cleared and ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

An Autumn sale in Winter? They should re-name it to the 'Steam Pre-Christmas Sale' as we will have a Steam Christmas Sale and then after that a Post-Christmas Sale :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Jaysus I'm gonna have to severely rebel against the urge to purchase. I'm stuck into XCOM at the moment and have Walking Dead and Torchlight II ongoing at the moment.

I figured I'd play them til Christmas then pick up a few things in the sale, must try to keep away from Steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I reckon STEAM will draw in as many punters as possible with a big discount on either Dishonored or Borderlands 2 on the first day of the sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Falthyron wrote: »
    I reckon STEAM will draw in as many punters as possible with a big discount on either Dishonored or Borderlands 2 on the first day of the sale...

A Dishonoured discount would be really cool. 50% off would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

civilnug wrote: »
    Jaysus I'm gonna have to severely rebel against the urge to purchase. I'm stuck into XCOM at the moment and have Walking Dead and Torchlight II ongoing at the moment.

I figured I'd play them til Christmas then pick up a few things in the sale, must try to keep away from Steam!

Wait! You play them as you buy them? And don't buy more until you finish what you have? What kind of crazy idea is this? :)

So this is just the Black Friday Sale like Amazon and all are doing.

When was the Christmas Sale last year? Was it in the lead up to or after the 25th? Or did they have it over Christmas including Christmas Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,631 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

An Autumn sale in Winter? They should re-name it to the 'Steam Pre-Christmas Sale' as we will have a Steam Christmas Sale and then after that a Post-Christmas Sale :pac:

Its not really an autumn sale its more like their thanksgiving sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

titan18 wrote: »
    A Dishonoured discount would be really cool. 50% off would be nice

I doubt we would see 50%, more likely 33%. I remember last year's sale included MW3 and Skyrim reduced by 33% during the Xmas sale.

Hope if they do the flash deals the same way where people vote on them, that there's more variety this time since last time had the same ones coming up again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wait! You play them as you buy them? And don't buy more until you finish what you have? What kind of crazy idea is this? :)

When was the Christmas Sale last year? Was it in the lead up to or after the 25th? Or did they have it over Christmas including Christmas Day?

If i remember correctly it started a few days before christmas day and ran up until around new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

CastorTroy wrote: »

Got a new PC last week so just have these 3 installed but there's a whole sh*t load of games I've bought in previous sales and not even downloaded. This is my fear!

civilnug wrote: »
    Got a new PC last week so just have these 3 installed but there's a whole sh*t load of games I've bought in previous sales and not even downloaded. This is my fear!

Oh, that's okay. carry on then. :p
    I was in the same boat at Summer. first Steam Sale since upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I suppose I'll pick up The Walking Dead now that episode five is out (hear that Valve? Episode five). It's been reduced to €15 a couple of times in the past, so it'll probably be that price again.

$12.49 ON AMAZON.COM at the moment ;)
    http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Online-Game-Code/dp/B007WWW2C8/?tag=jungl05-20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah Jesus, not another one. Ugh, I suppose I could survive on nothing but cold porridge for the winter...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Rather puzzled, because is not the whole aim of Steam sales to collect as many games as possible, never play them, and get the badge for this achievement?

Manach wrote: »
    Rather puzzled, because is not the whole aim of Steam sales to collect as many games as possible, never play them, and get the badge for this achievement?

Don't forget the badges for voting on every game and other such important achievements. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wasn't there a 1-day sale around this time last year? Just wondering if it will a full blown week long sale, or a shorter one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Steam is like an expensive game of Pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, what are the chances of dark souls being around 20eu on sale?

i think ill cancel the zavii order as like always their dispatch and stock problems got on my tits. ordered sunday and still not even dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Polar101

Steam is like an expensive game of Pokémon.

But it's 75% off!

I wish they'd sell hard drive space too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Polar101

lads, what are the chances of dark souls being around 20eu on sale?

I think it was 27 euro last week (possibly €29.99?) so I guess we might see that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Dark souls was only 14 euro on Amazon.com about 2 weeks ago so watch out for it again this week . It's still on simplygames.com too for 15 GBP.

Well time to go home and have a nosey at what I shouldn't really buy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nothing of interest for me today.

Walking Dead is €12.50 and XCOM is -33% for €33.50 for those interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Darksiders 2 for 16.99. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Loads of decent deals today, it's lucky i already own the ones that interested me :)

Terraria is there for 3.39 - that's a great little game for that price too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nice reductions on Intrusion 2, Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, QUBE and Anna for those who haven't already picked them up.

Advertisement