Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Thank you for taking time to read, I ate
    homemade veg soup and another potato,
    muller light and 2 mandarins
    and a nature valley bar(10 syns)

So I probably am doing ok foodwise?

Day 5 today and not as hungry, ate loads fruit, veg, eggs, porridge(hexb) milk (hexa) sugar free jelly, muller lights and sw chips yum
    Turkey burger(homemade) syns to be calculated.

Love this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I find I need to eat a lot on the plan.

I do quite a bit of body magic, I just never really include it when I think about my food!

Determined to have a good few days now to weigh in day, had an awful two days there, not enough superfree foods, etc.

Just hope this chocolate/sugar cravings don't get too bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

noah45 wrote: »
    Thank you for taking time to read, I ate
    homemade veg soup and another potato,
    muller light and 2 mandarins
    and a nature valley bar(10 syns)

So I probably am doing ok foodwise?

Day 5 today and not as hungry, ate loads fruit, veg, eggs, porridge(hexb) milk (hexa) sugar free jelly, muller lights and sw chips yum
    Turkey burger(homemade) syns to be calculated.

Love this forum

Urrrgghh feicin Boards! I had a whole big thing written out and the site went wonky on me. The internetz is trying to tell me I talk too much :pac:

Yeah sounds good but how did you do the eggs? Fried would have to be syned unless you used Fry Light.

Don't forget you can use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil as a B healthy extra but alot of folks would rather the two slices of bread in a sandwich instead.

I'm sure you could make the turkey burger to be free like if you made a home made lean mince burger it would be free? Or is there anything special ya gotta do with the turkey :D

Was the nature bar worth the 10 syns though? Seems steep for a healthy bar!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I find I need to eat a lot on the plan.

Just hope this chocolate/sugar cravings don't get too bad!!

My Mother was concerned I had worms because I was flat out eating all the time :pac: but it was all the good stuff.

If you have a sweet tooth you can compromise and get your sugar cravings from smaller sources....packets of sweets! Few examples:

Syn value for 1 sweet

After Eight 2
    Barley Sugar 1.5
    Chocolate Eclairs 2
    Marshmallow 1
    Liquorice Allsorts 1
    Fruit Pastilles 0.5
    Fruit gums 0.5
    Cola Bottles 0.5

Now wouldn't be good idea to buy roll of each so you could have a pick n mix for yourself as it would definitely all be ate in my house! :D
    But if you had a roll of fruit pastilles(only 0.5 each) then you could pop one sweet every hour and still have syns left over at night! Now that's what I call spreading yer syns wisely :pac:

I used frylight for the eggs and the turkey burger is lean turkey mince, garlic, chillie, ginger, red and green diced peppers all bound with egg white, I oven baked them so no added fat/oil
    DaisyM does them similar I see

Nature valley bars 200 cals for the 2 bars in a pack, so 10 syns. They are full of sugar really.

Sweets are shocking high in syns, one just wouldn't do me more like 30. 1 mallow = 1 syn ? omg

I usually crave sweets things at ttom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Noah where did you get the lean turkey mince? Dunnes near me dont have it and the one my local tesco onlt has the lean one once in a blue moon. I think I might invest in a mincer. I think lidl gets them in every now and again, I wonder would food processor do the trick. I love turkey burgers nom nom!

I get it in aldi all the time. Love the burgers .

today
    porridge
    mandarin
    muller light

2 hardboiled eggs
    apple
    slice pineapple

chicken
    potato
    carrots
    turnip
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    rice pudding with muller and raspberries

I'm taking it that this is fine for EE

Yeah, see my problem is, have one, want another 5.

But at the moment, after having a good day and plan to do so until weigh in day tuesday. I'm hoping it will make up for the two naughty days I had!!

I'd love just to sts or be one pound down!
    :)

Best of luck everyone this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Had my weigh in last nite. lost 3.5 this week. DELIGHTED :D

now only 3 pound to my first target of reachin 10 stone. and 2.5 to having lost half a stone. Will be happy if i get there over the next 2 weeks.

Hope everyones weigh ins go well and thanks for the encouragement last week!

Its only this week I feel I am getting back on track after christmas, weekends have been a killer. Anyway enough with the excuses Feb is going to be a better month for me. Anyone up for a challenge. I am setting myself a 10lb target which maybe a little optomistic time will tell!!
    Well done bubsicle!!
    Has anyone got anymore recipes they would like to share? App muller light are introducing a new mint choc flavour yogurt at the start of feb. Now I havent made the muller light icecream more than a couple of times but I think this flavour would be really nice so I am looking forward to trying it.

• Advertisement

LOL Girls, i'm down one and a half pound. I mustn't of been as bad as I think! Trying to be really really good now cos i have a holliday week coming up. I'm going to see the boy in newcastle. Only have 13 pounds till i get to my personal target. I really can't believe that the pounds are coming off so easily. It really really shows how much I was overeating and having no control!

Loving getting up and getting my walk in with the wee 4 legged friend, as well as all the fruit! It really is difficult to get the time to fit all the food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bubsicle

Anyone seen that philadelpia and cadburys are bringing out a spread!! wonder what the syns will be like.

Also cannot wait for the mint muller light!! will be yummy frozen!!

I think its around 4/5 syns for the tub. I am not into choc spreads so cant see my self going for it but for people who do it would be a great low syn way to geta choc hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bubsicle wrote: »
    Anyone seen that philadelpia and cadburys are bringing out a spread!! wonder what the syns will be like.

Also cannot wait for the mint muller light!! will be yummy frozen!!

Where did you see this about philadephia and cadburys?

Yeah, i'd love if it was something like nutella!! It would be a great substitute!

I got some tesco extra light cream cheese. Eugh, it was rotten!

I did have a tuna and egg salad there for lunch, and it was lovely! :)

Dunno what to have for dinner! I'd love something with rice but i only have fish or pork!

Where did you see this about philadephia and cadburys?

I am a member of a sw group on facebook, one of the other members posted a link. Its 4 syns for 30g.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alexh

Hi everyone, just wondering if I can join? I went to my first sw class tonight, I have 2 stone 7 pounds to loose, I'd love to have this gone by mid may but not sure if this is possible. I have done weight watchers and Atkins in the past and can't seem to understand how this can work but will see. I'm very determined to do it, starting walking tomorrow.

Hi Alexh and welcome, best of luck with SW.

Just to add for anyone on facebook check out the dietmomma (sw) page. Its great loads of recipes hints and tips.

Hey Alexh! Take it easy and give yourself small milestones!

I can vouch for the last 4 weeks the weight has been falling off me and I know I haven't been sticking to it 100% but it does work! I suppose it's because of all the fruit and veggies you should be eating!

Making a chilli con carne pie with my left overs from yesterday!

Thanks for that. Maybe that is it. I hope so. Going for a 30 min walk later. I'm having pasta, red pepper, mushroom and chicken stir fry tonight. Not going to use oil as I don't know where to get that spray stuff, does anyone know where to get it? Going to flavor it with soy sauce. Does that sound ok?

• Advertisement

Well done on the brilliant losses girls.:) Hi alexh, I'm new to sw, on day 2 of 2nd week, was down 1lb then up 3lb.

I've gone mad on rice pudding- free on ee but think I'm doing the dog on it, its so yummy.

Afraid to weigh myself today. Started eating scan bran yesterday, I actually like it. Must try some of the recipies with it.

Alex you can get the spray oil in tesco/dunnes its usually with the olive oil.

Hi again noah where did you get the scanbran?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi I joined SW last week & just back from my first WI lost 4lbs wahooo so delighted with that!!

DaisyM got the scan bran in H&B, 1.99 a pack with 10 pieces in it.

Argh girls, I just had a weigh in there, I checked my scales with slimming world, I weighed the same but it says I'm 2lb up. How can this be?? In 1 day.. I'm freaking out...

Daisy M wrote: »
    Alex you can get the spray oil in tesco/dunnes its usually with the olive oil.

Hi again noah where did you get the scanbran?

Yup I get mine in Tescos too, think the Sunflower one is nicer than the extra virgin olive oil spray one.

I get the scan bran in a health food shop for €1.60 shop around those health food stores might get a better bargain! If stuck though your class should be selling them for €2
    Alexh wrote: »
    Argh girls, I just had a weigh in there, I checked my scales with slimming world, I weighed the same but it says I'm 2lb up. How can this be?? In 1 day.. I'm freaking out...

Don't worry! :) Do you have digital scales or mechanical ones? My mechanical ones are crap and don't ever read right!
    Plus your body naturally retains fluid at times and also if you get weighed in the evening time sure all the eating during the day will weigh in you. After a good breakfast/lunch/dinner sure you could have few lbs on but it's not fat...just the weight of the food, that's all! :)

I've been very good with the eating and walking and expected a good result this week and on the scales I'd put on! :( Couldn't figure it out until the next day when Mother Nature decided to remind me why. Her and her feicin water retention and all that crap :pac: So try not to worry too much there's always a reason why! :)

Thank you, I really hope that's it. You know yourself it feels like we're able to eat so much you think to yourself this can't be right. I'll keep going because so far I'm loving it.

Alex when ever I feel I have eaten way too much I do a calorie count. I always find I have eaten max 1500 calories (when I am sticking to plan) this would include using all my syns. The 1/3 fruit and veg fills you up and makes you feel you are eating more. As the protein is lean you get a fairly large portion for a couple of hundred calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

could some of you guys give a sample menue of what your eating for inspiration?Im hoping to join next week, they have a parent and toddler session in Balbriggan so I can bring my baby.:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help girls, hopefully i see results on Wed. Alot of people in my family have lost massive amounts of weight.

Sample of today for me was.

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats made with water, had grapes and blueberries with it. I tsp Sugar 1 Syn

Lunch: Mullerlight strawberry, had a bannana with it.

Snack: Cup of tea with 4 pink 'n' whites which I sinned at 10 Syns.

Dinner: noodles, mushrooms, onion and red pepper, with some soy sauce.

I measured 250ml of semi skimmed milk. So I have had 11 Syns so far.

I am new to slimming world so I'm not sure if that's good or not. Hth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement