Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

okatied wrote: »
    I found SP great. On extra Easy I was only loosing around 1lb per week but I did 2 weeks on SP and lost 4lb both weeks. I like that you can still have 2 portions of carbs every day ie rice or pasta etc and the list of fruit and veg you can eat is huge. You also get your 15 syns so you can have a glass of wine if you want in the evening.

Im afraid you are wrong, you cant have 2 portions of carbs, its 2 healthy extras, which is your fibre, like your bread, cereal etc, but the likes of your free food, eg Rice and pasta, potatoes etc is not allowed on SP days so i think you might be confused.

You arent allowed free foods on SP days, so your meals have to be made up of Speed and Protein foods only. No free yoghurts either, all food must be Speed or protein and then your healthy extras, so be very careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

So who else is hungover today? :P Last night we had a party and I ate and drank all the things, it was great :pac: Back on track now until Wednesday, I'm not going to beat myself up if I have a gain as we all need a little break sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hi again in here.

Does any one know off hand how many syns are in the muller light vanilla with cherry underlayer?

Also i hear there are a few new mullerlights (after 8s etc) bit not sure which ones are syn free?

Not been to group in a while but trying to get back on track!

Thibk they are 1.5 but ill double check for you. The mint ones you are talking about are free but not sure if you can still get them as they were limited edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So what's worse than breaking your Slimming World plan for a delicious, juicy burger and excellent chips?
    Breaking your Slimming World plan for a horrid, tasteless burger and bad chips :(
    Only option late on a Saturday evening on the road. Feck it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Broke plan all weekend, but it was worth it :)
    Fingers crossed I can pull it back for a maintain but if I do have a gain at least I'll know why!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have been trying red days for the last few days so will keep doing it till weigh in and see where it takes me. 1/2 lb to go till my 4 & 1/2 stone award... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Down 4.

In total now I've lost the same as a small punching bag

(And I enjoyed my chipper fish and chips on Friday too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Well done everyone on your losses this week! I missed weigh in tonight because of my gallbladder surgery but I'm hoping to weigh in Wednesday! I can't wait to get on the road to target now that I'm over my operation!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Well done everyone on your losses this week! I missed weigh in tonight because of my gallbladder surgery but I'm hoping to weigh in Wednesday! I can't wait to get on the road to target now that I'm over my operation!

Glad you're recovering well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Got a speadsheet online and I've entered all my weigh ins. Really good to see it laid out like that. Gives me some stats too.

Since starting I've lost 17.6% of my body weight and my BMI (although useless) has dropped 8 points

That's impressive Dodge! The SW online tracker graph is pretty good too. It's pretty satisfying to watch that line go down! I've been well on track since Sunday, I hope it's enough to undo Saturday's shenanigans :P

When I started losing weight, my BMI started as 44.6 (morbidly obese) and now it stands at 28.8 :D

I love using the graph on Slimming World. Here is mine:

fxtanr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

any ideas of a syn free sauce for pasta and chicken ?

I would make your own, I normally do passata and add things like mushrooms, onions etc.

I love this one: http://www.slimmingworld.ie/recipes/creamy-mushroom-and-tomato-pasta.aspx

A tin of tomatoes, carton of passata, 2tbsp of tomato purée. Add some onion garlic and herbs and it's a fairly quick sauce. I normally whizz it with a blender because I don't like chunky sauces.

Or for a creamy sauce. Try using some cauliflower cooked in chicken stock. Drain off the stock but keep some. Whizz the cauliflower with the blender and add a little bit of stock until it's a saucy consistency. Then add 1-2 laughing cow light cheese triangles. And give another whizz. This works great as a white sauce in lasagne but works well as a pasta sauce too!

Edit: just seen you wanted syn free but the cauliflower sauce has syns depending in how many cheese triangles you put in! Still really low though!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Week 1
    -7 pounds
    Deliraaaaa

Week 1
    -7 pounds
    Deliraaaaa

Woohoo, good on ya!
    You have lost the equivalent weight of the skin of an adult :D

Up 1.5lb. I really don't mind because I feel like I've been hit by a bus this week. I've been only eating sandwiches and toast for the last 2 days so I'm really not on plan at all. I think I need to just mind myself this week and then worry about getting back on plan next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Down 1 this week so a stone and a half altogether (7 weeks). Have just rooted the exercise dvds out and going to get started on some exercise now to pick the losses up again. 10 weeks until a friend's wedding so that gives me about 7 weeks before I need to dress shop.

• Advertisement

Down another pound, so that's 3 stone 10 in total :)
    Very happy with that after a bit of a tough week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I was up 5.5lb last night :( That's over 2 weeks and wasn't on plan at all. It's mad though, on Monday evening I weighed 3lb lighter than I did on Tuesday morning! My body is seriously f*cked up!

Anyway, new week, hope I can shift most of that next week :) Need to stop messing around. I worked really hard at the start and it took 8 or 9 weeks to lose 12lb and now at week 13 or 14 and I've only lost 5.5lb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was up a half this week. I had gone to the loo before I weighed in then needed to go again in the queue but didn't bother so I don't know how many grams were wee lol!! A bit fed up atm and feel like I'm in a rut - one week I'll be down, next week sts or up, then down again so I'm not really getting anywhere if that makes sense? Kind of hope I sts this week though - I've 1lb to go for my club 10 but my birthday on Tues so don't want to get it only to lose it again - not going out but I want dominos and all the extras that go with it so happy to take a hit and then get back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Monife wrote: »
    I was up 5.5lb last night :( That's over 2 weeks and wasn't on plan at all. It's mad though, on Monday evening I weighed 3lb lighter than I did on Tuesday morning! My body is seriously f*cked up!

Anyway, new week, hope I can shift most of that next week :) Need to stop messing around. I worked really hard at the start and it took 8 or 9 weeks to lose 12lb and now at week 13 or 14 and I've only lost 5.5lb :(

then its annoying when you see these feckers drop mad numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

then its annoying when you see these feckers drop mad numbers

Seriously!!! Especially when I hear people in class saying that had flexi syns and takeaway etc and lose 3 or 4lb and I am near perfect and stay the same or gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Monife wrote: »
    Seriously!!! Especially when I hear people in class saying that had flexi syns and takeaway etc and lose 3 or 4lb and I am near perfect and stay the same or gain!

A guy in our group set himself a target of 8.5 for next week. .5 off my entire weight loss lol!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cookie2015

went to my first slimming world class this evening...weighed in at 15.8!! Nearly got sick when i saw that but hopefully week one will go well and i'll never see that figure again! Going to read all my books tonight and hopefully get my head around it all!! 4 stone to lose.

Welcome cookie. Yeah it's always hard going to first weigh in but as you say, hopefully that's the end of that weight forever! !

I was down a half this week so I'm happy enough. Will be happy with a loss even if it's only half. All those little halves add up.

cookie2015 wrote: »
    went to my first slimming world class this evening...weighed in at 15.8!! Nearly got sick when i saw that but hopefully week one will go well and i'll never see that figure again! Going to read all my books tonight and hopefully get my head around it all!! 4 stone to lose.

I got a shock at my first weigh-in too, but to be honest it was a fantastic incentive to work hard at it. Imagine my surprise when I realised I loved the plan and was enjoying food more than I ever did before :)
    Best of luck with it, great support on this thread

• Advertisement

I can't believe it but I was down 2.5lb tonight, even after Saturday night's partying! I got three pieces of bling tonight, my 1 stone award, slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month :eek: All in 5 weeks, I'm chuffed. I've almost lost the baby weight now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement