Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Her acrobatics didn't suit the song, they were just attention grabbing so people didn't see Katya and what she was doing. All that flipping and jump splitting was too much. She may have won in the best moves category, but Latrice Royal said it herself, you have to know and understand the song to do a lip sync properly, no need for theatrics if the song doesn't call for it. This song didn't, but that's what Kennedy gave and it worked for her. Other queens did that kind of crap for songs that didn't suit it and they were rightly sent sashaying away.

But anyway, let's see how this weeks episode goes. Wonder what the challenge will be. Is there another regular episode after this then with the top 3 or is this the last regular one and will likely be the music video episode? Or perhaps this is the makeover episode and next weeks is the music video...?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kanhir

I'm wondering about this week too.
    Usually the home stretch is makeover => three-dresses-and-a-show => music video => clip show => reunited, but Hello Kitty took the makeover spot, so it's thrown everything into disarray. Anarchy, etc.

I'll join the crowd calling for Kennedy to go home. Not as much for last week's lipsync, more because she's been dull, dull, dull for the whole season. I honestly didn't expect her to last as long as she has...

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

i think because they wanted people to see her dancing? She had a bit of promo on America's Got Talent so I guess they were waiting for a high energy performance to let her "shine". Tbh after the death becomes her outfit she should have been sent packing but I'm not going to blame her for staying, moreso Ru really.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Kennedys Snatch Game was hilarious though so I think that saved her for a few weeks

Kennedys Snatch Game was hilarious though so I think that saved her for a few weeks

Ru's biggest mistake of all 7 seasons was to not send Kennedy home during Ru Hollywood stories. Messed up the main challenge and then came out as a dead hooker Glamazon. Girl Bye.

• Advertisement

I can't find an episode link for this weeks episode but currently watching Untucked and OH MY GOD THE **** HAS HIT THE FAN GUYS! XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Taking a risk of upsetting some with this post but here goes:

Kennedy won that lipsynch hands down and Katya lost. She got in her own head throughout that challenge and as a result she was rightly in the bottom 2. A lipsynch for your life us supposed to be balls to the wall and Kennedy slayed the hell out of it

Yup.
    Kennedy doesn't make the decisions on who stays, Ru/producers do. She went out and performed like she was supposed to, they chose her, she stayed. End of story.

Now I don't really think she won the lipsync, personally, but who gives a f*ck - Katya will still have a great career, and tbh I didn't see her as a winner. She admits herself she didn't showcase well on drag race and Ruflections/Rugrets have gotten her lots of fans. No it's not a tiara or a 100,000 dollars but it's an international career!

Poor Kennedy. It's like the backlash Darienne got over the Dela elimination.

Also the episode link is up on the Logo site now!

Just watched the episode.

Oh. My. Gag.

• Advertisement

YES YES YES

I'm so bitter we didn't get a makeover or the triple runway this season. On top of that, this episode was pretty awful when you compare it to its predecessors.

(brb going to watch Sissy That Walk 15 times to comfort myself)

Overall, Season 7 has been lacklustre. The quality, drama, fashion and personality of the previous 3 seasons hasn't been there much. I can't say I'm majorly for any of the top 3 to win. None of them really 'deserve' it. I want Bianca to keep it another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Honestly I was surprised Kennedy didn't make Top 3. Hated her bitchiness but her look this episode was 100% star and Pearl was just kidding me with her arms. Seriously Pearl. STOP. IT.

Going by the current online buzz -
    it seems Pearl is the fan favourite to win closely followed by Violet and Ginger being way behind in last place - which is surprising given that Ru is pushing her so much and she's getting an amazing edit on the show, and yet the fans seem to like her the least.

Really surprised that
    Kennedy
    didn't make the top 3 myself. I would have said she was one of the better ones this week. I'm still glad she went though, but she should have went weeks ago.

The final was recorded last night but there is no new episode next week, (there might be a look back episode or something, I dunno), the final will be broadcast the following week at the start of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Paddy C wrote: »
    Going by the current online buzz -
    it seems Pearl is the fan favourite to win closely followed by Violet and Ginger being way behind in last place - which is surprising given that Ru is pushing her so much and she's getting an amazing edit on the show, and yet the fans seem to like her the least.

Really surprised that
    Kennedy
    didn't make the top 3 myself. I would have said she was one of the better ones this week. I'm still glad she went though, but she should have went weeks ago.

The final was recorded last night but there is no new episode next week, (there might be a look back episode or something, I dunno), the final will be broadcast the following week at the start of June.

I honestly must be watching a different program to the voters. Violet has NO personality - I mean yeah she's a skinny bitch with nice clothes, but rly qweens?

Pearl is not as hopeless as Violet but if she was halfway fukn decent she would have won more challenges (on her own).

Ginger - well it's obvious she's my favourite. Glamazonian Airways and especially the John Waters challenge were the bomb.

And anyway - what do we love our drag queens for? Making us laugh or wearing fashion forward frocks? I mean I know there must be a case to be made for pageant queens (whatever the **** they are) but would anyone here argue pageantry as being more entertaining than comedy?

Flah-zey-daah

This is all speculatory and means absolutely nothing but:

Ru, in the What's The T Podcast (The Big Brother episode) said that she wanted to send Pearl home early on when she gave her attitude in the workroom but kept her in the end because she knew Pearl would be an interesting character. If she still holds a grudge then maybe Pearl won't be the winner. It really does depend on how much sway the public have on Ru's overall decision.

Violet is on the record as saying she hates Michelle Visage and in Michelle's Ask Me Anything on Reddit she confirmed that Violet doesn't like her. Again, it may mean nothing but maybe that might play a part in Ru's decision.

Ginger seems to be the least popular on social media and people seem to think she's a massive bitch but remember Tyra Sanchez was a bigger bitch and she still won.

I'm a Ginger fan so am pulling for her but I guess I'd be ok with Violet winning either. would not be happy for Pearl to win

Ru is on Alan Carr: Chatty Man this evening for anyone interested!

Tyra won but Ru never took the fans' opinions in at that time. If she did I think Raven would have won that season.

I honestly think that taking performance and fan reaction into account it would have to be Violet as the winner. Pearl is more popular but not by much and her performance throughout wasn't as strong.
    I just can't see her crowning Ginger knowing how the fans haven't taken to her.

TruTV (198 on Sky) are about to start showing Season 4 uncensored every Monday and Tuesday at 10pm, followed by Untucked at 11pm. Just a heads up to those with Sky, it's about to start. :)

Major spoilers!!!!!
    Violet wins Season 7. Katya wins Miss Congeniality..

Great change in the finale. I couldn't get over how big the venue was, or how Miley Cyrus was in the second row! ^^

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Great change in the finale. I couldn't get over how big the venue was, or how Miley Cyrus was in the second row! ^^

Neither could the producers - she was in every second shot!

Has enough time passed that we can talk about the results then without spoiling?

I gagged when Ru called out
    Katya
    at the end. I thought she was gonna shock everyone and announce that someone other than the top 3 was gonna win as she had changed her mind!

I'm so glad that
    Katya
    got Miss Congeniality. She should have been top 3. Also a bit disappointed that
    Pearl
    didn't win, but I'm just glad that
    Ginger
    didn't.

To sum it all up, Season 7 was a bit of a damn squib. Here's hoping 8 fares a lot better.

I think maybe when/if we rewatch Season 7 it might fare off a bit better. I just think the pacing in the season along with the focus all on acting really did frsutrate us all.

I'm glad Violet won (anyone who complains a spoiler, Jesus watch the episode already xD), I was team Ginger all the way until the last episode where the nasty streak kind of shone true. Pearl is a nice runner up but in no way could live up to the thrown of Bianca etc. By the way, wtf was with her tin man outfit? It was a bit...odd?

The finale was a bit tame in my mind. A lot of the usual family closure scenes but not enough was given to really takle the whole bitter lady vs young drag scibbles most if not all the season danced around. The main bit of juice was reliving the Tempest vs Kandy thing which...was a bit like clutching at straws. Kasha was hilarious and on point but I don't know, not a lot of the mini interviews were memorable...unless that's just a reflection on the season not really having a main storyline?

I must admit my stream froze when the Katya winner scandal came about and I honestly thought she had won it when it reconnected because she was so sheepish walking around. Flooded my basements properly. I'm glad she got the Miss. Congen which to be fair is a great reflection of a queen whose about to hit it big.

p.s. anyone going along to Pearl on Friday? ^^

Well I have to say I was dissapointed with the winner. I mean at a push I guess it was ok but Ginger really should have won that crown. I think this is the first season since season 2 that I think Ru made the wrong decision and I also think giving the public a say in the winner is what took it from Ginger. The backlash against her was huge on social media and I also think Pearl had heat of social media too so I think Violet was the "safest" choice to win.

I think I'm still in a huff about it to be honest

I wish we had a Fan Favourite voted on by well...fans, and Miss Congeniality voted on by the queens.

I mean I'm happy enough Katya won but I think it'd make much more sense.

Edit: also, I'm delighted violet won! :D But I wouldn't have been overly upset if either of the others had, Im just not as interested in this season.

I didn't really think Ru would crown Ginger though, Tyra was an unpopular winner of her season and I don't see them wanting to crown another one.

I think they pay lip service to the fan vote but it certainly doesn't decide results, Pearl had a huge following. But Ginger wasn't liked and I don't think they'd go completely against popular opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I just finished up the season and was majorly disappointed with the winner. And a bit with the season. It was my first year seeing untucked (caught up on netflix before) and I enjoyed them (usually more than the show) but I gather it's a lot different to previous seasons.

Ginger and Katya were my favourites all along but I wasn't as desperate to get through the episodes as I have been before...I hope RPDR isn't running out of steam, it's one of my favourite shows.

Untucked is much better in previous seasons, if you can, try and watch Drag Race on TruTV on Sky (channel 198). They are showing Season 4 at the moment with Untucked straight after. Marvel at how different, and more enjoyable it is.

Yes, a lot of people have complained that Season 7 was overall a bit meh and the winner is divisive (about as much as Tyra was for Season 2) so lets hope mistakes are corrected for Season 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Paddy C wrote: »
    Yes, a lot of people have complained that Season 7 was overall a bit meh and the winner is divisive (about as much as Tyra was for Season 2) so lets hope mistakes are corrected for Season 8.
    Really though? Violet is amazingly talented... from the moment she did that tartan reveal she was one of the potential winners.

• Advertisement

Anyone at the Max night for Pride? Talk about THEE nicest of the queens I've met thus far. So engaging and the songs were just top notch. She totally eclipsed Pearl!

Advertisement