Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC Horizon question

Options
  • 06-10-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I am on my second UPC Horizon box.

The I use a Netgear NightHawk for the Wifi.

I get intermittent failures from the Router out to the internet (Horizon dropping).

The main problem I have is the inability for either box to record programmes without losing sound and/or picture for chunks of time - many 1second blocks lost or a few 15second.

UPC are now suggesting a seperate modem / router.

SO my question is - does the UPC Horizon box work for anyone for consistently recording and playing back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

tunney wrote: »
    I am on my second UPC Horizon box.

The I use a Netgear NightHawk for the Wifi.

I get intermittent failures from the Router out to the internet (Horizon dropping).

The main problem I have is the inability for either box to record programmes without losing sound and/or picture for chunks of time - many 1second blocks lost or a few 15second.

UPC are now suggesting a seperate modem / router.

SO my question is - does the UPC Horizon box work for anyone for consistently recording and playing back?

Don't think I have ever missed a recording and the playback is perfect. Maybe I am lucky, but everything worked straight from the box, I did not have to change any setting, I don't need a separate router and I can pick up the wi-fi in the garden shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Did have a problem with audio/video loss a year ago. Have you checked that you are on the latest firmware?

Advertisement