Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus - Flights to UK (just pay taxes)

• 02-06-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.aerlingus.com

Fly to London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow - just pay taxes!

Book by: Midnight Thurs 4 June
    Travel: 17 June - 22 Oct

Did a quick check of a few dates and there's seem to be a fair few available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Possibly from the Pale but the rest of us get screwed by Aer Flingus as per usual, another phantom sale

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't think it's too bad to be honest..

I checked a few dates to London Gatwick (from Dublin and from Knock) and got a load of €0.00. Some at €1.99 but definitely better than their "50% Off Sale" last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

There's also a fair few £0.00 flights from Belfast International to LHR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I just booked two tickets from Dublin to Manchester in July for €4 return + booking fee. My Entropay lodgement took too long to go through so I had to just pay the booking fee. :(

€28 in total for both so still v. good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I just booked two tickets from Dublin to Manchester in July for €4 return + booking fee. My Entropay lodgement took too long to go through so I had to just pay the booking fee. :(

Working out at €42.20 in taxes for return flight to Manchester for me. I know how to avoid handling fees.

Is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I know how to avoid handling fees.

Is that right?

Why not just tell us all! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Made a booking last friday, just checked and its still the same price now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Apologies - mine are with Ryanair.

Dates are 2nd and 4th July. Outward flight is €1 inc, Return €3 inc.

Why not just tell us all! :D

The entropay electron card way. I learnt of it on here. I can dig up a link of you're being serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

ShooterSF wrote: »
    The entropay electron card way. I learnt of it on here. I can dig up a link of you're being serious.

I'm serious about wanting to know how to avoid handling fees!!

• Advertisement

Best I can find:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460526&highlight=entropay

You have to set up a sterling electron card on entropay. I did it in feb, piss easy. They carge about 5% to put money on the card so it's only of real use for flights under €100 ( to avoid €5 handling).

Myself and a few mates went to Manchester return with Ryanair with this trick for €2 all fees paid return in Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

for €2 all fees paid return in Feb.

Pre Government Airport tax :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Seems a great deal, but just how do they justify 'taxes and charges' of €29.99 when flying from Cork to Heathrow and €33.32 when returning - I thought the latest controversy was about a €10 tax, not a €30 one!!

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pre Government Airport tax :mad:

Not sure but i can find similar flights in July with no mention of tax, might be added on right at the end but they usually include it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

This should be fly Monday - Thursday. Flights I need are still €250.:mad: That coupled with the Baggage charges I'm gonna have to go BMI.

I presume the taxes and charges includes for the €10 tax. Also different airports have different rates of taxes and charges. This might explain the difference in heathrow and cork.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I got return Shannon to London for EUR 57.74 all in. Not too bad.

Advertisement