Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING! Do NOT DISCUSS how to receive TV ILLEGALLY. Only legit h/w and issues here

• 28-11-2007 7:57pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

There will be NO discussion allowed in here in relation to receiving cable TV illegally. This includes discussion of the associated Hardware, such as ****, Starview, etc.

This will be the only warning.

From now on, immediate infractions or bans (at Moderators discretion) for offenders with offending thread deleted.

Only discuss settopbox hardware as supplied by your cable operator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

:eek:

You didn't read the other stickies so why am I typing this?

READ THE RULES:

1) Connecting cable boxes not supplied by your Cable company is Criminal. It also can be breaking the law to talk about them.

So DON'T ask us how to make your Cable box work. Ring UPC (Chorus/NTL).

2) You are not anonymous. A court order can be got to find out who you are. Even if boards doesn't know who you are, the ISP does.

Now go read the rest of the rules. :)

P.S.
    Also we have run out of tea and biscuits. So please tone down rants about lack of repair/install/removal/quality. Just keep ringing & writing to Customer Support.

We don't install cable boxes, remove them or repair cable TV. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

paulm17781 wrote: »

Maybe this should go in the sticky

taken from the above link

"The UPC spokesperson said that its anti-piracy team works with internet sites to monitor postings advertising illegal services."

Remember it is NOT just copyright piracy (a civil offence) but the criminal offence of "Theft of service", which is a more serious kind of piracy.

Even obstructing investigation of PayTv evasion can lead to prision and fines.

It's clear that as well as single users stealing payTv they are going after Operators that do Apartments & Hotels.

If your bill is not from UPC or Sky, your apartment management outfit may be stealing the signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I know that Starview box won't work with Sky.
    I have Chours analogue (ariel on roof).
    They've sent me letter(s) promoting their DVR (Digital Video Recorder) for €5 per month. It's like sky+.

I'm concerned that if I take up the offer that my Starview box won't work/pick up all the channels anymore.

does anyone know?
    Cheers,
    Pa, Galway

• Advertisement

You didn't read charter.
    You are already stealing payTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 melissakline81

i recently bought a upc digital package. then i bought 'the box' so i could have all the channels but for some reason i'm not able to set it up properly. i've set 'the box' up for people with ntl packages and its been cool.

but when i'm picking where to look for the channels during the installation process, there is no upc (just ntl, chorus, etc). it just says failed, failed etc.

is there any way to fix this?

is there a box that you don't need any digital package - one that plugs directly into analogue television (you know the white lead)?

You are stealing.

You may only use the Cable company's supplied equipment.

You can only use NTL supplied receiver and you may only watch at all with a subscription.

That's why cable is also called Pay TV. :)

Only satellite and Terrestrial have free TV as well as pay tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 griffinmartin46

:(Hi all,just new to this.I think I messed up my Euro Box Max as I did something to the factory settings.Now I am left with nothing !! I think that I may have to start from scratch .PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Seems to be just a cable box, and of course using such a device on cable systems here is illegal.

Shame you can't read the Forum Rules.

Thread closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Harpo45

Anyone know why some Digivox's aren't working in the Dublin area?

Does anyone know if new codes are needed?

Harpo

Dublin 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

this is against the charter

Also:
    Use or even helping to use non-Operator boxes on Cable is criminal offence in most of EU and Ireland = Theft of service.

Thanks MiCro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Just wondering how much these cost at the sunday markets. There are a few places you can buy them online for €150~ or so but I have heard they cost up to €250 at the markets? This is for a Dreambox 500C. I am not looking for one for any kind of illegal use. Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There are other places that allow discussion of cable dreamboxen, but this isn't one.

Read charter.

There is no legal use of Dreambox 500c on UPC (Chorus/NTL) Cable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement