Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

USB Saorview receiver ($7.40 delivered)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Still have not receive this. Been at least 3 weeks now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Mine arrrived today so dont worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Mine arrived yesterday - no signal, but kind of expected that. Will need to use a regular aerial.

The connector for the aerial seems to be called an MCX connector. Anywhere in Dublin that sells an MCX-to-RF adaptor? Otherwise, I'll probably just cut the cable on the included aerial and slap on an RF socket rather than waiting for an adaptor to ship from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭enviro

No sign of mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Mine arrived today after ordering it on the 6th of December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ok, arrived today.

-Driver installed fine (Win7 64bt)
    -Blaze software gave some weird error during install, saying acess was denied to some write process in the system32 folder. I clicked ignore a few times and it finished the install. :rolleyes:
    - Tried using the Blaze software, and it says the serial number is already in use, and to **** off basically....
    - Then opened window media centre and tried to set up TV from there, but after 3 scans they all failed to find any signal.

Am I doing anything wrong? I can't rule out signal issues until I find a way of connecting it to the main house aerial, but software wise maybe I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

i got my usb from buy in coins today, wouldnt work at all untill i found a link to a driver and downloaded it then searched for channels in wmc and it picked them up

http://www.leadtek.com/eng/support/download.asp?downlineid=217&downline=WinFast+DTV+Dongle+Gold

:)

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

also worth mentioning that i didn't faff around installing drivers in win7 ultimate x64, i just plugged it in, let windows install the drivers and then opened up windows media centre and let it scan for channels and that was it, all done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Just got this working on Vu duo receiver using Blackhole image.
    Working perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

GrumPy wrote: »
    Ok, arrived today.

-Driver installed fine (Win7 64bt)
    -Blaze software gave some weird error during install, saying acess was denied to some write process in the system32 folder. I clicked ignore a few times and it finished the install. :rolleyes:
    - Tried using the Blaze software, and it says the serial number is already in use, and to **** off basically....
    - Then opened window media centre and tried to set up TV from there, but after 3 scans they all failed to find any signal.

Am I doing anything wrong? I can't rule out signal issues until I find a way of connecting it to the main house aerial, but software wise maybe I'm confused.

Having same problem here.
    I let windows (7 x64 ultimate) update install the drivers from the internet.
    Not finding no stations, but it's picking it up and saying it's a tuner.
    In device manager it's a keyboard named "DVB-T 2".

I've also tried the dirvers on the cd, and the one linked above, which is the driver windows update finds and installs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

joe250 wrote: »
    Just got this working on Vu duo receiver using Blackhole image.
    Working perfect

is that linux based?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Unable to tune any channels.......
    Hooked up to an external antenna- I can get 'lock' on two muxes, and channel listings etc- however if I try to view the channels, despite it knowing what the channels are, it won't display them (Error: channel unavailable)

I have a decent VHF reception here (not UHF though :( - I can't pick up anything on UHF analogue- only VHF and I've both UFH and VHF antenna pointed at 3 Rock from Lucan)
    Something tells me I'm in for trouble when analogue switch off happens

Dublin seems to be absolutely dire for Saorview- even remote areas in Sligo and Leitrim gets a vastly better signal.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

smccarrick wrote: »
    Unable to tune any channels.......
    Hooked up to an external antenna- I can get 'lock' on two muxes, and channel listings etc- however if I try to view the channels, despite it knowing what the channels are, it won't display them (Error: channel unavailable)

I have a decent VHF reception here (not UHF though :( - I can't pick up anything on UHF analogue- only VHF and I've both UFH and VHF antenna pointed at 3 Rock from Lucan)
    Something tells me I'm in for trouble when analogue switch off happens

Dublin seems to be absolutely dire for Saorview- even remote areas in Sligo and Leitrim gets a vastly better signal.........
    Something up with your setup, Maybe VHF only masthead amplifier or antenna

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

For the record I'm still unable to view any channel but 3e smoothly in WMC and yet experience smooth but slightly grainy viewing in the bundled software.

Not had a chance to try a better aerial as yet however.

Also for the record it shows up as a keyboard on my device information in Win7 x64 too. I've tried the bundled drivers, the automatic windows drivers and other drivers I found for a similar model. I'll check the link and post up later if someone else wants to try it.

I'm going to test it on Win XP too when I get a hold of a laptop later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The keyboard entry is likely a mis-recognition of the IR controller in the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

For the record I'm still unable to view any channel but 3e smoothly in WMC and yet experience smooth but slightly grainy viewing in the bundled software.

Not had a chance to try a better aerial as yet however.

Also for the record it shows up as a keyboard on my device information in Win7 x64 too. I've tried the bundled drivers, the automatic windows drivers and other drivers I found for a similar model. I'll check the link and post up later if someone else wants to try it.

I'm going to test it on Win XP too when I get a hold of a laptop later in the week.

I have been unable to get it set up on 2 different xp machines both of them are xp sp3

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Got mine today @ work, :) installed on vista x64 with out any problems
    have not managed to get remote working yet removed plastic from battery but no joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    Got mine today @ work, :) installed on vista x64 with out any problems
    have not managed to get remote working yet removed plastic from battery but no joy :(

having the same issue, set up on laptop but cant use remote, even with new battery....

does anyone know how to get it working?

i installed it on my laptop (acer 5520) it said it installed ok, no lights on the USB or anything, how exactly do I get it to work... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I have mine working on the Blaze software and supplied aerial in Monkstown with DTT off Kippure. It's working amazingly well on that puny antenna. I can’t get the remote to work either. I can see the remote is working (checked the IR beam through camera phone) but I cant get it to work with the tuner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Gone mine yesterday. Had forgot all about ordering it! Havent tried to use it yet though.

got it sorted, picture quality is rather good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Can someone post screenshots? Would be interested to see the quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Got mine a couple of days ago.Installed on Windows 7 64 bit. Connected to outside aerial working ok. To get remote working point at sensor just below light on usb dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

got it sorted, picture quality is rather good :)
    How did you get it to work in the end?
    I have the same problem you had, no indicator lights working on thee USB dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Mine arrived today - great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Whats it like for recording? Can you watch one channel and record another?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Software won't install for me,Drivers are fine,but no use if i can't use the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Software won't install for me,Drivers are fine,but no use if i can't use the damn thing.

Try copying the full contents of the disc to your desktop and rename the folder to take out the Chinese characters in the name of the folder. I had to do that on one of my xp machines to get it to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Mine seems to have installed fine on an XP machine, but when I scan channels I get nothing. I'm in Drogheda and I receive terestrial channels without any issue. Should I get up on the roof with it? :)

Advertisement