Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone : chargingfor data roaming : 2.99 / day from 22 October

• 20-09-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi
    Just got the text message from Vodafone saying from 22 October there is no more free data roaming (where it would be deducted from your data allowance) - instead will be 2.99 / day
    What is the position of other operators ?
    I use data roaming when in UK or on hols in europe - 2.99 / day to check emails etc (not heavy usage) seems very expensive

Whereas on vodafone forum, vodafone are saying:
    We'd strongly recommend texting the word data to 50020 on the 22nd October to opt into Passport mobile internet, which will activate the 2.99 rates (which are still extremely competitive).
    is it "extremely competitive"??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Everyone gouges you on data roaming. Vodafone is a UK company and the biggest in the world and could easily do better, but they get away with it.

If you mostly visit the UK check out Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

As the previous poster said, go Three. Free data abroad in "3 like home" countries.
    Calls and texts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

I've been roaming for free since i purchased my Iphone4 in September 2010. I travel around 80 days a year and as long as i had selected the Vodafone network in the country i was travelling i was able to send and receive all data for free. I've a €60/month bill account.

This is a massive change, i thought once you entered into a service agreement with a phone company they could not change it? My origninal contract would have been for 18 months.

Any thoughts on whether they are allowed to make these changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Any thoughts on whether they are allowed to make these changes?

Have a look on the vodafone forum, the vodafone rep is saying that they changed everyone's T&C 2 years ago to allow them to option to at some point start charging for data roaming.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Fianna Fowl

mobpd wrote: »
    Have a look on the vodafone forum, the vodafone rep is saying that they changed everyone's T&C 2 years ago to allow them to option to at some point start charging for data roaming.....

Thanks new to boards, ex anfearrua. Found that forum, very useful cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement