Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Anyway way to tell if this is a 3570.50? Also what do, you guys think of condition?

wt642h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

hard to tell from that image but looks like it? Where did you see it posted? Was there any other info or pics posted also? I've a seamaster but there are a few other speedy owners on here (calling mitch buchannon :pac:) that will be more knowledgable on that particular model.

Be warned there are some outstanding fakes floating around out there including ones with what look like Genuine Omega boxes and paperwork so be careful looking online..

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

GEO147 wrote: »
    Anyway way to tell if this is a 3570.50? Also what do, you guys think of condition?

Looks like the real deal, but ask if it comes with box and papers. Always buy the buyer. Impossible to tell the condition from that one photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Stumbled across this thread the other day, so here's mine.

Tissot T-Race Nicky Hayden World Champion limited edition.

11111 made - 2007

45A50BC9D7824F63843F123BDC887134-0000369778-0003550065-00800L-F6E58B6F58E944DBB5645965E3610023.jpg

120E0F7346AC441D93F221A3F8F940CA-0000369778-0003550064-00800L-D231FF58162D4C98AE33DCB104AFAC21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've a 3573, which is slightly different (sapphire sandwich model), but given the quality of fakes I'd hate to stake my soul (or your money) or saying how genuine that watch is.

I think Speedies are expensive in Ireland, especially as there are only about two authorised dealers left, but there are great deals to be had abroad. I bought mine here and got a great discount. It turns out the girl in the shop learned her English in Dublin... http://www.gioiellerietorelli.com/html/prodotti.php

FdP

Homer wrote: »
    hard to tell from that image but looks like it? Where did you see it posted? Was there any other info or pics posted also? I've a seamaster but there are a few other speedy owners on here (calling mitch buchannon :pac:) that will be more knowledgable on that particular model.

Be warned there are some outstanding fakes floating around out there including ones with what look like Genuine Omega boxes and paperwork so be careful looking online..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think Speedies are expensive in Ireland
    Like this comes as a great surprise FDP. We really do get fleeced here on so many levels. In the "boom" you could kinda explain it - make hay while the sun shines and all that - but after the major downturn? Extracting the urine IMHO.

BTW I don't necessarily lay the blame at the feet of the dealers. I have much personal experience of how international brands can extract the urine at source prices for dealers by adding a Paddy Tax(tm) and dealers often have to pass on that localised markup to the retail enduser.

Though that doesn't quite explain vintage stuff where it's found in dealers, as all too often you'd think they were smoking crack with some of the prices for very common lacklustre examples. EG about a year ago I saw a dealer(whose name escapes to preserve blushes) hawking a 1960's Omega Seamaster with the wrong crown, a redial and a "well loved" case for nearly a 1000 quid. :rolleyes:

Expertise can be at issue too. Not too many years ago I had a salesperson from a dealer of some repute ask me did I want their experts to check the status of my battery. In a watch from the 1930's. And this guy was no apparent newbie. Yep. I know. It was all I could do to restrain myself from a withering reply. TBH folks I didn't restrain myself very much. His reply spoke volumes "oh I didn't realise it was an automatic. Easy error to make". I got more withering at that point.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

"We really do get fleeced here on so many levels. ".

Yep - and we also seem to get new models much later than other countries, even the UK, although in Omega's case the UK and Ireland are the same market, which I've no issue with but why do we not get models that are available months ago there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

there are some rare occasions where buying watches here is better value than other countries,

For example when BT had panerai the euro rrp was better than the sterling and they would always do some discount, when it was much harder to get discount in the uk,

also you will generally get 10% of stainless steel rolex here which isnt bad,

after that though it be looking at grey dealers in the EU personally, Holland, Germany and Belgium all good in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cyrus wrote: »
    after that though it be looking at grey dealers in the EU personally, Holland, Germany and Belgium all good in my opinion

I wonder should we have in a stickie a list of Reputable Grey Dealers ?

I am heading to Zurich next week and was thinking of popping into the Omega Boutique....

Would it be worth while ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I am heading to Zurich next week and was thinking of popping into the Omega Boutique....

DT

If you are looking for a deal, an Omega boutique would not be your best start.. especially on their home turf. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

If you are looking for a deal, an Omega boutique would not be your best start.. especially on their home turf. :eek:

Aye, but though it may be a bit cheaper and I can claim the VAT back

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Aye, but though it may be a bit cheaper and I can claim the VAT back

DT,

FYI, in case you don't already know.

As far as I'm aware the Vat rate in Switzerland is very low and you'll also pay an administration fee to claim the VAT back.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

DT

I would have thought the exchange rate would be a killer as well. I realise that I'm talking STG exchange rate and also not specifically about watches but Switzerland was sort of at London prices when there were 2.2 Swiss francs to the pound but now that its 1.5 it's not funny.

DT

That would be an excellent idea. I am thinking of selling my Sub-C (beautiful watch, but just not for me) and buying a Speedmaster 9300, but can't see myself heading into Weirs for that one...so grey dealers that have a good reputation would be very welcome.

well ive bought from a few,

Juwelier Burger in Netherlands

http://www.juwelierburger.com/EN/watches-and-jewelery/welcome/60/

Kroon watches in Belgium

http://www.kroonwatches.com/?lang=en

Iconicwatches.co.uk are worth a look too.

Does anybody know, or can anyone recommend, the best way to sell a watch? I'm going to sell my Rolex Submariner (date), and was wondering if it's possible to do it here on this forum, or where do people recommend?

I suspect I'm an Omega-kinda guy at heart...

FdP

Does anybody know, or can anyone recommend, the best way to sell a watch? I'm going to sell my Rolex Submariner (date), and was wondering if it's possible to do it here on this forum, or where do people recommend?

FdP

you can try adverts.ie you might be lucky

failing that watchfinder and blowers both in the uk take trade ins and or buy stock

FdP

No harm throwing a few photo's up here either.

No harm throwing a few photo's up here either.

Happy to do that re photos. Some already up from a previous post or two, but will take some more and better ones.

I'd be afraid to see what I'd get on a trade-in....

• Advertisement

Happy to do that re photos. Some already up from a previous post or two, but will take some more and better ones.

I'd be afraid to see what I'd get on a trade-in....

FYI, they sell on tz-uk for £3.5-£4k.

FYI, they sell on tz-uk for £3.5-£4k.

the ceramic subs run closer to £5k no?

This is an October 2013 model, ceramic, warrantied, boxed etc etc. If I got £5k stg or euro equivalent, I'd be happy.

This is it on the bund strap - not a great photo, but you get the idea: RolexSub2_zps5da75489.jpeg

Cyrus wrote:

Maybe I'm mistaken, I'm by no means a Rolex expert. Fdp, Id think twice about selling, it looks lovely.

This is an October 2013 model, ceramic, warrantied, boxed etc etc. If I got £5k stg or euro equivalent, I'd be happy.

This is it on the bund strap - not a great photo, but you get the idea: RolexSub2_zps5da75489.jpeg

5k is probably top dollar to be fair

5k is probably top dollar to be fair

Indeed - but it is a top dollar watch !

In fairness, it is a wonderful piece of craftsmanship, and I regularly see new aspects to it which keep it interesting. The lume is really good too. It's just not that comfortable on my wrists. The Speedy I have has a different and easier to wear strap.

Indeed - but it is a top dollar watch !

In fairness, it is a wonderful piece of craftsmanship, and I regularly see new aspects to it which keep it interesting. The lume is really good too. It's just not that comfortable on my wrists. The Speedy I have has a different and easier to wear strap.

I have one myself find it very comfortable personally, won't be selling mine :)

I have one myself find it very comfortable personally, won't be selling mine :)

I've no doubt it's my wrists and not the watch. I'd love a Datejust II (blue stick version) but am afraid of the same strap issue.

The current Speedy gets more wrist-time, but I miss a date function, so am planning (in my head anyway) to perhaps sell Sub and get a Speedy 9300 instead....maybe even with a leather strap.

I've no doubt it's my wrists and not the watch. I'd love a Datejust II (blue stick version) but am afraid of the same strap issue.

The current Speedy gets more wrist-time, but I miss a date function, so am planning (in my head anyway) to perhaps sell Sub and get a Speedy 9300 instead....maybe even with a leather strap.

Just curious, what strap do you use with the Speedy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Just curious, what strap do you use with the Speedy?

Well on my Speedy I swap between the braclet, a brown Hirsch Liberty strap ( http://tinyurl.com/pcy5kq9 ) and a Di-Modell Rallye strap ( http://tinyurl.com/ne7fqpk ).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement