Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I dont really know if this is popular or unpopular, but all I the coverage and review and features I have seen in the media on this girl are positively glowing:

Lana Del Rey - the most mind numbingly boring one dimensional ****e I have heard in a long, long time. Monotonous drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭mosstin

maximoose wrote: »
    I dont really know if this is popular or unpopular, but all I the coverage and review and features I have seen in the media on this girl are positively glowing:

Lana Del Rey - the most mind numbingly boring one dimensional ****e I have heard in a long, long time. Monotonous drivel.

Not sure where you've read the reviews but any I've seen have given the album the kicking it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Kold wrote: »
    Dr Octagon or Black Elvis?

Octagon. His flow, lyrics and the character as much as the kick-ass production.

Is Black Elvis worth an investment?

I'm sure I checked it out and didn't like it, but it was ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

smokedeels wrote: »
    Octagon. His flow, lyrics and the character as much as the kick-ass production.

Is Black Elvis worth an investment?

I'm sure I checked it out and didn't like it, but it was ages ago.

Investment? Give it a try before you buy KNARRRMEAN? But give it a listen, I like it. Not one of the greatest hip hop albums ever made, Octagon is better but decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Yerself is steam by Mercury Rev is an atrocious album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

flyswatter wrote: »
    Aw I love that album :( It's a psychedelic mindfuck of an album that makes you feel like being on drugs, erm, without being on drugs. So many great songs on that album, 'Chasing A Bee', 'Sweet Oddysee...' (which feels like you are being launched into space), 'Frittering'. It's a lot different to Deserter's Songs and their later stuff but it's a brilliant slice of neo-psychedelic rock.

What do you not like about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Zero1986 wrote: »
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Aw I love that album :( It's a psychedelic mindf[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck of an album that makes you feel like being on drugs, erm, without being on drugs. So many great songs on that album, 'Chasing A Bee', 'Sweet Oddysee...' (which feels like you are being launched into space), 'Frittering'. It's a lot different to Deserter's Songs and their later stuff but it's a brilliant slice of neo-psychedelic rock.

Bear in mind it was my first listen of it, didn't live up to the reviews I saw of it, and didn't remember much tune wise, was very rambling, the last song was my favourite, the guitars repetitiveness got into my head but then again it would as it was 12 minutes long. Maybe atrocious is too strong a word, but I wasn't feeling it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Aw I love that album :( It's a psychedelic mindfuck of an album that makes you feel like being on drugs, erm, without being on drugs. So many great songs on that album, 'Chasing A Bee', 'Sweet Oddysee...' (which feels like you are being launched into space), 'Frittering'. It's a lot different to Deserter's Songs and their later stuff but it's a brilliant slice of neo-psychedelic rock.

Yeah, it's a quality album, always loved it. I remember I gave a friend the loan of Boces after Deserter Songs came out and he handed it back to me telling me someone had obviously taped over it. I had to explain to him that's what they used to sound like.

Yeah, it's a quality album, always loved it. I remember I gave a friend the loan of Boces after Deserter Songs came out and he handed it back to me telling me someone had obviously taped over it. I had to explain to him that's what they used to sound like.
    I actually got Yerself Is Steam by mistake. I thought I was buying Boces but when I got home I found that the girl in the music shop had put the cd for Yerself Is Steam into the cd case instead of the Boces cd. After one listen I decided I was definitely keeping it.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Elton John is just wick, can't stand can't believe that he is touring this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

vader65 wrote: »
    Elton John is just wick, can't stand can't believe that he is touring this year!

His first 5 studios albums are amazing, but his voice is shot. But he now has a child to feed so he has to keep working ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

vader65 wrote: »
    Elton John is just wick
    :confused:What does "wick" mean in this context?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Malice wrote: »
    :confused:What does "wick" mean in this context?

Portmanteau of wack and gick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Anything that isnt The Pogues or Metallica can go to Hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Choudary

Anything that isnt The Pogues or Metallica can go to Hell

Quite a stern remark, considering the only bad feelings toward them is because of their musical mishaps

Thank you

Regards,

Choudary Chintapalli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Choudary

Also, I could never quite understand how Bappi Lahiri & Nadeem Shravan, two of the greatest musical talents to emerge from Mumbai, yet always remained unpopular in bangladesh?

Crazy, don't you think? Especially considering the circumstances surrounding the likes of Kishore Kumar, Anu Malik, etc gaining widespread popularity in all regions!

Regards,

Choudary Chintapalli

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

hahaha your cracking me up here man.

Choudary wrote: »
    Quite a stern remark, considering the only bad feelings toward them is because of their musical mishaps

Thank you

Regards,

Choudary Chintapalli

I accept that it is an unpopular musical opinion. I felt this would be the most appropriate forum in which to express it.

Thank you

Regards,

Crooked Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭mosstin

I actually got Yerself Is Steam by mistake. I thought I was buying Boces but when I got home I found that the girl in the music shop had put the cd for Yerself Is Steam into the cd case instead of the Boces cd. After one listen I decided I was definitely keeping it.

Track 1 on Boces is magnificent. I think Mercury Rev lost hugely when David Baker left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Kings of Leon are shiit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Boo Choudary got banned!

Regards

Android 666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Kings of Leon are shiit

Ah but what a band they were . They just got **** they werent always ****.

Boo Choudary got banned!

Regards

Android 666

Why? They seem to ban people for **** all here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Why? They seem to ban people for **** all here

I read all his posts last night , that dude was hilarious.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I can sing but i have doubts lately . Is'nt it a shock when you first hear yourself on playback and you want to race out of the room even though it's empty .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

People who like certain bands because of the scene assossiated with that band are complete spastics.

Likewise people who don't like particular bands because they don't want to be assossiated with their fanbase are also bellends.

Lots of people out there are like that. They'll never admit to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

magma69 wrote: »
    People who like certain bands because of the scene assossiated with that band are complete spastics.

Likewise people who don't like particular bands because they don't want to be assossiated with their fanbase are also bellends.

Lots of people out there are like that. They'll never admit to it though.

I've noticed before when I play a riff on a guitar , in the moments when a person knows they know the music, but cant remember the song or artist, they can't remember if they like it or not.

It happened before when I was playing the intro to poker face on guitar and one of my mates was like ":confused: what song is that, I recognise it", and I wouldn't tell him and he wasn't sure if he liked it but it seemed like he did, but then when I told him what it was he was like "ohhhh it's just lady gaga:rolleyes:, she sucks"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pleasing riff. Doesn't suck.

magma69 wrote: »
    That reminds me of a period about 6 or 7 years ago when tons of people seemingly liked the Misfits just so they could be seen wearing a Misfits t-shirt, hoodie or some sort of associated merchandise. How I laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

That reminds me of a period about 6 or 7 years ago when tons of people seemingly liked the Misfits just so they could be seen wearing a Misfits t-shirt, hoodie or some sort of associated merchandise. How I laughed.

On that note....

http://http://www.redbubble.com/people/thundermonkey/works/8286453-who-the-hell-are-the-ramones?p=t-shirt

I don't judge though. Who hasn't heard a Ramones song by now? If you had the shirt would you not at least seek the music out?

Advertisement