Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saw something funny on the way into work this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

hahaha excellent....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ha ha. That is really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

excellent picture, really sums up the sumemr so far

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

Saw that myself. Deadly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Goodstuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Excellent :p

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Ha ha , brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I saw one at the Ha'penny bridge and it did make me think why are they spending thousands on advertising on water conservation during the wettest summer I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

heh heh :D. Conserve water? We've barely got a dry day so far this summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maybe it's proof that advertising does work. :p

• Advertisement

It's lashing rain here in cork right now. Enough rain to keep us going in water for the rest of the summer, if we get any summer that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

More realistic version here

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/797050725_f39583154b_o.jpg

Some editing involved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Is the weather really that bad? I was home last weekend for 4 days and got sunburned fairly badly and there was no rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tonyj_mc wrote:

What summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

tonyj_mc wrote:
    Anti wrote:
    What summer :(

What *sumemr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

jester77 wrote:
    Is the weather really that bad? I was home last weekend for 4 days and got sunburned fairly badly and there was no rain.
    I hope your jokeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i got sunburnt early on sunday mornin while i was at...eh...some random musical gathering in kildare somewhere. then it start rainin when i got back in me tent and didnt stop at all til after the monday!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The sign still makes sense, in fairness I wouldn't touch the water in that river :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jjbrien wrote:
    I hope your jokeing?

Dead serious. Flew in on Friday and out early Monday morning. Was down west and got well burned. Bloody nose is peeling now :(

well, having listened to all that crap about the boiling weather we were going to have this summer, this is a big let down. I heard we were in for our hottest summer on record. I've had the bleedin central heating on quite a few times since the start of the summer and if things don't pick up soon the heating bills, which are normally pretty much non existent during the summer, will be high, which could mean this will be the costliest summer i can remember, on record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Excellent pic, kinda sums up the 'summer' we're having.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Excellent pic!

A lad in work was saying to me this morning that as far back as he could remember, this was the wettest summer he could remember, to which I replied...if this was winter, it would be the wettest I could remember!

Oh tje frustations of being at the mercy of the mid-atlantic drift :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It keeps us from freezing...
    Now, I'll move this to cool links.

Advertisement