Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well it's 50 quid on gamestop.ie, so I can only imagine it'll be at least that in most shops. Might be lucky to pick up a cheap copy in Tesco maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

its always hmv for me, new releases are usually €45 so i wouldnt say its any different this time

sheehy!!! how the hell you playing already!!?? i envy you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

psugrue wrote: »
    its always hmv for me, new releases are usually €45 so i wouldnt say its any different this time

Yup, it's €45 in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

psugrue wrote: »
    sheehy!!! how the hell you playing already!!?? i envy you

Gamesnash.ie :)

Game is f+cking class!! Great intro and its classic max! the blurriness and strange colours are weird but fits the gameplay as max is on a lot of drink and pills. It actually feels like your drunk/drugged as well. Shoot dodging is excelent, the movement and physics are just perfect.

Only complaint so far is changing weapons furing cutscenes can b very annoying.

I was sceptical of another 3rd person shooter but this is calssic max, excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Im playing it aswell its more movie than game which is annoying. Was in the middle of a gun fight really low on ammo killed the last guy then it cut to a movie scene and I was downstairs with about 5 bullets :D Had to run around trying to get some while chap with a kinda gatling gun shoots at me and he has loads of armor on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sheehy83 wrote: »

I was sceptical of another 3rd person shooter but this is calssic max, excellent.

If you can play this game classic max style with out using the all too common cover system you are a far better gamer than I.

I mostly use cover to get a breather as the enemy flanks you fairly quick. I meanr classic max more of the character anyway, keeping that noire feeling. Free aim is a must, id say its fairly boring using hard or sift lock. Getting the trophy for 6 kills jumping out a certain window just felt good!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Won't be playing until tomorrow because I've to set up the Xbox, TV and speaker system after the move, but....

LOOK HOW PRETTY!!!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Won't be playing until tomorrow because I've to set up the Xbox, TV and speaker system after the move, but....

LOOK HOW PRETTY!!!

That is so class!

Multiplayer is a great laugh, really frantic. The crew thing looks class as well, has our emblem and slogan, and all our stats. Says I only have 4 PSN friends in the crew so add me if you didn't already sheehy83.

There is no need for the golden guns, they look really tacky, don't even know if they cause extra damage.

Online, me and a guy were running at each other, both dived in slo mo, landing on the ground still shooting the sh*t out of each other. Looked really class. Free aim is definitely the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 chrislfc2012

can you free roam??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Such a great game, I am really enjoying the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where's the cheapest place to download this game for the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Headshot wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to download this game for the pc?
    http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Max-Payne-3-3070-13.html

not out until June 1st

can you free roam??

No, it's linear goodness.

confirmed €45 in hmv anyways, installing now, lets go!

HMV €45
    TESCO €50
    XTRAVISION €55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Early Thoughts? dying to get out of work and play it

Rastapitts wrote: »
    Early Thoughts? dying to get out of work and play it

I think it's brilliant! I'm reading mixed reviews online, either people love it or hate it.

I think if you play with free aim, you will enjoy the game more. I was watching gameplay online with soft and hardlock and it looked so boring, no skill involved at all.

I'm really 50/50 on whether to play story or online first when I get home, both are great.

first level and I've already shouted HOLY **** about 3 times

• Advertisement

The 1st official Rockstar social event is on tonight 9pm to Midnight for PS3 and tomorrow night for xbox. You can win prizes including custom joypads with your gamertag and brew emblem on them. Def gonna jump into this tonight although i'm only level 2 and the yanks had all week to level up.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/34181/join-us-for-the-first-official-max-payne-3-multiplayer-events-at.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The 1st official Rockstar social event is on tonight 9pm to 12pm

15 hours long? MENTAL! :D

changed that time now :P those joypads would want to be worth it for 15 hours!

Some info on the difficulty as well:

I am playing on medium with free aim and it can be tough enough. Achievements only unlock with free aim as well I think.
    Easy: Increased Health and Bullet Time® Rewards. A satisfying challenge
    Medium: Moderate Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A stiff challenge
    Hard: Low Health and Bullet Time Rewards. A real test
    Hardcore: Minimal Health and Bullet Time rewards. Very challenging
    Old School: Last Man Standing is disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

do hmv do student discount? god im tempted, i shouldn't buy it but....!

ronano wrote: »
    do hmv do student discount? god im tempted, i shouldn't buy it but....!

dont think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Achievements only unlock with free aim as well I think.

Free Aim it is so.

Picking this up this evening. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just grabbed my copy there, will be straight online with it tonight. 54.99 in Gamestop and they wouldn't give the DLC code without a preorder so HMV got the business at €10 cheaper.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

[grumble]People ruining a classic single player game with obsession over yet another multiplayer :(
    [/grumble]

5uspect wrote: »
    [grumble]People ruining a classic single player game with obsession over yet another multiplayer :(
    [/grumble]

ruining?? how so??

• Advertisement

I'm enjoing both SP and MP, nothing being ruined for me. Best thing about this is it feels the SP and MP are seperate games, not like one of them was tacked onto the other.

Advertisement