Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs for 13 year Old?

• 17-05-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Im 13 and I Live in GreyStones and Im Looking for a Job/Favour/Chore
    Do You Know Of AnyBody Who Would Like to Have Their Grass Cut Etc
    Also Would you think That People would let me Walk Their dogs?
    And would Eugenes or Mooneys Let Me Deliver NewsPapers?
    Any Suggestions would be Helpful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Your neighbours are your best bet. Call around and ask them if they need anyone to cut their grass, etc.

Also, I had a paper round job when I was your age. Ring "Southside People" or whatever your local newspaper is and see if they are looking for delivery people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to move this to the Graystones forum - you might get a better response there.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Hey when i was 13 i worked in the Glenroe Open Farm. Im pretty sure its still open and they always take extra people on in the summer.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Opus_One

If you're considering the paper round option, then I would advise you to check out several papers or several people who need leaflets delivered (take-aways, restaurants, local businesses or trades people etc). Individually the papers pay pittance for delivery services, but if you can get 4 or 5 businesses to pay you and deliver all of them at the same time (ie, sort all the leaflets and put one of each in the centre of your papers)you can make it worth your while.

You could also see if people want their cars washed/hoovered etc. You may need to get yourself some cloths and cleaning products (LIDL do some basic stuff pretty cheap) if this takes off for you...

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

fair play to you... its good to see some initiative....
    maybe you could put a flyer up on some notice boards around the town advertising your services... is there one in tesco?...

i would definately employ you to cut my back garden but i'd be abused by the other half for being so lazy if i did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FionnBarr

Thanks Guys For Being Supportive
    will Deffintily try Out All These Ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 egorski

Not sure if you can still do this - but you used to be able to go upto the
    golf club and hang around at the 1st tee to pick up work as a caddy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Stop....Hammer Time

On the weekends you should wash cars . Great money to be made
    Also Tis time of year people are getting there Gardens ready so Call to your neighbours .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

egorski wrote: »
    Not sure if you can still do this - but you used to be able to go upto the
    golf club and hang around at the 1st tee to pick up work as a caddy.....

yeah, I used to make a few bob doing this. Most of the golfers have electric trolleys these days though.

One Of Me Mates Took Out his Lawn Mower one day In Redford Nd Got 50 bob Cutting Grass

• Advertisement

But the thing is Who Do i go to To Deliver Newspapers??;)

Advertisement