Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need SEK for a months visit to Sweden - best value?

• 24-01-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi - as above.

Was going to use the bank and withdraw cash, but thats probably not the safest bet. What do you recommend?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Depending on how much you need, you could bring some SEK cash with you, you'll be able to get this from most banks. If you put your credit card into credit, you can withdraw cash without paying a cash advance fee, although you may still be charged a 'cross border handling fee'. It's usually a bit cheaper than using your Laser card to withdraw from the ATM.

If you are using your Laser card, then make sure that you don't take out small amounts frequently, as you are charged per transaction, but there's usually a cap on the amount they charge you. It's better value to take out larger amounts less frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I have a house in sweden and so im there at least once a year or so.
    What i normally do is exactly as Toots* said just take out large amounts from the atm every now and then or whenever needed. I find it easiest and costs dont vary that much from changing money before you go over.

P.S. If you want to drink/party for cheap just hop over to Denmark on the ferry or bridge. Much cheaper than Sweden!

Advertisement