Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foot Tattoo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Was the tattoo machine silent or???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

maybe i didn't hear it cos i wouldn't shut up :D

are they usually loud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

jsut a buzzing sound like an electric razor

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Loud enough that you can hear them through a closed door...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

That's so funny - it's so loud - you can hear them in the shop part of a tattoo parlour.......

Funny! Made me smile on a dull evening ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

could years of rock, and yes, sometimes even roll, have destroyed my ears to the point that i can't hear a massive needle drilling the back of my neck? :O

i prefer to concude that i'm impervious to pain, and hope this extends to my foot . \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Catmanuel

So I've been trawling through this forum, doing a bit of research and would once again appreciate some advice.

As previously mentioned I'm thinking of getting a small tattoo of a cat on my foot but most foot tattoos I've seen on here are around the ankle.

I want one here:

foot.JPG?imgmax=512

(By the way, its impossible to take a photo of your foot without it looking like you've massive cankles :D)

Anyway, I came across something someone here said along the lines of 'it's not a good idea to get a tattoo too close to the toes because of wear etc'.

Is it a bad place to get one? You guys all seem so helpful and nice, I'd appreciate your imput. :p Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beour nxt door

Catmanuel i think you should go with whatever you think urself. i have 4 other tattoos before i got my ankle done, and i will admit it was sorer then my wrist, back or arm but it all depends on different factors neway.. wats ur own pain tolerance like? and if its on ur ankle that u want it then go 4 it bcoz u cud regret it if u got it done somewhere else. an wat tattooist ar u goin 2 an that sort of thing, how big will it b etc.. it took 2 sittings to complete my ankle but it was totally worth it. it was funny bcoz the nerves in my foot were goin mad, he had to hold my foot dwn coz my foot kept twitchin..

take all the advice u want frm anbody but make sure you listen to what u want to do urself at the end of the day, bcoz its urs 4ever & everybody has different styles and preferences so dnt let them lead u on or put u off!

hope this mite be of sum use 2 u, all the best with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Catmanuel

Thanks beour nxt door, that was helpful. My main concern is about the tat fading if its close to my toes. I'll just have to go and talk to an artist and discuss it with them! Its only a small one I want so hopefully I can put up with pain. 2 sittings sounds tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beour nxt door

ah it was sore but its my favourite one and i should have gotten it done in the first place! ya make sure that u feel comfortable with the artist and whatever it is that u want 2 get the tatt of an ul b grand!
    mine hasnt faded at all and i hav it done a year now, it goes around my ankle and dwn most of my foot. id say go 4 it if u want it but make sure that u do if u do, if that makes any sense.. tink im confusin myself here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭brown-dog

I have a load of tattoos and have both my feet done and will not lie to you when I say that it is painful - more than any other part of the body (except my stomach). The chance of infection is more as the aprt of the body that it is but with good care and not neglecting it anyone should be fine getting one. As regards to it being ruined by rubbing well it needs time to heal after wards before you can go back to wearing socks / shoes etc. I hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Something-Wkd

Hey guys!

I'm still looking for my perfect tattoo. I've gone into a few places with pics and ideas but they wern't very helpful. I got the 'go home and think about it and then come in with a design' reply to my 'this is the idea of what I watn, could you funk it up a bit please?' question!

It's gonna happen though!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

I just got this on Thursday

:)IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg

That's a very pretty tattoo :) I'm not a big fan of stars but it's one of the more tasteful designs I've seen!!

I'm still searching about for something myself. Went into the tattoo shop upstairs on Dominic? Street in Galway and told one of the artists my idea. At first he was like 'that's going to be too small for any detail' but when I told him I didn't mind how big it was so long as it didn't go too far past the ankle he brightened up! He told me about 'photo realism' tattoos. Sounds nice but I'm a bit dubious as I've seen some HORRIBLE ones!!

Anyone have any opinions on photo-realism tattoos??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pinkkiller

i got a vagina tattoo about a month ago and have had no problems with it at all-obviously i have it covered up every day (which didn't affect the healing process). Just make sure your shoes don't rub too much on the area . You can easily pad it with socks etc. Look after it and there should be no problem - i don't believe in waiting for particular seasons to get tattoed but i know sunlight is a big no no for healing tattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my foot but I'm finding it very hard to get ideas. Most of the pics I've found are of stars or flowers but that's not what I'm after. I'd love to get a leopard (funky outline) but again, really hard to find a design that would suit the foot. Any ideas??

Also, I asked a tattoo artist and they said that foot tattoos can smudge if you're not careful for a good while after you get it done...I'm wondering if it would be best to get it done in the summer?? (Flip flops ahoy!) :p

Im sure you have had the tattoo done at this stage, but I have these pair of shoes and the tiger on them looks pretty cool, http://www.cloggs.co.uk/content/ebiz/cloggs/invt/1940/l-pssyct--nat.jpg

Nope, still haven't got it done. I'm hoping that the guy that's designing one for me now will hit the nail on the head!!

Can't rush these things you know? :p

The tiger is pretty cool though :)

Advertisement