Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eggs and cholestrol

Options
  • 04-04-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Is this whole myth gone now? Can you eat as many eggs a day if you want now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Is this whole myth gone now? Can you eat as many eggs a day if you want now?

Yes and yes

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/02February/Pages/Eggsafety.aspx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This is better suited to the Nutrition & Diet forum

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There is history of high cholesterol and bad hearts on my Dads side of the family. My Nanna has chickens so I get the free range eggs and I eat almost two a day. We had a big debate about this particular topic and my uncle who recently had a quadruple by pass was told not to eat more than three eggs a week by the professionals.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I often eat 20 eggs a week, have not died yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I eat a minimum of 10 eggs a week. My cholesterol is 4.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

As others have said I'd also eat 15-20 eggs a week, never had a problem with my cholesterol!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I eat a number of eggs for breakfast most mornings and my cholesterol tested 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

conzy wrote: »
    I often eat 20 eggs a week, have not died yet

"Excuse me, how much is it for a ticket to Gainz Central?"

"That'll be 20 eggs a day"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I eat about 10-12 a week.

My cholesterol is 3.8.

Oh and I eat lots of butter too.

Advertisement