Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Success. Pick TV is now working. Thank you dnme. The card is in the lower slot with the chip facing down.

I used your files but changed the box key 00000000. I also used a slightly newer version of oscam 1.00.5953 from here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html and it all worked fine after I switched off the power and rebooted the vu+ duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks both a great result, now do i wait for that ultimo or dive in now???

gbcullen

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Is RTE2 in HD via Sky?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is RTE2 in HD via Sky?
    Nothing to do with this thread, but no, it's not HD on Sky.

How is it nothing to do with this thread? We are/were talking about the best way to get Irish DTT on the Vu+. I only just thought about the 'HD aspect' and so thought to ask both because of this thread and as a direct result of what was asked.

Not having HD makes it a definite no-no as far as I'm concerned. (I do have a no-longer-in-use Sky card that I was thinking of maybe trying out).

• Advertisement

RTE two is in HD on saorview which can be got on the vu+ duo using a usb dtt dongle. It cannot be got in HD on same satellite as sky or via a skybox.

It should be possible to get it via Saorsat in the future but that isn't readily available yet

byte

How is it nothing to do with this thread? We are/were talking about the best way to get Irish DTT on the Vu+. I only just thought about the 'HD aspect' and so thought to ask both because of this thread and as a direct result of what was asked.

Not having HD makes it a definite no-no as far as I'm concerned. (I do have a no-longer-in-use Sky card that I was thinking of maybe trying out).
    Ah, right, sorry. Misunderstood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

I think we should qualify SAORSAT in that it will be broadcast from 9east, using a spot beam, and it will require a totally different type of LNB, that at the moment costs a fortune. look here for all the info. http://www.saortv.info/satellite-saorsat/

should I get my vu+duo or wait??
    gbc--

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I think we should qualify SAORSAT in that it will be broadcast from 9east, using a spot beam, and it will require a totally different type of LNB, that at the moment costs a fortune. look here for all the info. http://www.saortv.info/satellite-saorsat/

should I get my vu+duo or wait??
    gbc--

Why wait? It's a great box and half the fun is learning to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

Can someone confirm, with the latest version of VIX, I can no longer store my epg on internal memory, is this correct?

Main menu - setup - system - epg - settings - epg location

I used to be able to choose internal memory here, but now the only options I see are /media/hdd and a network mount I have setup. Is this correct? If so why? It used to run great when on internal storage. Now I regularly get spinning vix and gsod.

Also, has anyone elses RTE/DTT epg disappeared again? whats the cure this time?

• Advertisement

Yeah your right about not being able to save the epg to internal memory. I connected a USB memory stick to by vu+ and can save the epg to it. This means the hard drive doesn't have to keep spinning up anymore.

The RTE/DTT epg is working fine for me. I've CrossEPG set to download the Sky UK open epg.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Yeah your right about not being able to save the epg to internal memory. I connected a USB memory stick to by vu+ and can save the epg to it. This means the hard drive doesn't have to keep spinning up anymore.

The RTE/DTT epg is working fine for me. I've CrossEPG set to download the Sky UK open epg.

I used to be able to save epg to internal memory. Why can't I anymore? It was the most stable when I could do that.

Also, that epg feature where you can preview many channels in the epg window is just crazy. I press epg, browse to a chan, click ok and preview it in the top right small window. I then continue browsing on through the epg looking at different chans, and times reading the epg to see whats coming up. Now I decide I want to watch the chan thats previewing in the top right window. But wait...... I can't, at least not easily!!!

If I press ok, I'll go into preview mode on the chan that I currently have the cursor on. If I press exit, I'll revert back to the chan that I was on before I entered the epg. The only way to watch what I now wanna watch is to scroll all the way back up through the epg, find that chan that I am previewing anyway and press ok on it (again). But what if I am not sure or dont remember the chan name etc. It's just bloody awful, catches me out all the time. Talk about a textbook lesson in how not to do usability!

Also, anyone elses DTT epg done these past few days? I'm pulling both rytec and opentv etc, but the DTT stuff is just gone (again).

byte

m1nder wrote: »
    I used to be able to save epg to internal memory. Why can't I anymore? It was the most stable when I could do that.

Also, that epg feature where you can preview many channels in the epg window is just crazy. I press epg, browse to a chan, click ok and preview it in the top right small window. I then continue browsing on through the epg looking at different chans, and times reading the epg to see whats coming up. Now I decide I want to watch the chan thats previewing in the top right window. But wait...... I can't, at least not easily!!!

If I press ok, I'll go into preview mode on the chan that I currently have the cursor on. If I press exit, I'll revert back to the chan that I was on before I entered the epg. The only way to watch what I now wanna watch is to scroll all the way back up through the epg, find that chan that I am previewing anyway and press ok on it (again). But what if I am not sure or dont remember the chan name etc. It's just bloody awful, catches me out all the time. I've raised it before I know but jesus, talk about a textbook lesson in how not to do usability!

Also, anyone elses DTT epg done these past few days? I'm pulling both rytec and opentv etc, but the DTT stuff is just gone (again).
    I'd imagine that they removed the option to save the EPG to internal memory, to perhaps keep as much available to VIX and maybe help keep it more stable?

I store my EPG, Picons, etc to HDD - I'll take my chances :)

On another note, regarding the Nova-T, I'm finding it much more stable now that it's plugged into a powered USB hub. It might be the hub, or maybe a Vix-Fix, but either way, it's far more reliable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

just noticed, crossepg will not save to media/usb. it keeps saving to media/hdd, I'm using latest updated Vix. on VUDuo.

Is it possible to go back to older versions of VIX? Where would I find such downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How do I get the 37.5W satellite on the Vu+ with VIX? It jumps straight from 30W to 45W for me.

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City is on there in 4:2:2, was going to watch(through VLC).

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ocy

Just to update, one dodgy hdd later got my Vu+duo up and running, using latest version of VIX, and loving it!
    Still not using for its full capability but still liking speed compared to my old DM7025.
    Thanks for all the advice
    ocy

• Registered Users Posts: 33 chris76

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    How do I get the 37.5W satellite on the Vu+ with VIX? It jumps straight from 30W to 45W for me.

Shamrock Rovers v Derry City is on there in 4:2:2, was going to watch(through VLC).

I know it's a little late oatesy but you need to update your .XML file just google it. Once you have chosen your sats needed FTP the file to the duo to etc/enigma2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

chris76 wrote: »
    I know it's a little late oatesy but you need to update your .XML file just google it. Once you have chosen your sats needed FTP the file to the duo to etc/enigma2

Thanks Chris. Worked grand. Have 37.5W now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Does the VU+ Duo decode 4:2:2 signals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

no, I think the azbox can.

I think you may be able to view 4:2:2 signals if you stream to your computer and use VLC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone else having trouble with the crossEPG downloader?

i am using openTV and crossepg downloader at 4am. it never downloads the EPG correctly just the FTV channels.

i done a full rescan and rebooted.

seems to have solved the problem for now, ill check tonight again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with the crossEPG downloader?

i am using openTV and crossepg downloader at 4am. it never downloads the EPG correctly just the FTV channels.

i done a full rescan and rebooted.

seems to have solved the problem for now, ill check tonight again

I'm finding CrossEPG very flaky lately :(
    I have it set to open EPG for 28.2e and 13e(Sky Italia) along with a few rytec sources and for the last 2 weeks my EPG is a mess.
    And I'm finding that even with Rytec sources disabled and just set to 28,2e OpenTV that it will download fine one day and be a complete mess the next, necessitating a forced download to populate the EPG again....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

any other EPG you can use on VIX?

+1 on the poor epg.

I have had no Irish DTT EPG for ages now and lately I'm missing ITV HD, Chan 5/HD, 5*, 5USA, Pick TV, Motors TV and Viva. It s a mess.

+1 on the poor epg.

I have had no Irish DTT EPG for ages now and lately I'm missing ITV HD, Chan 5/HD, 5*, 5USA, Pick TV, Motors TV and Viva. It s a mess.

I can only conclude you have it set up wrong.

DTT epg working fine here. As for the rest, I don't think I ever had Channel 5 HD and the others you mention (I do have Channel 5 standard though). Possibly I do/did have those channels, but I'd never look at them either way.

I can see why you'd be upset if it was working and suddenly "isn't", but still you must have something somewhere set up differently. A similar thing happened me a few months back. It had happened because my Duo wasn't connected to the network/internet at the time. Once I sorted that I twiddled a few settings and it all worked fine. Can't remember what exactly I did -something about Rytec/ OpenTV.

It's silly to just slam the whole system/ device like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on the poor epg.

My DTT EPG is populating perfectly, have no issues at all with that
    irishgeo wrote: »
    any other EPG you can use on VIX?
    You could use the XMLTV importer in the EPG menu and set it to a scheduled download.
    Then not use crossepg at all I suppose.
    But I much prefer the OpenTV data from CrossEPG as its the actual Sat data and is more reliable for Autotimers and the like.
    And there are other .xml EPG plugins but most use the same datasources as far as i know, not sure about ones for OpenTV data

• Advertisement

@Gunther Gloop @banie01

Care to tell me how you have your epg setup?

Edit: I just did a manual Rytec epg download, it has successfully populated my DTT channels, so I'm guessing my auto setup must be overwriting it. Tell me, what order do I run the epg downloads in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement