Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 - 1000 mile challenge - How far have you run since Jan 1st?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Just hit 1000 miles, six months earlier than last year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

I had to add myself back in but theres a raft of youngannes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

This looks more like a google docs bug as there were changes made to the document that are not possible to be done by a person. If the owner of the doc posts here then google will have a look at it. Usually take 1-2 days when I have a problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've just reverted back to the pre younganne takeover this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

robinph wrote: »
    I've just reverted back to the pre younganne takeover this morning.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Younganne wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you thought it was bad when there was six of you, you should have seen it a few minutes ago. You were close to taking over the world. :)

Thought that we'd bored the spreadsheet vandals by this stage. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

robinph wrote: »
    If you thought it was bad when there was six of you, you should have seen it a few minutes ago. You were close to taking over the world. :)

Thought that we'd bored the spreadsheet vandals by this stage. :mad:

i did see it but got such a fright i just closed back out of it!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Congratulations to Ray for crossing the 2000 mile mark. :D

In June!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

Congratulations to Ray for crossing the 2000 mile mark. :D

In June!!!! :eek:

Unreal running by Ray :eek: There was me being thrilled to get over the 1,000 today :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭neilc

Went through the 1000 mile barrier tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

1000 ticked over on this morning run. Now lets see if I can hold it together for the second half :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Passed the 1000 mark today during the Waterford Marathon.A big thank you to those that came up with this idea,it really helps to push on for another mile or two with the chips are down:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just tipped over the 1k mark today myself - behind target so here's to an injury free 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

Got to the 1000 mark yesterday morning, July 1st, in the Phoenix Park. I had hoped to make it before the end of June, but was just 4 miles short.
    Well done to the 3 who made it on June 30th. Now, I hope to make it to 2,000 before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seanie_m

I'm quite late to the party here (in case anyone is wondering who the dud is at the bottom of the list) but thought I'd take part and try and make it as close to 1,000 as i can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

This is first week I've been able to run since March really. Problems with my knees since then. Starting back very slowly and hopefully there is no re occurrence any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Finally passed the 1,000 mile mark on Sunday after a 15 miler. Since Kildare a combination of marathon-recovery, work, holidays, mountain-climbing and illness, in that order, have played merry hell with the training schedule. Back in harness now, hopefully, and normal service has been resumed. Now the challenge is to get that average back over 40m per week, and hit 2,000 before years-end.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

What is everyone training for/recovering from to account for their high mileage? In my case London Marathon last April and Berlin in September next so 2 marathon cycles of miles and miles..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Dublin half marathon this year, Amsterdam marathon next year. I want to be running at least 100k a week consistently by the time I start the specific marathon training. Or earlier, by the end of the year perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Trained for Connemarathon for the first 3 months, then built mileage up to 55 miles a week in preparation for Dublin Marathon training. I'm a relatively slow runner compared to the others around me in the spreadsheet, but the increased mileage definitely helped me get faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Rolex_ wrote: »
    What is everyone training for/recovering from to account for their high mileage? In my case London Marathon last April and Berlin in September next so 2 marathon cycles of miles and miles..

Dingle Ultra in Sept for me. Mileage has ramped up again over past 3 weeks. Enjoying it so far but still a long way to go.

RayCun wrote: »
    Dublin half marathon this year, Amsterdam marathon next year. I want to be running at least 100k a week consistently by the time I start the specific marathon training. Or earlier, by the end of the year perhaps.

Serious base mileage target. Haven't quite managed a single week of 100k yet this or any other year. Following P&D in search of a sub 3 in Berlin (3:02 in London) so if I stick to plan and the body holds up I have 9 weeks of 100k between now and mid-September

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

connemara ultra:)
    crawley 6 hour track race:)
    portumna 50k:)
    waterford marathon:)
    dingle 50m
    carlow to kilkenny marathon
    dublin marathon
    eddie murphy memorial 52.4m
    clonakillty marathon
    maybe one or two more:D,started training at christmas and havnt stopped yet:)

London back in April and Marine Corp Marathon (Washington) in October for me. But I'm only just over the 700 miles point so far and am not looking like I'll be knocking off anywhere near enough between now and October now to be able to put in a decent effort there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seanie_m

connemara ultra:)
    crawley 6 hour track race:)
    portumna 50k:)
    waterford marathon:)
    dingle 50m
    carlow to kilkenny marathon
    dublin marathon
    eddie murphy memorial 52.4m
    clonakillty marathon
    maybe one or two more:D,started training at christmas and havnt stopped yet:)

My legs are getting tired just reading this list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

What is everyone training for/recovering from to account for their high mileage?

Dingle Ultra as well for me.
    Started out with a marathon as a goal, that became a 50km (Portumna)
    I'd also like to tackle this:
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/1636567
    Might get to do it later in the year after Dingle.
    If anyone else would like to try it that would be great.
    I'm also thinking about doing the blackwater/duhallow/avondu way as a multi-day
    Currently just enjoying the running.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

b.harte wrote: »
    Dingle Ultra as well for me.
    Started out with a marathon as a goal, that became a 50km (Portumna)
    I'd also like to tackle this:
    http://connect.garmin.com/course/1636567
    Might get to do it later in the year after Dingle.
    If anyone else would like to try it that would be great.
    I'm also thinking about doing the blackwater/duhallow/avondu way as a multi-day
    Currently just enjoying the running.
    i might do it aswell,let me no about 4 weeks before,and i will see if i can talk a few others onboard,keep up the great work,roll on dingle:)

Dunno how you ultra guys do it! Fair play!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

I had run just over 900 miles last year so I took up this challenge to push myself a bit more,floated with the idea of doing a marathon & so with the mileage going well did the Waterford marathon.To have gone over the 1000 mile mark already this year has really surprised me.Plan for the rest of the year? Would love to have a go at the Dublin marathon but probably won't be able to train as much for it + need an operation on my left ankle which hopefully won't keep me out of action too long.If Dublin doesn't work out then either the Waterford half marathon or Clonakilty marathon in December will be my targets.

• Advertisement

Dunno how you ultra guys do it! Fair play!! :)
    Them ultra types are a few energy gels short of a...

Advertisement