Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due in May?

• 11-01-2011 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Just trying to find some bump buddies! :)

I'm due on the 16th May and going to the Rotunda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Congratulations. Unfortunately i can't be a bump buddy but i am developing a nice beer belly. Seriously though my Partner is due in June and we're very happy.
    Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Hiya,
    Im also due in may...on the 3rd.... with my first and second baba :)
    Hope all is going well for you so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

Hi amiable, best of luck to you and your missus! x

Newmammy2011, twins!?! That is so exciting! How you finding it all?

Been fine so far! fingers crossed that keeps up!
    Starting to get quite big quite rapidly now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Im due the 23rd of May so a couple of weeks behind you I found out yesterday were having a girl were delighted

How you finding your pregnancy? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

hi girls!
    congrats to you all xx
    im due on the 3rd of may, starting to get a nice bump now, i love it because now i look pregnant as opposed to just tubby!!!

is anyone starting to get a little overwhelmed at the amount of stuff we need to buy, or am i the only idiot looking that far in advance!

melsbells wrote: »
    hi girls!
    congrats to you all xx
    im due on the 3rd of may, starting to get a nice bump now, i love it because now i look pregnant as opposed to just tubby!!!

is anyone starting to get a little overwhelmed at the amount of stuff we need to buy, or am i the only idiot looking that far in advance!

You're due same day as me :D

Had agreed with OH that we wouldnt buy anything until after xmas...but in the two and a half weeks since Ive gone a bit mad....and bought 2 cots, 2 car seats,2 changing mats, a travel cot, a buggy, a steriliser and a few bits of clothes! :o

hopefully you got some great deals, cant begin to imagine the cost of two of everything, im panicking with just the one of each! i have my travel system got since 17wks, it was on sale so when i had the money i got it, hubby just nodded, he blames hormones for everything! am borrowing moses baskets and mil bought the changing unit so just need the cot now!

you must be getting some serious kicks with two in there?!

Yeah we were trying to get a good bit in the sales!
    We got a good deal on our buggy from Kiddicare.com and got our steriliser from there also. Steriliser was £13.50 and included 2 big and 2 small bottles!
    Cots and travel cot and matresses, we got in smyths.
    Car seats and changing mats were from mothercare.

Defo feeling lots of kicks now...have been feeling them moving for a fair few weeks now but they are really active for the last 3 or 4 weeks now.
    In the last week or so I can see my belly moving which is a bit weird looking...but quite funny!!!!

Been fine so far! fingers crossed that keeps up!
    Starting to get quite big quite rapidly now tho!

Awwwm bless!

I went in yesterday for my 'big' scan and it was amazing seeing the little person (we didn't find out) bopping about. Apparently I've got a little kicker in there which I could've guessed from the little nudges I've been getting! :)
    Im due the 23rd of May so a couple of weeks behind you I found out yesterday were having a girl were delighted

How you finding your pregnancy? :D

I'm sure I know you from another forum!! :D

I'm not too bad. Just craving soleros ALL THE TIME! I wonder if thats just me or is it to do with the pregnancy! :)

How you finding everything? Had your scan yet? xx
    melsbells wrote: »
    hi girls!
    congrats to you all xx

Hi melsbells (also think I know you from another forum...:) )

I have bought NOTHING! My OH said we had to wait until after this scan just in case anything was wrong and now that everything is fine, I have no idea where to start. I read that from next week, if the baby is born they have a really good chance of surviving so I will be going out and buying the hospital bag stuff urgently - I get freaked out easily! :) People keep asking me about buggy's and I haven't a notion! I can tell if something is pretty but other than that the practicalities of it all escapes me! :)

We really are in countdown mode, eh???

• Advertisement

Im actually not craving anything well nothing that Ive noticed anyway, I use to crave stuffing all up till Christmas till I got stuffed with it so that sorted me :D

You prob do know me from another forum I love reading up on anything pregnancy related lol :rolleyes:

Im good had the big scan yesterday all prefect so were delighted havent stopped smiling since actually :o

My sister is getting my Pram as a gift for babs so delighted with that she has three of her own and we have pretty much the same taste so Im more then happy to leave it up to her, picking up our moses this weekend from mothercare since we now know the sex - everything in certain colours are soooo much cheaper then netural which is a shame really to those who dont want to find out yet, after that just have to pick up a Steriliser got avent bottles in tescos for half price ;)
    and after that il just be picking up things for hopsital bag as everyone else is buying an item for baby first girl/babs in a while :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Had a scare yesterday (a small amount of bleeding) but baby is still kicking. Strictly speaking our unborn child is due on the 21st of June but due to several medical issues we have been told that the latest they would be delivered would be the 7th of June (at 38 weeks), more realistically 31st May (at 37 weeks) or a bit earlier. Our son baby Shane was born at 37 weeks on 2nd April last year and was a c-section (medical reasons) and this one will be too. Gender determination scan this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bakedbean

How did your scan go Cathy, hope all was well?

We had ours last weekend. I have to say I've never seen anything so amazing in all my life. The guy that scanned me was able to show all the fingers and toes. We could even see all the chambers of the heart and a tiny bladder (which - he said - implies that the kidneys are working away). Ironically, the printer paper ran out so we've got one photo of the face and two of the genitals!:D

I think I've got a new due date now - not sure if it's mid-May or end of May!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

bakedbean wrote: »
    How did your scan go Cathy, hope all was well?

We had ours last weekend. I have to say I've never seen anything so amazing in all my life. The guy that scanned me was able to show all the fingers and toes. We could even see all the chambers of the heart and a tiny bladder (which - he said - implies that the kidneys are working away). Ironically, the printer paper ran out so we've got one photo of the face and two of the genitals!:D

I think I've got a new due date now - not sure if it's mid-May or end of May!
    Hi, sorry that I am only replying now, have been busy with other stuff. Baby was fine in the scan, we have her name picked out now...our dates were also earlier which were closer to my actual dates but we are sticking to the dates given at 12 weeks - we have a detailed scan at 22 weeks and then we are hoping to get a 4d scan of her at 26 weeks like we did with our son. Seing your child is priceless - they are amazing fun when they are born as well - they bring so much joy.

hey ladies!
    how we all doing? havnt been on for a while, this is my first week in the last 20 that i havnt gotten sick once:eek::D im almost back to normal and im on top of the world, finally enjoying my pregnancy and actually look good! have been able to eat normal meals and have been out 3 times for my walk so im starting to loosen out a little now in my hips which feels great! i honestly cant describe how happy i am finally, i was thinking last week of going to my gp as i genuinely thought i was starting to get depressed!
    so armed with my new found energy i headed shopping with mother today, wow im sooooooooooo not ready for this baby:D wanted a baby bath and a changing mat, got a both for e25 so was happy out, then we had a look at the blankets and sheets, oh god women, there was so many to choose from. i have 2 moses baskets im going to borrow but want new sheets,but wonderin what else i need? do you put blankets in them, cellular or fleece etc, not a clue do i have!!!! cots, fitted sheets, flat sheets, gro bags, quilts, bumpers, my god my head was spinning!!! i'd need to be buying 3/4 a week from now till may to have enough! but even tho it was scary it was so much fun:) im actually excited and it feels good!

im also just wonderin(after all that babbling!) how the bumps are coming along? in this last week i've gotten pretty big, am all bump tho dont look pregs from behind, wonder if that predicts a gender?!!

Hi MelsBells!

I'm 6 months today!! Freaking out went into overdrive last week when my OH came home and said 'One of the girls in work's brother's girlfriends had her baby today.' and I jsut said 'Ermmm... yay?' To which he replied 'She wasn't due until the end of April'!!!!

I have bought nothing as we're going to be moving at the end of Feb so I don't want to have too much big stuff to be getting ready to go and I was chatting to the OH's sister and she has some stuff she can give us which is handy and my dad (lives in New York and this will be his first grandchild) keeps asking me what he can get so I'm thinking of just picking out a buggy this weekend and invoicing him! ;)

Apart from that I have no idea what to be doing! We are keeping it a surprise because while I would like to find out for further bonding, himself has admitted he wouldn't be able to keep it a secret so that made our minds up for us.

Cathy, I'm so glad everything is going well for you! *hugs*

Bakedbean, aww sounds like you got loads of info at your scan! Our midwife just kept saying how great the baby's spine was and showed us the femur and checked the heart. I know its silly to be worrying that she didn't say much because if there was something wrong she would have said...! :o

Butterflylove, congrats on the scan too! :)

OH is not impressed as I have been playing il Divo and Bocelli into my tummy all weekend. I figure I might as well get this kid liking some of my music now before the OH can share his weird Matt Cardle obsession with him/her! ;)

Going to log off to sit still now so I can feel my little kicker go... I've started talking to the bump now, feels a little weird but sure, isn't it all about the bonding.

xx

Hi all turned 23wks yesterday :D

Feel like Im flying along and when I count up days off due to appointments etc I feel a little scared at how close everything is! We have almost everything sorted now thanks to Family and friends buying big stuff as gifts, so not really worried about how prepared I am.

My mam told me to expect the unexpected, there tends to be a few early arrivals in our family :rolleyes:

On the topic of bumps I feel like im huge sometimes I forget just how unbalanced I am till I drop something to pick it up and end up going forward onto my knees lol :D

OH sings to our little one and she either loves it or hates it so much shes kicks like craazy for him to stop lol

I find myself talking to her about my day, asking how she is etc I've been getting well funny looks as with my coat you cant see my bump so it looks like Im just talking to myself :p

Had GP visit yesterday and was complaining about going, didnt see the need etc turns out I have low blood pressure, signs of an infection and have lost more weight then she was happy with but other then that babs is measuring good and while she didnt like been poked, she is still very very active :D

So excited to meet her now roll on the 23rd of May :) Hope everyone is doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

My daughter is due on the 8th May but I'm a man, can I still be a bump buddy?

Advertisement