Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone any experience of EWT Technologies and their Gold Series of water softeners?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ewtechnologies.ie/

They had a half price offer on at the weekend, was tempted to buy as I hope to have a system bought this week or next.

Any feedback welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

They wouldn't be great TBH (chinese)
    if you are buying a water softener go for a Clack or an Autotrol both are easy to maintain and parts are easily available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

dm1388 wrote: »
    They wouldn't be great TBH (chinese)
    if you are buying a water softener go for a Clack or an Autotrol both are easy to maintain and parts are easily available

Very Hard to beat Clack equipment.All components are serviceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

EWT put mine in 2 year's ago and never had a problem. For €120 they change the filter give the machine a once over and get 7 free bags of salt and it's covered then for the year.

I really cant fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

JohnnieK wrote: »
    EWT put mine in 2 year's ago and never had a problem. For €120 they change the filter give the machine a once over and get 7 free bags of salt and it's covered then for the year.

I really cant fault them.

The difference being the Clack water Softeners will last 20 plus years with minimal servicing and if anything breaks every single part is easily replaced.
    And the ones EWT can't be programmed to water hardness and aren't volume controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Can somebody pm me the contact details of the Clack water softner installers please?
    DO they provide free installation as the EWT guys??
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

peaceboi wrote: »
    Can somebody pm me the contact details of the Clack water softner installers please?
    DO they provide free installation as the EWT guys??
    Thanks

www.galwaywater.ie

http://www.watertreatment.ie/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=joomlaplates.tpl&product_id=8&category_id=3&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=8

I rang galwaywater last week and they have different guys that service different parts of the country, fella calling out next couple of days to me to see what I might need.

I rang EWT and they had an offer on a softener for 499 that was timer based that uses 120 litres of water on a flush, they really tried a hard sell on their next model up for 629 which was meter based which uses only 40 litres on a flush. Even so, the clack "looks" better if all the evidence is correct.

I've estimated cost to supply and fit somewhere between 750-800 for the clack, I reckon I'll have layout made back on the clack after end of year 2 between reduced running and service costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

I install both Clack and autotrol, my preference is Clack there a fantastic control valve and as mentioned before a lot of these cheap softeners are Chinese rubbish where replacement parts are an issue. Go with a softener with a Clack ci volumetric control valve and you won't go wrong, stay away from time controlled valves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Celtic Water Solutions http://www.celticwatersolutions.ie/ installed mine just over 12 months ago and so far so good, used 4 bags of salt in 12 months. Salt costs me only €7.50/bag locally. The only regret I have it not getting it sooner

Installed with a bag of salt thrown in was €600

I got the Clack WS1 TC

CWS_003.JPG

How big is the house? How many people in it?

That looks perfect to replace my old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

2 Adults + 2 Kids (11 & 7) - 2.5 bathrooms. I got the 10 x 24 unit, and living in a very hard water area it seems to cope adequately

• Advertisement

nice one ike, thanks for that. similar here. no point in me spending more than I have to. I'll see what guy says when he calls out next 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 oxomoxo

EWT installed a Gold Series water softener for me a few months ago. We haven't had any limescale since and every 2 months i get a text to check the system for salt or text them back if i need any questions answered. Service is top quality - cant fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BillHallett

Installed an EWT system two months ago: ‘water softener’ (although my water is very soft …) with U/V bug killer and reverse osmosis unit for drinking water. Total cost €1,420.00. I hope the softener will cure iron and manganese contamination. Note that the equipment carries no maker’s logo, but subsequently found it was all made by Hydrotech, an American company with a very good catalogue on line. How do EWT claim ‘Guaranteed Irish’? I have not yet had the water tested for Fe and Mn contamination …

Advertisement