Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Marsan

Options
  • 02-02-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭

This guys is a terrific character actor. He gives yet another great performance in Filth. He was fantastic in Tyrannosaur too. He will probably be one of those great actors that never wins an Oscar:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Peter O' Toole never won an Oscar. Plenty of great actors male and female never won one.

But I do agree he is a terrific character actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Excellent actor, always turns in a top performance whatever he's in.

Thought he was fantastic as the driving instructor in Happy Go Lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is great in the tv show Ray Donovan too,

I don't think I've seen a bad performance by him and he is so versatile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

A quite brilliant actor who will never be out of work.
    Tyrannosaur is a masterclass from the three leads.
    Not mentioned yet is The Disappearance of Alice Creed, a superb, low budget three-hander with Marsan, Gemma Arterton and Martin Compston.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Eddie Marsan and Peter Mullan are 2 actors who frighten the shyte out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He played a journalist called Jake Whitehead in Channel 4's adaptation of the Red Riding books by David Peace. He appears in two of the episodes in a small role but is really good.
    There was actually a 4th book in the series that Channel 4 chose to ignore for some reason, which was a damn shame because Whitehead was the main character in that one and turns out to be the best character in all of the books as far as I’m concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Can play the greatest wimp or the scariest fooker you could ever come across.Bit like Philip Seymour Hoffman in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Big props on Mullan. He's so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭wytch

He is one hell of an actor. Check out junkhearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Marsan flips so well from maniac to cuddly types so easily though. A true testament to his acting credentials. Compare Tyrannesaurs to Filth for example, the transition is incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Can play the greatest wimp or the scariest fooker you could ever come across.Bit like Philip Seymour Hoffman in that way.

PSH was the first to come to mind for me too, second was Ted Levine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah Eddie Marsan is a class act, i'd mention Sean Harris in there too. Two great actors. Anyone remember Eddie in the sitcom "game on"?

Watched the end of a Will Smith movie one night on the TV and there was the bould eddie with a deep south accent playing the baddie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Eddie is brilliant in "Still Life", his best performance yet. Excellent film, one of the best of 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yeah Eddie Marsan is a class act, i'd mention Sean Harris in there too. Two great actors. Anyone remember Eddie in the sitcom "game on"?

Watched the end of a Will Smith movie one night on the TV and there was the bould eddie with a deep south accent playing the baddie!!

Did he play an escaped con? I loved Game On, proper 90's sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Ian Hart and David Thewlis can be included on this list also.

Advertisement