Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Anyone having problems with the site this morning? I haven't been able to access the online banking link since 8

• Registered Users Posts: 15 born 2 shop

Anyone else having problems just logging in this morning? Thought I was up and running last week. Looks like they still haven't managed the take-over as smoothly as everyone would have appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

I've had an MBNA card 17years. But I've enough now. Time to move on. Especially after the interest hike last year.
    I can't even ring them this morning to cancel my card. Neither of their numbers are working. Shoddy at best by Avant. Not a good start for them.

I haven't been able to log in online in weeks. Don't forget, if you want to cancel, do it before April 1st or you'll owe another €30 Gov card tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Turty3

The site appears to be down, sort of, this morning you can register for 3D secure but can't login to account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Chef-1st wrote: »
    I've had an MBNA card 17years. But I've enough now. Time to move on. Especially after the interest hike last year.
    I can't even ring them this morning to cancel my card. Neither of their numbers are working. Shoddy at best by Avant. Not a good start for them.

Online banking part of website down completely as of 9.30am, phones not working either, if the numbers don't disconnect you immediately they do so in the middle of the call. Getting quite funny now :D

• Advertisement

Going to ring Bank of Ireland shortly about changing to their Visa card. I have been with MBNA for the last 18 years without any problems. I clear my bill at the end of each month but this may be the first time I wont have it cleared by its due date, 2nd April, as I CANNOT LOG IN TO PAY AND CAN'T GET TO A POST OFFICE IN TIME FOR PAYMENT TO GO THROUGH.....really annoyed and angry at Avant and their lack of communication and professionalism. I've had enough now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Can't see any mention so far, but does anyone know if direct debits set up for payment to MBNA will continue to work with AvantCard? Can't find anything on their website about it and their phone lines still aren't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

What kind of tin pot operation are they running? What a shambles.

:confused:Can anyone clarify this for me, please? The maximum payment transfer on-line using a visa debit card is €750. Is this per transaction or per statement. I transferred €500 from my debit card and it showed the following day. I transferred €350 the following day, which hasn't credited to my account. Is this going to go back into my bank as part or full refund, I wonder or is it just another slow start from Avant?

I applied for an AIB credit card the other day. I'm going to transfer my current Credit Card balance from MBNA/Avant to the AIB card. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to get the ball rolling on this? I don't actually know what's on my Avantcard since I can't register or login but is it a case of informing AIB that I wish to transfer the balance and they look after the rest or is this something I need to do myself? I just want to be prepared if I have to go through a long rigamarole with Avantcard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I applied for an AIB credit card the other day. I'm going to transfer my current Credit Card balance from MBNA/Avant to the AIB card. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to get the ball rolling on this? I don't actually know what's on my Avantcard since I can't register or login but is it a case of informing AIB that I wish to transfer the balance and they look after the rest or is this something I need to do myself? I just want to be prepared if I have to go through a long rigamarole with Avantcard.

Same as you, I use my CC a lot each month and I can't get a right figure on what is on it and I am going to move to Tesco now :mad:

Is there any point in contacting the financial regulator? This is shambolic.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With Tesco there is no online access here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Chef-1st wrote: »
    Don't forget, if you want to cancel, do it before April 1st or you'll owe another €30 Gov card tax.

Good advice. Does anyone know how we can go about cancelling the card as they are not answering the phone?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

KoolKid wrote: »

But I bet they answer their phones :D

Ya, its a pi**R off in fairness, but the way that Avant are going about this is nothing short of disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Faricy

I tried to use my MBNA credit card (now Avantcard) over the weekend and it was declined even though I've fully paid up my account. I tried to contact them yesterday to no avail. I tried contacting them this morning on every number listed and each time the number would ring once and an automated reply would tell me that there was no reply! I contacted the Ombudsman's office and they tell me that there is some issue going on with the Central Bank and to watch the website for more details. The minute this is resolved I am cancelling my card!

There's no online access with Avantcard either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mikkijan

Mezcita wrote: »
    Good advice. Does anyone know how we can go about cancelling the card as they are not answering the phone?

Put a dated letter in the post, and keep a copy

Avant Card Ireland Ltd
    PO Box 25
    Carrick on Shannon
    Co Leitrim

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are very good and efficient on the phones.
    It's just a pain having to call up for balance enquiries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Faricy wrote: »
    I contacted the Ombudsman's office and they tell me that there is some issue going on with the Central Bank and to watch the website for more details.

Which website? I'll be watching with baited breath!!

This morning, after the server came back up, I first got told by the website that I wasn't using a valid avantcard card and now I'm being told I have an activation block on my card and to call them. They're not answering the phones. They don't want me to register obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

This is ridiculous!
    Paper less banking but they still want you credit limit from your "statement".

This seems like a very bad changeover! I hope some Project Manager is getting an earful!

• Advertisement

Now if I ring all I get is "Calls may be recorded for training & quality purposes", then one single ring and then silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I had some worries when I heard that MBNA Ireland was being taken over by a Spanish outfit I had never heard of.
    It would seem that I had good reason to.
    I wonder if it's time to go back to one of our 2 "Pillars" and say sorry for being away?

They are very good and efficient on the phones.
    It's just a pain having to call up for balance enquiries etc.

Thats Tesco is it? :D

I must see what Danske are like, who I bank with.

What limits do Tesco give, I have a large limit on my card which I would require to keep.

yop wrote: »

Thats Tesco is it? :D

I must see what Danske are like, who I bank with.

What limits do Tesco give, I have a large limit on my card which I would require to keep.

I'm sure they are happy to match a limit if you are transferring a balance. Subject to criteria of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Well at least you got music, bad and all as it was.
    Just silence for me after they announce they are recording me. What's the Spanish for "Bloody Hell!"
    Maybe next time it'll be 3rd time lucky and I'll get some heavy breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Play Bunny

Rang them there, site will b up and running later (yea rite) there tech team are aware of the prob....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Well I registered no problem last week on the Avant website but can't make online purchases now as it says my account is blocked even though it isn't! Eventually I got through to them, the call went straight through to a customer service bod, it seems like they've turned off the automated response now. The issue for me is the 3D Secure, it won't accept my details and blocks me using the card online. Avant say it's an issue, the system is down at the moment. No flags on my account but he can't even see the 3D Secure details for any accounts on his system. it seems chaotic, the volume of calls I could hear in the background suggests they are run off their feet.

He says the system should be back up and running this afternoon.....

One thing I will say is don't take it out on the customer service people, they are very helpful when you get through and it's not their fault, this is an IT issue and it's them and senior management who have overseen this who are to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Granduca57

Just been trying to get online and ring Avantcard. No access online or noone answering phones. Is there a problem ????? - just wondering if they've been hacked or something. When an organisation like this goes silent you have to wonder what problem is ????????

We will see.
    No point in abusing the CS in fairness, they are only the messenger.
    Though when I worked for a large corporate on the phones when I came out of college, a woman turned up at reception looking for me, and it wasn't to sit on my face and tell me she loved me either :D

• Advertisement

Granduca57 wrote: »
    Just been trying to get online and ring Avantcard. No access online or noone answering phones. Is there a problem ????? - just wondering if they've been hacked or something. When an organisation like this goes silent you have to wonder what problem is ????????

The problem is communication. You can tell that there wasn't enough communication in handing over the service, and there certainly hasn't been since it was taken over.

In a case like this where the phones are down they should be updating the website every few hours with info on what people can and can't access. No point in attacking the customer service lads, not their fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement