Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Eduroam??

• 28-02-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Anyone got a clue how to setup Eduroam to work in DCU? Is there any special security measures that need to be chosen? Anyone got a how-to document on the procedure? I am aware its only used by visitors to the campus from other such eduroam campuses...

N.D.,
    Fi.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

What's wrong with the no-setup-required alternative? But if you insist on EDUROAM, just do a search on the DCU website

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

The DCU website gives an overview of Eduroam here:

http://www4.dcu.ie/iss/networks/laplan/wireless-eduroam1.shtml

However, clicking the link "How Can I Connect to Eduroam?" brings up a "Page Not Found" message.

I do remember seeing flyers with instructions on connecting to Eduroam in the ISS office, maybe you could have a look in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vinnieb92

fidero wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Anyone got a clue how to setup Eduroam to work in DCU? Is there any special security measures that need to be chosen? Anyone got a how-to document on the procedure? I am aware its only used by visitors to the campus from other such eduroam campuses...

N.D.,
    Fi.

'YourUsername'@dcu.ie

It's @dcu.ie for everyone, even if your email is mail.dcu.ie......... This username will also allow you to log in to the TCD and UCD eduroam networks. As well as in universities all over ireland and the world. We're all going to be moved to eduroam soon enough. It's basically to stop free loaders using the network.... Although I kinda prefer the open network idea in a uni campus

Advertisement